DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Character on Buffy to make jump to Angel next year (link inside) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/283047-character-buffy-make-jump-angel-next-year-link-inside.html)

Dr. DVD 04-01-03 04:41 PM

Buffy's Spike to make jump to Angel next year (link inside)

Okay this is just a fan report, but it seems interesting. I do not think it is something that WILL happen as much as something that could happen should Angel get renewed.

http://www.forums4fans.com/ultimateb...&f=51&t=000343

Chew 04-02-03 06:29 AM

Re: Buffy's Spike to make jump to Angel next year (link inside)

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
...should Angel get renewed.
There's the kicker right there.

Is Angel the show big enough for two vampires with souls? Would be pretty interesting.

lisadoris 04-02-03 07:16 AM

I saw Marster's at the con over the weekend and he presented it as an almost done deal. Of course if Angel gets cancelled the point is moot isn't it.

renaldow 04-02-03 08:05 AM

So, obviously he's not dying in the Buffy finale....

Chew 04-02-03 08:07 AM

Originally posted by renaldow
So, obviously he's not dying in the Buffy finale....
Well, Buffy has died twice now. So, does anybody ever really die on TV shows? :)

Doughboy 04-02-03 11:04 AM

Is Angel the show big enough for two vampires with souls?
Of course, we're assuming Angel remains a vampire. At some point in the near future(if the prophecy from Season 1 was correct), Angel is supposed to turn human. Either that or he'll die if Wes translated it wrong.

Jlbkwrm 04-02-03 03:51 PM

ARGH.

Out of all the Buffy cast, Spike is the one I least wanted to move to Angel (and this is including Dawn). And the one I most wanted to die before the end of the show.

Gah.

Jimmy James 04-02-03 04:28 PM

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be shocked if this was deliberate misinformation designed to make the end of Buffy more shocking in some way...

spainlinx0 04-02-03 06:18 PM

I hope so because spoilers in a title are really frustrating.

Breakfast with Girls 04-02-03 06:26 PM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
I hope so because spoilers in a title are really frustrating.
I reported it to the moderators.

dolphinboy 04-02-03 07:28 PM

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
I reported it to the moderators.
-ohbfrank-

Static Cling 04-02-03 09:49 PM

Originally posted by dolphinboy
-ohbfrank-
Something the matter?

Rogue588 04-02-03 09:55 PM

*Sigh*

Thanks for the thread title change Static, but it's too late..it's already burned into my conciousness. I scrolled some and tried to read as little as possible and I noticed Dr. DVD started with the disclaimer that it was a "fan report"...so hopefully it's a Spike fan's wet dream and not fact..

You'd think some would learn by now..[Or at least read the Spoiler FAQ...]

Dr. DVD 04-03-03 12:32 AM

Look, this doesn't have anything to do with plots, just casting, and it's a big rumor at that. You people need to quit thinking of every single little thing regarding future eps. as spoilers.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if someone griped about a thread entitled "Buffy Finale to have a fart joke" as being spoiler material.

Canis Firebrand 04-03-03 06:57 AM

After seeing Willow on the past Angel, I'd love to see Willow make the move to Angel. :)

Breakfast with Girls 04-03-03 08:25 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Look, this doesn't have anything to do with plots, just casting, and it's a big rumor at that. You people need to quit thinking of every single little thing regarding future eps. as spoilers.
That's because things regarding future eps. are defined as spoilers. Plot points AND casting. Instead of getting all bent out of shape, just take a few seconds next time you start a thread.

renaldow 04-03-03 08:46 AM

Originally posted by Vryce
After seeing Willow on the past Angel, I'd love to see Willow make the move to Angel. :)
That wouldn't be a bad idea, and not out of the realm of possibility. Although, I really wouldn't want Angel to become a dumping ground of Buffy cast members that survive the finale, that would be kind of lame.

Morf 04-03-03 09:41 AM

Originally posted by Doughboy
Of course, we're assuming Angel remains a vampire. At some point in the near future(if the prophecy from Season 1 was correct), Angel is supposed to turn human. Either that or he'll die if Wes translated it wrong.
If I remember right, it didn't mention Angel by name. It only mentioned a vampire with a soul. Now there are 2 of them. What if Spike turns human, and starts to revert to his geeky, poet personality?

renaldow 04-03-03 09:49 AM

Then at least Wesley would have a new friend.

Cibo Matto 04-04-03 12:29 AM

hmmm..angel personally didn't do anything for me...I still think a new slayer should take on the role..and maybe have new characters and what not..start a whole new thing. I just dread the last episode..like all my favs..its hard letting go....