DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dead Zone--Season 2 to continue this summer (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/285934-dead-zone-season-2-continue-summer.html)

Chew 04-14-03 10:10 AM

Dead Zone--Season 2 to continue this summer

USA has ordered six additional episodes of its original series "The Dead Zone" to being airing this summer.

The fresh batch, billed as an extension of its second season, is tentatively scheduled to begin airing on Sunday, July 6. No decision however has been made on a third season. It is also not known if "The Hunt for Osama," an episode from this season which was pulled due to its sensitive content, will also air during the extended run.
Link

:thumbsup: to new episodes

:down::down: to USA for not also announcing a third season.

I guess it shouldn be too shocking: they are a sister-network to the Hammer channel. Dragging their feet on a high rated series that brings exposure runs in the family.

TeeSeeJay 04-14-03 10:31 AM

Weird. My cable listing showed "The Hunt for Osama" playing sometime this weekend. I knew the season was finished, so I was like, "The hunt for Osama? WTF?" -- flipped over, and they were playing some other episode, don't remember which one. I thought it was some kind of joke. I didn't know there actually WAS such an episode that just hadn't been aired. Hopefully they'll include it on the Season 2 DVD, if and when it comes out.

Or not. I don't know. Not sure that's a subject I want to see in the Dead Zone; it's not that I'm sensitive about it or easily offended, but it seems too real or too current to make a good episode.

jpcamb 04-14-03 10:50 AM

Glad to hear about season 2.1

I just found the show this season and am really enjoying it, I was disapointed to find that last week was the last one but I did miss all of season 1 and a few episodes this season so I'm looking forward to see what I missed and to see more.

clemente 04-14-03 08:14 PM

Does the lack of a season 3 have to do with the producers and AMH locked in some legal woes? Didn't he fail to disclose that he was bipolar or some such thing?

Flay 04-14-03 10:43 PM

Season 2.1 is a great idea since Zion was a craptacular season ender.

I'm all for giving Bruce an episode, but where is my biggie cliffhanger like last year's "Washington in Flames" Vision?

AgtFox 04-15-03 08:36 AM

Originally posted by Flay
Season 2.1 is a great idea since Zion was a craptacular season ender.

I'm all for giving Bruce an episode, but where is my biggie cliffhanger like last year's "Washington in Flames" Vision?

Exactly. Did we even hit the 13 episode mark this year even without the Osama episode?

sherm42 04-15-03 10:54 AM

The point of the final episode was to show that Johnny has to figure out a way to stop Stillson without resorting to killing him. This is where the show will diverge from the book and take on a new direction.

AgtFox 04-15-03 01:43 PM

Originally posted by sherm42
The point of the final episode was to show that Johnny has to figure out a way to stop Stillson without resorting to killing him. This is where the show will diverge from the book and take on a new direction.
But Johnny didn't even see the vision that Bruce had. Only Bruce knows exactly what happened in that vision. Johnny would have shot Stillson had Bruce stayed at home to preach. It was more showing that without Bruce there, Johnny would be a heck of a lot different.

mrosen 05-15-03 04:04 PM

Check out the latest update from Exec Producer Michael Piller. I read the teleplay and it sounds awesome. I certainly hope they air it.

Mike