Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

50/50 chance of Angel coming back for a 5th season?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-10-03, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?30750
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - It's an anxious time for writer/producer David Greenwalt.

After having been moved around The WB's schedule, "Angel" is currently airing Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET. While it has a loyal following, there is an opinion at the network that it may not be able to increase its audience. According to Greenwalt, he and fellow producers Whedon, Tim Minear and Jeffrey Bell have an idea on what to do about that.

"Most recently," he says, "Joss and Jeff and Tim and I went to both [producing studio] Fox and The WB to explain the exciting next year for 'Angel.' We're going to revamp the whole show."

David Boreanaz stars in "Angel" as a vampire with a soul, who has been battling evil in Los Angeles after leaving the Sunnydale setting of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," currently airing on UPN. With "Buffy" coming to an end after seven seasons this May, Greenwalt sees even more possibilities. For one, he plans to move beyond the vintage hotel that currently houses Angel and his crew.

"I'm not sure we're going to blow up the hotel," he says, "but the notion is of them going to a place that is more like an advertising agency, lots of glass and light. It's going to be great -- visitors from the 'Buffy'-verse, including a possible regular from the 'Buffy'-verse."

"I think these ideas are so strong that it could run two years. It would be a whole new show. We'd put the characters in a new situation, both financially and physically. It's all about us saying, 'OK, you've been on the Greenpeace ship saying, " Hey, Shell Oil is bad." What happens if you actually have to go work for Shell Oil? What happens if you had to be on the inside, grow up, get a real job?' I'm really excited about it."

"I give 'Angel' a better than 50/50 chance of coming back next year. I think it has a pretty good shot."

I am preying, I really like this show, and it at least needs a 5th season, a 6th season would be awsome as well, but please please, I hope for a 5th season, I wish it was greenlighted months ago though, but I hope they sell their pitch for the 5th season.

Everyone get watching, even if your a angel fan who just waits for the dvd, leave your programme set on when Angels on, contribute to the ratings..

In a way, its a shame its decided by rattings too much, if they made the tv show for the dvds alone, would still turn a profit, it's doing very well in the dvds sales, angel season in US. Number 3 I believe.

I don't get why most amercians watch reality shows, and good shows like Angel, Alias, don;t get those kind of ratings, no justice.

But lets keep the faith, should be back!

Also sign the 5th season petition:
www.renewangel.com.

Another poll for USA Today, I voted keep Angel and Becker, drop the rest!
http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...-04-05-sos.htm

I hope someone replies in this thread, nothing more annoying, then seeing threads read and no replies.

Last edited by SeanValen; 04-10-03 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-10-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Angel renewal is been discussed here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=281198

is your friend

Last edited by Chew; 04-10-03 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-11-03, 01:17 AM

good news, but chew is right. the "search is your friend" line is mandatory in these cases.