DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   "Mr Personality" On Fox?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/286928-mr-personality-fox.html)

shanester 04-18-03 07:27 AM

"Mr Personality" On Fox??

Has anybody seen the trailer for this new show starting monday April 21st about some woman dating a bunch of guys looking like Mike Myers from Halloween..

I must admit it got me interested!

Leave it to FOX to come up with this stuff (Joe Millionaire, Boot Camp,Temptaion Island,etc)

What would life on TV be without them..God Bless America!

PS..Having Monica Lewinsky host is a icing on the "sleaze cake".

Red Dog 04-18-03 08:24 AM

So getting a hosting gig on a reality show now comes down to whether you have given the President a hummer? ;)

Groucho 04-18-03 08:28 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
So getting a hosting gig on a reality show now comes down to whether you have given the President a hummer? ;)
Sounds like Dennis Miller is up for a new job!

icondude 04-18-03 09:49 AM

I'm definately going to watch this one. However, I feel it would be a better personality test if some of the men were fat and the rest wore padding, etc. I mean the only thing she doesn't know is what his face looks like and if he's bald.

shanester 04-18-03 09:54 AM

Originally posted by icondude
I'm definately going to watch this one. However, I feel it would be a better personality test if some of the men were fat and the rest wore padding, etc. I mean the only thing she doesn't know is what his face looks like and if he's bald.
Your right they all look to be reasonably slim guys..Would have been better if she'd been blind folded IMO

Red Dog 04-18-03 09:58 AM

Originally posted by shanester
Would have been better if she'd been blind folded IMO

Exactly. Can't she still pick the guy who appears to be in the best physical shape? Except for possibly the last episode, this is one reality show I won't be watching. With the exception of Temptation Island and Man vs Beast, I have found the FOX reality offerings to be pretty weak.

fujishig 04-18-03 10:26 AM

Plus, what if she eliminates all the "ugly" people in an early round? Just by chance. Is this like Joe Millionaire, where the contestants don't know that not everyone is a stud? But then how would they explain the masks? Ah well, it is Fox...

Groucho 04-18-03 10:29 AM

Are there actually ugly guys in the lineup, though? With the exception of the goofy looking actor in the promos, all the clips I've seen of the actual guys they seemed like handsome dudes.

Morf 04-18-03 10:42 AM

Thanks for another quality program, Fox. I never liked Futurama, Family Guy, Andy Richter, Undeclared, etc. anyway.

Alyoshka 04-18-03 10:46 AM

Fox is such a foolish station. This, while not a bad idea, looks like it's already been ruined by Fox. Didn't the Dating Game sort of do this already in that she just asked questions without being able to see the guy?

shanester 04-18-03 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Are there actually ugly guys in the lineup, though? With the exception of the goofy looking actor in the promos, all the clips I've seen of the actual guys they seemed like handsome dudes.

They might be different nationalities with various degrees of income hard to tell from the promos if they we are all decent looking..Some might turn out to be dweebs..Let's hope so

Lateralus42 04-18-03 12:31 PM

The fall of western civilization....sigh...

icondude 04-18-03 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
They probably are all handsome only she doesn't know that. It's probably more like a Joe Millionaire scam. Plus how often do they put ugly people in these types of shows anyway?

SuperJim88 04-18-03 02:49 PM

People have got to stop watching these lame lame shows.

Draven 04-18-03 03:14 PM

Thank god Firefly got cancelled. I'd hate for there to be any reason for me to watch Fox.

I hope this show helps usher in the death of reality programming.

slop101 04-18-03 03:43 PM

"That's real clever how she can't judge a person on what he looks like, but only on what he says."

Isn't that basically the old Dating Game?

These tv programers must think we're retarded - but looking at what makes money, I can't blame them...

Alyoshka 04-18-03 03:44 PM

Originally posted by Draven

I hope this show helps usher in the death of reality programming.

Probably a mix between this and the fact that reality shows have turned into a joke (e.g. comedy central mocking how ridiculous the ideas are now) will do it.

big whoppa 04-18-03 05:46 PM

Since Fox won't probably pick a really ugly guy, what's the point? Monica Lewinsky alone is a good reason not to watch this.

Patman 04-19-03 09:48 AM

Is the redheaded chick going to turn out to be a ditz? I don't find her smokin' hot, but okay.

Seantn 04-19-03 01:43 PM

They should have picked half of the guys to be survivors of terrible accidents, so they are deformed, but still really nice guys. Then the other half can be the typical "good looking" guys. I know it sounds twisted, but I would really love to see the look on this dumb bitches face when she removes the mask and the guy looks like the boy from "Mask".

Patman 04-19-03 05:10 PM

Rockie!!!

shanester 04-19-03 06:31 PM

Originally posted by Seantn
They should have picked half of the guys to be survivors of terrible accidents, so they are deformed, but still really nice guys. Then the other half can be the typical "good looking" guys. I know it sounds twisted, but I would really love to see the look on this dumb bitches face when she removes the mask and the guy looks like the boy from "Mask".
Well said!!..He did have a heart of gold though..:)

Darkfriend 04-19-03 08:32 PM

Is the kid from "Mask" on it? Then I'll watch -smile-

And I don't mean Eric Stoltz.

Da Thrilla 04-20-03 01:34 AM

That's sad that Monica Lewinsky is still banking off her "past" :rolleyes:

big whoppa 04-21-03 12:21 AM

Originally posted by Da Thrilla
That's sad that Monica Lewinsky is still banking off her "past" :rolleyes:
If there's any justice in the world, she will be working in a dry cleaner.