DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Tv shows that don't get weekly threads for the most part? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/284666-tv-shows-dont-get-weekly-threads-most-part.html)

Rypro 525 04-08-03 04:53 PM

Tv shows that don't get weekly threads for the most part?

Most if not all the cbs monday night lineup
E.R.
Most of UPN's schedule (except for Buffy)

tofu 04-08-03 05:08 PM

the lesser reality shows like fear factor

there's probably a reason why they don't get weekly threads :D

freedexter 04-08-03 05:52 PM

a majority of ABC, NBC, and the WB sitcoms, like Reba, Will and Grace, and Frasier. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just means people don't want to talk about the show.

Jobronie 04-08-03 05:54 PM

Re: Tv shows that don't get weekly threads for the most part?

Originally posted by Rypro PG-13
E.R.

ER usually gets a weekly thread......

WiccanPagan 04-08-03 06:29 PM

i start some threads for the minor shows. i try to get a weekly good morning miami thread (which gets about 5-7 posts :lol: ). i think about doing some of the other shows i watch (particularly what i like about you but most of the abc sitcoms, as well), but don't think most people would care so i decide to pass.

Jadzia 04-08-03 06:53 PM

Trading Spaces

American Dreams

Queer As Folk

WiccanPagan 04-08-03 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Jadzia
American Dreams
i've seen every episode of this and wouldn't mind a weekly thread, though as i mentioned above i don't start one because i think there is a lack of interest. will test drive a thread on the next episode and see what happens.

Mopower 04-08-03 07:36 PM

Because most everything on the networks sucks.

Deftones 04-08-03 08:30 PM

The Agency

xnlt 04-08-03 08:33 PM

John Doe

mikehunt 04-08-03 09:05 PM

JAG

Simpson Purist 04-08-03 09:19 PM

King of the Hill
Law & Order

B.A. 04-08-03 09:28 PM

Originally posted by xnlt
John Doe
We used to have threads for J.D. all the time during the first few months, but a lot of people lost interest. I still watch it, but I wish they would stick to the storyline involving finding out who he is and where he came from.

B.A. 04-08-03 09:29 PM

Fastlane

Third Watch

inVectiVe 04-08-03 10:15 PM

Crank Yankers.

Not sure that's a total loss, though. Even as someone who liked season 1, I wonder how productive a conversation would be with a bunch of dudes posting, "OMG Did you see the part where Bobby Fletcher kept burping? LOLLOLOLOOL!"

But I must say, I busted a knee and slapped a gut at tonight's ep where the guy described running hurdles. "They're smaller - but there's more of 'em, plus they're closer together. So I be like step step step JUMP! Step step step JUMP!"

tsohg 04-08-03 11:14 PM

Soul Food tried a couple times but it just didn't fly maybe it's the demographic here ;)

edytwinky 04-08-03 11:33 PM

Trading Spaces and While You Were Out

dglaser6 04-09-03 06:10 AM

King of Queens

Chew 04-09-03 06:13 AM

Most of UPN's schedule (except for Buffy)
Enterprise gets a weekly thread, 'cause I either start one or post in it ;)

Iron Chef 04-09-03 07:49 AM

60 Minutes

Red Dog 04-09-03 08:23 AM

Originally posted by dglaser6
King of Queens

If any comedy deserves it, it is this one. Always funny.

It seems like most comedies don't weekly threads.

Generally, it seems that the geeky shows (no offense - I watch a few of them myself ;) ) tend to get the weekly threads. The self contained dramas do not.

Jadzia 04-09-03 10:06 AM

Originally posted by xnlt
John Doe
I always end up watching John Doe later because I record it and it sometimes takes me a week to watch thenewst episode. I hate when I come on here to look for the thread because the search buttton can't search for "Doe" because it's only 3 letters and "John" is such a common search term.

GuessWho 04-09-03 10:22 AM

Originally posted by tofu
the lesser reality shows like fear factor
That's a game show, not a reality show.
Nobody calls Wheel of Fortune a reality show.

A reality show shows people living a "normal" life as we observe their daily activities and interpersonal interactions.

Fear Factor is a game show. American Idol is also a contest.

Survivor is a reality show because we're a fly on the wall, observing these people interact.

briank 04-09-03 10:26 AM

I agree with King Of Queens.
It's a great show, and although it gets discussed every once in a while, it usually doesn't get a weekly thread.

I also like watching every week:
Law and Order SVU
and Law and Order: CI

thejammy 04-09-03 11:33 AM

Most if not all the cbs monday night lineup

shhh don't tell boatdrinks that ;)