Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24: Season 2 - Hour 18 - 4/8/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season 2 - Hour 18 - 4/8/03

Old 04-08-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty good episode in all - saw all the Holy s*** moments coming miles away, but at least Jack didn't have to interrogate anyone and so far Kim hasn't met another psycho to run from. Things could be looking up. Also, the trailer for next week's show looks outstanding. Can't wait!
Old 04-08-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
Something tells me Kim's storyline is going to get tied into Jack's. I think the guys who have taken Jack in the next episode might try and kidnap Kim to get Jack to talk. It's been done before, but it could still be interesting.
Old 04-09-03, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
good episode, i thought.

On a funny side note, the hot chick doing the "Fox News" reporting was a former "news" caster here in AZ. Her name is Claudia DiFalco. She's apparently moved onto bigger and better things like reporting news in a tv show.
Old 04-09-03, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Awwww..

Guess Miguel won't be doing anymore roundhouse kicks anytime soon..

As someone said when the accident happened, I found it VERY amusing that the cop was injured and Miguel lost a limb..but Kim emerged injury free..

Unless it was the mountain lion/cougar that ripped off Miguel's leg?
Old 04-09-03, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I had to chuckle about the unrest happening in Marietta GA (since I live about 20-25 minutes away).

I was hoping they would go with the paralyzed-angle for Miguel, but they went for more of the shocking amputation (but whose leg heals up like that in less than 12 hours after being amputated?).

I remembered that when Jack was using his metal detector on "Wallace" that he had "bullet/sharpnel" in his ribcage area, so it was pretty obvious where he was keeping the info, but you have to wonder if "Wallace" was really going to give it up once he was on the plane.

Last edited by Patman; 04-09-03 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-09-03, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
I was hoping they would go with the paralyzed-angle for Miguel, but they went for more of the shocking amputation (but whose leg heals up like that in less than 12 hours after being amputated?).
That's what I was going to ask: how many hours has it been since we've seen Miguel?

Although it was cliche to have the guy die, at least they didn't drag out the location of the chip until next week. I was expecting the episode to end with them not finding it (although it was pretty obvious where it was to begin with).
Old 04-09-03, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by Patman
I had to chuckle about the unrest happening in Marietta GA (since I live about 20-25 minutes away).
DUDE! I'm in Roswell and me and my wife cracked up when they first showed the city name on the news caption, but when they just kept repeating it over and over and over we just lost it. I swear, fragging Hollywood, man. That was such an intentional jab at the south and specifically Cobb County after all the political contriversy they have had with the leftists over the years. I was shocked the guy they interviewed wasn't drawling like some back woods hillbilly. THAT was really funny! Butidigress......

Anyhoo, back to the real show. Just to prove how moronic this writing staff truely is, did no one over there ever think about how the hell he was going to give Jack the chip if he hadn't died on the table? "Here, Bauer. Let me reach into my spleen and get it for you before I catch this here flight..." I mean, they knew he was going to die so they wrote this "clever" plot device.... corny.

BUT, Jack just continues to be the reason to watch this damned show. He is just an amazing character and Keifer plays him to a T. So, yeah, thumbs up Jack, thumbs down silly plot devices, Thumb in my own eye because the show is my guilty pleeasure from week to week.
Old 04-09-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Pretty good episode IMO. Nice to see Palmer grow a pair but it temporarily blew up in his face with the death of a boy. He stuck to his guns though (so to speak). I don't think our snake friend had any intention of giving up that chip considering where it was placed. Hop on the plane with the girl, get to the destination, kill the girl, be home free. Maybe try to off Jack and the other dude at the airport. Oh well, best laid plans. Now he's dead, Jack has the evidence and

Spoiler:
From the promo for next week's episode we'll get to see a hell of a lot more of Jack than we probably need to

If only we could have done without the whole Kim subplot the episode would have been really good. Though I could have lived without Jack reaching into the snakes ribcage, that was just gross. Though pulling the gun in the hospital and screaming I am the police was kinda funny.
Old 04-09-03, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was laughing at the Marietta thing too. Shame us hillbillies don't know no better down here. Am I missing something? Is there a large upper-middle class Middle Eastern community in May'retta?

