Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol - 4/15/2003

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who did you vote for?
Carmen Rasmusen
6.00%
Clay Aiken
34.00%
Joshua Gracin
16.00%
Kimberly Caldwell
14.00%
Kimberly Locke
36.00%
Ruben Studdard
24.00%
Trenyce
8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol - 4/15/2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Daytripper
Even better, it's Julia's fault for being stood up in the lobby for three hours. When the plan was to meet there. Now all that is funny!
Daytripper: 1. Open mouth. 2. Insert foot.

Read the post hotshot, err daytripper, it's Julia's fault for sitting on her ass for three hours instead of going to find them. She's a dunce. Did you watch the show? Sure doesn't seem as though you did.

I know sometimes it's difficult to actually pay attention to what someone specifically says in their post, but if you plan to respond to it, try harder.

Last edited by Alyoshka; 04-18-03 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-18-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Groucho
This thread is like the SAT:

Alyoshka is to Kim Caldwell as mcbg1 is to Kelly Clarkson.

OMG, Kim!
Might be true...but wait...I never A) voted for Kim. B) Spoke highly of any of her performances (research a little before you take the "SAT's" the next time C) Cared all that much about Kim. The thing that annoys me is when people, such as you, make a big deal out of others saying Kim was given a bad rap. Kim certainly was not the "bitch" you and others seem to be making her out to be. I am simply presenting the other side of the coin.
Old 04-18-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by Alyoshka
Daytripper: 1. Open mouth. 2. Insert foot.

Read the post hotshot, err daytripper, it's Julia's fault for sitting on her ass for three hours instead of going to find them. She's a dunce. Did you watch the show? Sure doesn't seem as though you did.

I know sometimes it's difficult to actually pay attention to what someone specifically says in their post, but if you plan to respond to it, try harder.
Alyoshka: 1) Open behind 2) Remove head

I know what you wrote doubledip, err, Alyoshka. Look up sarcasm sometime in the dictionary.
Old 04-18-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Daytripper
I know what you wrote doubledip, err, Alyoshka. Look up sarcasm sometime in the dictionary.

Perhaps you need a little more practice in using "sarcasm" in text.

I'm sorry that your contestant, Ms. DeMato, was unable to get off her lazy ass and find people in the room next door. Oh those filthy bitches who would do that to her.

However, just for textual evidence, sarcasm from the OED.

A sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt. Now usually in generalized sense: Sarcastic language; sarcastic meaning or purpose.

1579 E. K. in Spenser's Sheph. Cal. Oct., Glosse, Tom piper, an ironicall Sarcasmus, spoken in derision of these rude wits, whych [etc.]. 1581 J. BELL Haddon's Answ. Osor. 324 With this skoffe doth he note them..by a certayne figure called Sarcasmus. 1605 J. DOVE Confut. Atheism 38 He called the other Gods so, by a figure called Ironia, or Sarcasmus. 1621 BURTON Anat. Mel. I. ii. IV. IV, Many are of so petulant a spleene, and haue that figure Sarcasmus so often in their mouths,..that [etc.]. 1661 FELTHAM Resolves II. l. 284 Either a Sarcasmus against the voluptuous; or else, 'tis a milder counsel.

1619 H. HUTTON Follie's Anat. (Percy Soc.) 10 Muse, shew the rigour of a satyres art, In harsh sarcasmes, dissonant and smart. 1690 C. NESSE Hist. & Myst. O. & N. Test. I. 234 No lye, but an irony..a witty way of speaking..such sarcasms Elijah used. 1725 BLACKWALL Introd. Class. (ed. 3) 179 When a dying or dead Person is insulted with Scoffs and ironical Tartness 'tis usually call'd a Sarcasm. 1814 SCOTT Ld. of Isles IV. xxviii, With many a sarcasm varied still On woman's wish, and woman's will! 1862 MRS. H. WOOD Channings I. ix. 133 He looked upon the remark as a bit of sarcasm. 1866 GEO. ELIOT F. Holt II. xxx. 227 Blows are sarcasms turned stupid. 1871 FREEMAN Norm. Conq. (1876) IV. 127 William's return was accompanied by a confiscation and distribution of laws on so wide a scale that it could be said with indignant sarcasm that he gave away the land of every man.
Old 04-18-03, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by Alyoshka

Perhaps you need a little more practice in using "sarcasm" in text.

I'm sorry that your contestant, Ms. DeMato, was unable to get off her lazy ass and find people in the room next door. Oh those filthy bitches who would do that to her.

However, just for textual evidence, sarcasm from the OED

***snip***

And clearly you need more practice with your witty retorts.
But glad you find them funny.

Just for further textual evidence, sarcasm from the Encarta World
English Dictionary:

Sarcasm (n)

Remarks that mean the opposite of what they seem to say and are
intended to mock or deride.

For the record, I'm no fan of "my contestant" Ms. DeMato.
I'm sorry you can't get it through your thick head that it
wasn't up to her to go chasing down those other girls
to practice. And how do you know she didn't? Maybe
she did and Fox just didn't show that. Wouldn't surprise
me. If she did indeed sit there on her lazy ass the whole time,
then she's stupid for at least not trying. But it doesn't excuse
the others for blowing off the rehearsal. And if you can't
understand that, then you're a bigger dunce than you claim
Julia is.
Old 04-18-03, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by conscience
damn no more eye candy now.

no more watching.

I stopped watching when Julia left.
Old 04-19-03, 09:48 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by movieking
On a sort of off-topic, does anyone know how Kelly Clarkson's CD is doing? I know that it was released recently, but I haven't seen in on the charts. Has it been released long enough to be on the charts, or is it bombing?
From what I've read, Kelly's CD is expected to open next week at #1 or #2. 50 Cent appears to be her only competition for the top spot.

I've got it and it's pretty good. For more opinions, you can check out Amazon.com. 154 reviews already with about 95% or so liking it.
Old 04-19-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by evenflowddt
I stopped watching when Julia left.
I've got you beat: I stopped watching when Ashley Hartman wasn't moved on...

Old 04-19-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Kelly was on the view yesterday. She performend Miss Independent. It was ok. To me, there were audio problems, but I don't know if it was the TV or her performance (the song had way too much bass).

Also, Kim C was on Wayne Brady's show. Pretty light fluffy interview "I love everyone, etc". Her and Wayne did a duet on the disco song that she sang that I can't remember the name of right now...
Old 04-19-03, 10:53 AM
Banned

Miss Independent has a great rock vibe on the cd.

her album has some great r'nb songs and some great country/rock songs, it isn't bubble gum pop for sure
Old 04-19-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I like "Beautiful Disaster" pretty well. Listening to "Miss Independent" is a better experience that watching Kelly's performance of it on AI 2 weeks ago.

I do enjoy the flutter in her voice.

------------

BTW, that Ashley girl could not sing!
Old 04-19-03, 11:01 AM
Banned

yeah Beautiful Disaster is my favorite song also.

I lover her duet with Tamyra Gray " You Thought Wrong "

" Some Kind Of Miracle " and " Just Missed The Train " are great too.

I seriously think this album has something to like for everybody