The Shield (season finale) 4/1

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield (season finale) 4/1

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-03, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be wrong, but it looked to me like the Armenian "leader" shot his own 2 guys cause he caught them pocketing some money. It looked like he came up, pulled some package out of their pocket, then shot them and threw what he pulled out of their pockets down on top of them.

At least thats what I thought I saw.
Old 04-02-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My interpretation of the money shot was that they were just in awe of how much there was (this was my impression both times I watched it).
Old 04-02-03, 11:37 AM
Cool New Member

great ending. i truly believe that they were in awe of it, and letting it sink in that they are criminals and will have to watch their backs for the rest of their lives. btw, as for speculation to season 3, everything ended the way it was supposed to for everyone (Stirke team get their score, Aceveda gets city council, claudette gets cheir to straighten up the barn.) that the proverbial poo poo will hit the fan in season 3. I can see right now Vic settling down his tactics, and being a good cop, but Shane getting hungrier for more, and them having a falling out with Lem, Tayvon, and Ronnie choosing sides. They are gonna blow off that money train story before the new sesason starts, but i wouldnt be suprised if Vic comes across one of those Armenians that recognizes his voice, and it gets brought back to the fore front next season. I was wondering why they didnt use those devices that manipulates youre voice, but i thought it may have just been an oversight, maybe it wasnt. btw, this isnt a spoiler, just speculation on my part, please dont blast me with "spoliing" everything for ya
Old 04-02-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did I miss something? What were Vic and Shane doing at that apartment when they stuck all that money under a recliner?

Great show! I absolutely love this show it is very intense keeps it up week after week!
Old 04-02-03, 12:28 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by teddydogg
Did I miss something? What were Vic and Shane doing at that apartment when they stuck all that money under a recliner?
That was the wounded Armenian's apartment. They were planting the money there as planned in a previous scene.
Old 04-02-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
That was the wounded Armenian's apartment. They were planting the money there as planned in a previous scene.
thanks I must have missed a minute!
Old 04-02-03, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the song info.. just grabbed it and after listening to it, it's definitely appropriate for the ending of this episode.

I think what Gilroy said will come back to haunt them:
"I got too greedy, and I lost everything."

This money will be the end of the Strike Team in one way or another. Either from external forces (the Amenians, Acevada, or Claudette), or from within (Tevon, or just greed and paranoia that comes from having all that money shared between people).

Season 3 can't come fast enough.

Last edited by TK-421; 04-02-03 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-02-03, 12:50 PM

Beginning of Season 3: Shane's stripper girlfriend is trotting around in a new fur coat and Lemonhead shows up driving a pink cadillac.
Old 04-02-03, 01:28 PM

Absolutely great season finale. When does season 3 start?

Also, at the end of the show, you see Dutch investigating the crime scene where the Money Train hit went down. You think there's anything to connect the Strike Team to the take-down? That would be an interesting angle to pursue in the 3rd season. Especially with Claudette as captain...

Last edited by SiberianLlama; 04-02-03 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-02-03, 01:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by SiberianLlama
When does season 3 start?
I read somewhere they don't start shooting until September so we'll have to wait unti Dec or Jan for season 3 to begin
Old 04-02-03, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Loved this scene! Is Tavon in Acevedo's pocket? I know it was his idea to place a new person on the team. And Vic's expression was classic, when Tavon slid the round out of the chamber. Slick. Will he be privy to the outside activities of the strike force?

I think Shane and Lemonhead are just freaked because they're thinking of the repercussions. They almost had to do the job themselves and it was almost botched. Vic's expressions here were classic also, like a kid in a candy store with no spending limit.
Old 04-02-03, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
From the very first time I saw the previews of a new show titled "Rampart", I knew it was going to be something special. Two seasons later and I'm still in awe every week. The writing, the plots, the acting, the action, etc. make this the best show on the air. I hate having to wait 8 months minimum for new episodes. Whatever happened to May finales and September starts?

That huge pile of money is going to need serious laundering. Kickbacks from drug dealers are one thing, ripping off the Armenian mob is way beyond that. You just can't steal that much money and expect to get away clean. Trails are left and people will talk. I'm worried for the Strike Team.

