DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What happened to home movies? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/287734-what-happened-home-movies.html)

Jack_Savage 04-22-03 12:03 PM

What happened to home movies?

Im sure a lot of you dont watch this show, but those of u who do , what happened? Is it gone? Did family guy take it over?

Home movies is the show after futurama on adult swim.

Anyone know?

wildcatlh 04-22-03 12:20 PM

Family Guy took Home Movies and Oblongs out, I believe.

RichC2 04-22-03 12:23 PM

Family Guy took its daily spot.

The show is officially on Hiatus, don't worry though, Cartoon Network had 13 new episodes made which will air this fall, and it should return to a regular spot sometime this summer (most likely, Reign has worn thin, and I don't think Baby Blues has a huge following.)

Love the schedule for the most part though, Futurama, Family Guy, Trigun, skip inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, go to sleep.

wmansir 04-22-03 12:54 PM

Damn, I didn't even notice this. I usually program my VCR to tape the show and then watch a block of them. I didn't start watching Home Movies until last fall, so it was great to see the eariler episodes. I'll have to check my tape and see what I've got.

I don't know how long Family Guy can stand a daily broadcast, there aren't that many episodes.

nny 04-23-03 11:38 PM

Wasn't Home Movies cancelled from UPN a long time ago? I was really surprised to hear CN made new episodes for them. Has that ever happened before? I would absolutely love to see some of my favorite cancelled shows make a comeback.

RichC2 04-24-03 12:31 AM

I don't know how long Family Guy can stand a daily broadcast, there aren't that many episodes.
There's 50 episodes of Family Guy. Home Movies has been on daily rotation for quite a few months now - and only has like 13 episodes, doesn't it?

Balah 04-24-03 12:21 PM

Home Movies has 39 eps. 3 seasons of 13 eps per (according to TVTome.)

I love me some McGuirk.

tonyc3742 04-24-03 12:34 PM

Yep....one week after I started PVR'ing it and enjoying it [because Cartoon already started rerunning Futurama that I have seen twice this year already], I found they replaced it with Family Guy :(
It seems that a lot of the shows Cartoon is playing, at least during Adult Swim, are very limited [Cowboy Bebop-26 eps or so, HM, 39, Futurama, not a whole lot, at least that they are syndicating, etc.]

Jack_Savage 04-24-03 12:55 PM

Who went pee pee in my canteen!

Hey coach how you doing?

I just drank pee brendon, how do u think im doing? How are you doing?

What were you saying?

this meatloaf is dry

No before that

this is meatloaf?

No before that

this fish is dry

Shemp 04-24-03 01:29 PM

'Futurama' is going to take a rest in July and 'Home Movies' will take ove the 11p time slot, hopefully followed by 'Famliy Guy'.

Like RichC2 said, new 'Home Movies' should debut in the Fall, most likely November.

Chad 04-24-03 02:44 PM

When's "Lupin the 3rd" coming back?

Shemp 04-24-03 04:40 PM

When's "Lupin the 3rd" coming back?
May 19th at midnight with new-to-Cartoon Network episodes.

Brain Stew 04-24-03 07:14 PM

No offense to those who love anime, but.....

Why can't they just get rid of the show that is on at midnight and replace it with Home Movies or something. What a winning trio, Futurama, Family Guy, Home Movies!

RichC2 04-24-03 08:02 PM

No offense to those who love anime, but.....

Why can't they just get rid of the show that is on at midnight and replace it with Home Movies or something. What a winning trio, Futurama, Family Guy, Home Movies!
I love anime, but I also agree many of the animes they show on CN are either too stupid or too short for constant syndication.

Reign is 13 episodes, Cowboy Bebop (which I love) is only 26 - same goes for Trigun. Inuyasha, which I don't like, has well over 100 episodes - but I don't think CN has 'em all.

To be perfectly honest, I think if CN is going to continue on with anime they either need to do it weekly or get some longer series (One Piece would be right at home on regular CN.)

Ah well, that said - I got tired of Home Movies after a while, so what will be will be, it doesn't bother me - as I like Trigun too (though I've already seen it all.) I love Futurama and Family Guy.

Expect Bebop on until the DVD of the movie comes out (probably at least.) It's always great to see R Rated movies advertised on there.