DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Stay healthy Chandler Bing. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/285638-stay-healthy-chandler-bing.html)

Rainet 04-12-03 05:02 PM

Stay healthy Chandler Bing.

I just picked up Friends Season 3 dvd set, and I am enjoying it tremendously. But I've noticed around the episodes where Chandler and Janice breaks up during season 3, Chandler has started to lose alot of weight.

I know i read alot about his ups and downs with his health, but i kept thinking it started around season 5 or 6 for some reason. I always loved Friends, but i never followed it closely until i started picking up the season sets.

Has he gained at least a little weight back for season 4?? i hope! (yes i know about the huge gain in later seasons), but more importantly how is Chandler doing now these days? Sadly i havent watched any episodes for the current season. I really hope he's doing well now. He's my favorite character on the show.

Stay healthy Matt. Your a comedic genius.

Deftones 04-12-03 05:43 PM

his health fluctuated because of his prescription pill addiction.

fujishig 04-12-03 09:56 PM

He was really skinny in those episodes. Then he ballooned up during the engagement with Monica (or around that time, I don't remember). Now he looks in between, and like the previous poster said, it was mostly due to his addiction, which has been taken care of.

Rypro 525 04-13-03 04:52 PM

I thought his problem was with alchohol. And didn't everything with the series go down the toilet around 5 through 7 and then in 8 the show came back.

AXP 103 04-14-03 01:18 PM

Matthew Perry has had problems with alcohol and pain killers (The skinny Chandler phase was brought on by pain killers). I think during this period he had an odd auto accident that ended up in the papers. As it stands right now, she seems to be leading a normal life.

Stats 04-14-03 01:34 PM

Originally posted by AXP 103
As it stands right now, she seems to be leading a normal life.
Two parts of that statement are really funny:

"She": Care to let us in on Matthew Perry's secret life? :)

"Normal life": Can life really be normal when you make $24 mil a year?

On topic, he's looked very healthy last season and so far this season. I think we all got worried when they sent him to Tulsa, thinking that Tulsa = real life rehab, but that was actually a pretty funny storyline.

JasonF 04-14-03 02:35 PM

Originally posted by Stats
On topic, he's looked very healthy last season and so far this season. I think we all got worried when they sent him to Tulsa, thinking that Tulsa = real life rehab, but that was actually a pretty funny storyline.
I figured Tulsa = "we can write you out of an episode or four if you need to go back into rehab," but after a few months of shooting this season, they decided Perry was doing OK, and brought him back to NY.

AXP 103 04-14-03 03:17 PM

Stats- You got me on the typo, and by "normal life" I mean "My friends aren't asking me to check into Betty Ford" normal.