DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Er 4/3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/283619-er-4-3-a.html)

Feneant 04-03-03 06:59 PM

Er 4/3

Not a bad episode I guess, but

Spoiler:
Way too much Romano for my taste. I enjoy him when he isn't there too long, but tonight it just got irritating. At least he gets the crap beaten out of him, maybe next week he won't be such an a**. Other than that, it's your regular episode, except that Sherry Stringfield's caracter is married after her trip to Vegas, and from the way the episode goes, they are going to go with that for a while I think.

B.A. 04-03-03 09:03 PM

Romano is starting off the show on a roll.

Romano to Weaver: "You're bending me over and driving it straight up the chocolate highway." OUCH!!!rotfl

Rogue588 04-03-03 09:19 PM

16 minutes in and i'm ready to declare this the single.best.episode.in.a.LONG.time..

Romano :up: rotfl

PhYbEr 04-03-03 09:55 PM

ouch!

"reminds me how good i am"

"was"

that's gotta hurt...

Ranger 04-03-03 09:59 PM

"ER= Everyone's Replacable!" rotfl Great episode!

ClarkKentKY 04-03-03 10:08 PM

GREAT EPISODE. Lots of humor, interesting cases, and lots of non-abby character development.

Feels like ER might be out of the slump! :)

B.A. 04-03-03 10:10 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
GREAT EPISODE. Lots of humor, interesting cases, and lots of non-abby character development.

Feels like ER might be out of the slump! :)

Hey! - I like Abby...but it was nice to see them concentrate on someone else for a change. Romano was on a tear - I think we will be seeing him jumping off the hospital before the season is out. He doesn't pull any punches, that is for sure.

MrX 04-03-03 10:53 PM

That was the best episode in a long time.

Glad to see the return of the old Romano.

I loved it when he fired Haleh and then when she came back he asked her well the hell she's been:lol:

SuperJim88 04-03-03 10:59 PM

I gotta say that last 3 mins was the best. Boy, it felt good to see him get beat up. He asked for it.

Guilty pleasure rotfl rotfl

Static Cling 04-03-03 11:24 PM

Best word of the episode... "was." Bitch. :)

Buck Turgidson 04-04-03 12:17 AM

Pratt is always Mr. Smooth :lol:

Weaver's "Cockroach" description of Romano was second only to Corday's classic characteriaztion of him a few years a go: "He's a horrible little tuuuuurd."

Charlie Goose 04-04-03 12:42 AM

For Romano fans, this was the episode. He actually had Jerry do research to see which personnel he could fire.

"Where are your parents?"
"I don't have parents. They were killed in a car accident last year."
"Bummer. So, what's your problem?"

Susan and her husband plot = :yack:

Kerry using a regular crutch after hers was swiped = :lol:

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Kal-El 04-04-03 12:59 AM

Hate Romano. go bar guys. go Gallant--"was".
I wonder if Carter will do another walkout anytime soon.

btlives 04-04-03 01:45 AM

Too bad they did use this story line about 10 eps ago.
The show has been flat, and conflict always seems
to liven it up. Though I am sure they will find a way
to (dull) Abby it up again before the season finale.

On a side note though, someone please stop filling
Sherry Stringfields feedbag full. I guess she is trying
to Fill In for Haleh's old character now.

Rogue588 04-04-03 02:55 AM

I noticed that too...not that there's anything wrong with a 'lil meat on the bones...

Buck Turgidson 04-04-03 04:10 AM

Me, too. More cushion, don't ya know... :drool:

bothanspy 04-04-03 06:03 AM

I dont know if you guys caught this, but when Pratt goes to buy the gloves from that guy who got his foot run over, he is hobbling around with Weaver's cane/crutch. :)

SPY

tofu 04-04-03 09:33 AM

Originally posted by bothanspy
I dont know if you guys caught this, but when Pratt goes to buy the gloves from that guy who got his foot run over, he is hobbling around with Weaver's cane/crutch. :)

that was pretty cool. the last 2 minutes was great.

Patman 04-04-03 10:16 AM

But you can't really have a stark raving mad racist running the ER. Romano's comments would have landed anyone in hot water. Romano's on the way out.

retihsuhnt 04-04-03 10:55 AM

I am sorry, but Im not a huge ER fan (rarely catch an episode), but Romano and the opening twenty minutes had me damn near falling out of my chair. I love Romano's character. I think it was last season when Corday (sp) in her first episode back was going off on Weaver, saying "great, your going to cry now." Those two, Romano and the new and improved Corday are what draws me to this show.

Rogue588 04-04-03 11:16 AM

Originally posted by Patman
Romano's on the way out.
MAN...I hope not..

More great Romano quips..

Calling Kovach "Igor" & "Green Card"

Calling Gallant "Goofus"

saoirse 04-04-03 11:36 AM

Great episode.

redskull47 04-04-03 12:58 PM

Yoik! Thanks, Rogue588, I finally get it: Gallant = Goofus.

Was it just me, or did Romano seem very unconcerned during his butt-whuppin'? It seemed to me like he just laid there & took it; he didn't even try to fend them off with his good arm. Some sort of self-punishment for the way he behaved his first day in the e.r.? Ehh, probably not--this IS Romano after all.

Any DS9 fans notice that the street peddler (the one who got his foot ran over & stole Weaver's crutch) was played by Max Grodenchek - Quark's brother Rom?

Bandoman 04-04-03 03:05 PM

Romano in very self-destructive right now, and he set up his own beating. I think he's looking for a "way out" without actually committing suicide.

His dialogue in this ep was some of the funniest stuff on that show ever.

DrRingDing 04-04-03 08:45 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588

Calling Gallant "Goofus"

darn... i thought i was going to be the one to point that out! :p

great episode!! :up::up:
-di doctor-