DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Why are there so many repeats around this time? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/285671-why-there-so-many-repeats-around-time.html)

Rypro 525 04-12-03 08:35 PM

Why are there so many repeats around this time?

Well, for one Alias is yet another repeat, and it seems like all of last month, every thing was a repeat. Are they waiting for may sweeps or something since this is getting rediculous.

das Monkey 04-12-03 08:53 PM

Re: Why are there so many repeats around this time?

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth Rypro PG-13 •<HR SIZE=1>Are they waiting for may sweeps or something since this is getting rediculous. <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. It's like this every April. Everyone's gearing up for May Sweeps and the big season finale push.

Don't worry, though ... if you watch NBC, Sweeps means babies, weddings, and guest stars!! Woo hoo!! Oops, I think I spilled some sarcasm on your thread.

das

WiccanPagan 04-12-03 09:09 PM

it weird that some shows are already ending while others are showing reruns to prep for next month.

das Monkey 04-12-03 09:37 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth WiccanPagan •<HR SIZE=1>it weird that some shows are already ending while others are showing reruns to prep for next month. <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

Counter-Sweeps. A lot of shows, particularly cable, will capitalize on the rerun madness to get more viewers for their shows. A major offender of this was what the Sci-Fi Channel did with <I>Farscape</I>. During the first two seasons, the show would come strong in March and April, disappear during May sweeps, return for June, July, August, and September, disappear again, and then run the final 4 episodes of the season in January (pre-February Sweeps). In the 3rd season, they took this to an absurd extreme and held the final 4 episodes of the season hostage for over 7 months until the April lull.

das

Chew 04-14-03 06:33 AM

Remember, according to NBC, if you haven't seen a repeat: it's new to you :rolleyes:

Groucho 04-14-03 08:17 AM

I just saw NBC's promo for their upcoming "surprise stunts." Thanks, fellows. Because of all your spoilers in that promo...I now have no need to actually watch those shows!

Red Dog 04-14-03 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
I just saw NBC's promo for their upcoming "surprise stunts." Thanks, fellows. Because of all your spoilers in that promo...I now have no need to actually watch those shows!

You mean like adding a black character to Friends? ;)

Groucho 04-14-03 08:22 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
You mean like adding a black character to Friends? ;)
Don't you mean "Adding [CASTING SPOILER] to Friends"?

Patman 04-14-03 08:47 AM

I liked the way NBC incorporated Pop-Up videos in last week's repeat of Will and Grace. That almost made it worth watching all over again.

Bandoman 04-14-03 09:33 AM

Originally posted by Patman
I liked the way NBC incorporated Pop-Up videos in last week's repeat of Will and Grace. That almost made it worth watching all over again.
That was actually funny. "This is the ninth gay joke."