Anyway, I see the "start strong and fall apart mid-season" formula for this show is nicely in tact. See, the information is inside ... inside ... inside him. Look at us ... we's clever.

I too keep watching just for Jack ... and Palmer to an extent, but even he was a cornball last night.

das
Old 04-09-03, 08:30 AM

I laughed out loud when that sheriff brought Kim into the interrogation room and recapped the action -- "you've had quite a day, young lady..." Too bad he didn't know about the mountain lion and Lonnie the Survivalist. Dontcha think Kim needs to take a nap for the rest of the season?

And this whole timing thing is getting way out of hand. President Palmer mobilizes the National Guard and they are on the scene within ten minutes! Give me a break.

Last edited by BMAG; 04-09-03 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-09-03, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Venusian

the chip inside the dude and him dieing at the last second...cliche.
I thought Jack was going to reach inside of him and pull out the Fifth Element.
Old 04-09-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked this episode. Hopefully Kim will be occupied with her boyfriend for the rest of the series.
Old 04-09-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode had tons of implausibles. First the leg amputation. They were in that accident, what less than 12 hours ago? So they had time to rush himto the hospital, amputate his leg, and he's now fully conscious and already "dealing" with his loss? Not to mention, the stub looked completely healed. They could have at least wrapped it up fully in bandages.

And the whole Marietta Georgia thing is just odd. The bomb went off at 11pm Pacific Time. Wouldn't most of the people in Georgia still be in bed when it happened? You'd think they really wouldn't start rioting until the next day or something.

Why didn't the President immediately go on the air? All he had to do was say they found the bomb in time, detonated it safely and are working around the clock to determine who planned it. Say theyhave someleads but are waiting for conclusive evidence.

Geez, even GW Bush waited at least a month to attack Afghanistan.
Old 04-09-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Jadzia •<HR SIZE=1>Geez, even GW Bush waited at least a month to attack Afghanistan. <HR SIZE=1>

Dubya didn't have to worry about May sweeps.

das
Old 04-09-03, 10:29 AM

OH! SNAP! No you DI'in't!!!!
Old 04-09-03, 11:06 AM

I for one really like the eps. The firefight I thought was bada$$. But was i the only one that, at times, thought it was a commerical for Nextel?
Old 04-09-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good episode. However, just a couple things...

-Kim's plot line just seems to slow everything down (as always)
-I'm sure they (Tony?) will use her to get to Jack
Old 04-09-03, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth TheEdge21 •<HR SIZE=1>was i the only one that, at times, thought it was a commerical for Nextel? <HR SIZE=1>

It's always good to use a loud speaker during covert operations and firefights.

das
Old 04-09-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts
Sensitive musician boyfriend now has a reason to be sensitive!

He'll probably be the villain next season. "Your daughter took my leg, now I'm going to crash an asteroid into the Earth! Mwaa HA HA!

This show's fun when you watch it with your Bay/Bruckheimer glasses on.
Old 04-09-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by slop101
"Your daughter took my leg, now I'm going to crash an asteroid into the Earth! Mwaa HA HA!
Don't know why, but reading that made me think the real villain next season will be:

Old 04-09-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 439 Likes on 307 Posts
Also - I've been to Atlanta once - but I doubt anyone there (or anywhere else) would be protesting/demonstrating at 4am (1am west coast, so 4am Georgia).

Who does this? Wouldn't it take at least a day for people to organize, and wouldn't they do it during the day, when they'd get more exposure - bah - this show's starting to piss me off.

Next season they should make it 24 DAYS, instead of hours.
Old 04-09-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'd riot too if I lived in Marietta.
Old 04-09-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth slop101 •<HR SIZE=1>This show's fun when you watch it with your Bay/Bruckheimer glasses on. <HR SIZE=1>

das
Old 04-09-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
a few things....

the chip inside the dude and him dieing at the last second...cliche.

also, not sure if its my affiliate or fox but has anyone else noticed a whole ton of car commercials? plus the ford product placement?

and a big whoop whoop to Marietta!!!
i'm from marietta, ga.

we get up early to protest everything to avoid the heat and the humidity.
Old 04-09-03, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by crankyman

we get up early to protest everything to avoid the heat and the humidity.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.