Honk!
Old 04-02-03, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Perfect episode. Absolutely great. I loved the scene with Tavon. Count me among those that think that the team just realized just how deep they're getting into it. Stealing from the mob, robbing millions of dollars, botched plan, etc.
Old 04-02-03, 03:28 PM

What an awesome season... That's all I had to say.
-r
Old 04-02-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Tuan Jim

Also, at the end, they sure had some weird expressions looking at the money.
Spoiler:
almost like it was fake/counterfeit or just a setup or something.
-- probably just shock and all that.
I interpreted it as more them realizing that they're just as bad as the criminals* and knowing they've now got a big bullseye on them. Someone higher up in the Armenian mob is gonna know about the train and wonder where their money went.

*True, they weren't squeaky clean before, but this was much bigger than anything they'd done before.

I don't know about you guys, but if I had that much money right in front of me I'd jump into the pile and start swimming in it.

That's probably just me though.

Great show. Great season. Great finale.

I like the new guy on the strike team. I had a feeling he was alright and this week he proved it.

"Man, your partner is a psycho."
"Yes. Yes, he is! "

Last edited by WhoGirl; 04-02-03 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-02-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by WhoGirl

*True, they weren't squeaky clean before, but this was much bigger than anything they'd done before.
Most dangerous, yes, but worst? I would have to disagree. They stole dirty money from dirty people. I think them murdering Terry is a lot worse.
Old 04-02-03, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"You think there's anything to connect the Strike Team to the take-down?"

Yes there is because Shane gave his cell number to the "gangster" they were following. Will this point be used in the future, I doubt it. But Shane's cell number is on the guy who they were tailing.
Old 04-02-03, 04:56 PM

I doubt that "Cletus" gave out his real #.
Old 04-02-03, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I seriously doubt Cletus Van Damme gave him his real cell number.

das
Old 04-02-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
If I caught that scene correctly, they took the wounded Armenian to the hospital so that he wouldn't die, but had his address from his drivers license and planted one block of money in his apartment to make it look like he was with the robbers (them). That way the Armenian would have to run for his life and wouldn't be around to potentially ID them.
Old 04-02-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Das and Groucho, both make good points. But I do think it would be funny if Shane pulled a Lemonhead and actually gave his number out.
Old 04-02-03, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Heat
My interpretation of the money shot was that they were just in awe of how much there was (this was my impression both times I watched it).
There was a Money Shot in this episode? Damn, I knew FX was loose, but...

(Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Did anyboy else think that Vic, just for a split second when he saw Tavon palm that round, thought "Maybe I should cut this kid in on the score."?
Old 04-02-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was the balls - totally! I'm in constant awe of this show. My thoughts:

The Armenian's shooting their own: I too saw the guy pull someone aside and take money out of his pocket and shot him/them. It appeared as though they got caught skimming.

Julien/Dani - I'm hoping that Dani will hear about what happened to Julien and try to help solve that. I think Vic will also work on a plan to get Dani back on the force. I'm hoping Julien makes it because he's a good character.

Strike Team ending scene - the song was great and I liked it a lot. It looked like, at first, that everyone might have been in shock over the amount of money there and maybe even thinking it's not enough. But Vic did start off smiling and then got more somber as he looked at the money. Maybe there is something wrong with it? Would the Armenian have shot one of his own over funny money?

Heat - that's what I got from it too. That they told him they would plant the money so everyone would think that he helped them and he need to get out of the hospital and out of town.
Old 04-03-03, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally caught up and saw this episode.

Love this show

Cletus Van Damme

Nine months until season 3
Old 04-03-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am with those who think that it is just the sheer enormity of the money that they have stolen was the reason for the awe, and the fact that they will have to watch their backs for the rest of their lives.

I was also thinking about counterfeit money at first, but if it was, why would the Armenians continue to go about their business after one of their men was shot, if they knew that it was counterfeit? Also, Vic and Shane took some of the money to the Armenian's apartment, so they would have likely spotted the fake money then as well.

Interesting turn with Dani getting fired. I would imagine that she will be back in one way or another next season. As for Julian, I am interested to see how much damage was done to him.

Claudette as captain will be very interesting for the whole Strike Team...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.