Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 3/25/03

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-03, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wendersfan
To me, the fact Spike consciously tried to make himself "worthy" counts a lot more than Angel being given back his soul against his will.
But it can't work both ways. If Spike gets credit for what he did pre-soul (deciding to get a soul), he also has to shoulder the blame for what he did pre-soul (hundreds of murders, trying to rape Buffy). If Spike-with-Soul should be treated as an entirely seperate entity, then he doesn't get credit or blame. Both of those would go to NoSoulSpike, who no longer exists.

Originally posted by tasha99
On the last Angel,
Spoiler:
Angel made it clear he didn't think he was responsible for what Angelus did. So maybe Spike just figured that out faster.
Serious question: What happened? I can't remember that at all, and now it's going to bug me until I find out what happened. Angel has always seperated himself from Angelus, but he's also always had guilt. He may have known he couldn't control what Angelus did, but since Angelus is a part of him, he feels responsible.
Old 03-28-03, 04:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Just got around to watching this ep, thought it was ok.

Dru's reaction to Spike wanting to bring his mother along was funny.

Not enough Andrew and Anya.
Old 03-28-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 345 Likes on 226 Posts
Originally posted by Jlbkwrm

Serious question: What happened? I can't remember that at all, and now it's going to bug me until I find out what happened. Angel has always seperated himself from Angelus, but he's also always had guilt. He may have known he couldn't control what Angelus did, but since Angelus is a part of him, he feels responsible.
Spoiler:
You know, I feel pretty stupid now, but I think he said he didn't feel guilty because Angelus didn't really do anything (he didn't kill Lilah--just the beast and some vampires.) I don't know--I watched it at 3 am and have already deleted it on my Tivo, so I might be wrong. I'm sure someone will set me straight if I am.
Old 03-28-03, 10:50 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but didn't Buffy say to Giles that knowing what she knows now she would be willing to sacrifice Dawn if it meant saving the world? Combine this with Dawn's message from Joyce earlier in the season: "When the time comes, Buffy won't choose you" and it looks like Dawn won't be around for any spin-offs.
Old 03-29-03, 12:21 AM

Originally posted by CTGuyInTX
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but didn't Buffy say to Giles that knowing what she knows now she would be willing to sacrifice Dawn if it meant saving the world? Combine this with Dawn's message from Joyce earlier in the season: "When the time comes, Buffy won't choose you" and it looks like Dawn won't be around for any spin-offs.
But wasn't Joyce just the First. I know Willow was talking to the First in that episode. I haven't seen the episode in a while, but the conversation with Joyce involved a lot of wind and objects blowing around, which doesn't seem like something the First can do.
Old 03-29-03, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Brian_92gsr
But wasn't Joyce just the First. I know Willow was talking to the First in that episode. I haven't seen the episode in a while, but the conversation with Joyce involved a lot of wind and objects blowing around, which doesn't seem like something the First can do.
I don't know... remember, Joyce was being attacked by something evil-looking.

Although it could be possible that the evil-looking thing was actually good, or it could be possible that the thing and Joyce were both evil
Old 03-29-03, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
My thinking for the last episode is this...

Spoiler:
I think that Faith will be the one who gives her life. If you follow the comic book Fray, which is written by Joss Whedon, then it speaks of how the slayer gave her life to stop a war. Many people interpret this as Buffy dying, but the truth is Faith is the REAL slayer, at least as far as the rules go. Then again, that would rely on Joss Whedon keeping with his continuity, and that seldom happens.

Also, does anyone else foresee Faith maybe pulling a little rank on Buffy when she gets to Sunnydale? Buffy is letting her judgment get clouded, and Faith is the real slayer as far as storylines go.
Old 03-29-03, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
My thinking for the last episode is this...

Spoiler:
I think that Faith will be the one who gives her life. If you follow the comic book Fray, which is written by Joss Whedon, then it speaks of how the slayer gave her life to stop a war. Many people interpret this as Buffy dying, but the truth is Faith is the REAL slayer, at least as far as the rules go. Then again, that would rely on Joss Whedon keeping with his continuity, and that seldom happens.

Also, does anyone else foresee Faith maybe pulling a little rank on Buffy when she gets to Sunnydale? Buffy is letting her judgment get clouded, and Faith is the real slayer as far as storylines go.
Well the way Buffy has been acting lately, she (Buffy) feels that she is THE slayer. Faith returning will only cause a small rift in the group of potentials who will look at Faith as the substitute teacher. All in all this should make for an itneresting build up.
Old 03-29-03, 11:46 PM

I personally enjoyed this episode a lot more than most this season; no whiny children getting on my nerves.

Angel feels guilt over his past murders. Spike doesn't. That's a world of difference to me. Angel is actively seeking redemption. Spike wants it on a silver platter, and the soul is his excuse. He doesn't even claim to be a different person, now. Just that he doesn't do it anymore, on account of the soul, so all should be forgiven. Angel never would have told Wood, "I killed a lot of people's mothers."

I don't recall Spike ever saying or suggesting he wanted redemption or forgiveness; the way i remember it, he wanted Buffy and he thought he needed a soul to get her. It was never about making amends, simply a means to an end.

He was temporarily driven mad by The First, but once he became himself he wasn't racked with guilt. I personally prefer it this way because this way he isn't just an Angel clone. I see it like this, a soul makes it so that one is able to be good, but doesn't necesarily mean that they will be since people with souls can be just as evil. Spike is skirting the line between good and evil and is doing it of his own free will and i personally enjoy it.

That's one thing i don't really get about the Angelus/Angel thing in recent episodes (i've missed some of them so i could be wrong), how come Angel and Angelus have different memories now?
Old 03-30-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Mourn
I personally enjoyed this episode a lot more than most this season; no whiny children getting on my nerves.

I don't recall Spike ever saying or suggesting he wanted redemption or forgiveness; the way i remember it, he wanted Buffy and he thought he needed a soul to get her. It was never about making amends, simply a means to an end.

He was temporarily driven mad by The First, but once he became himself he wasn't racked with guilt. I personally prefer it this way because this way he isn't just an Angel clone. I see it like this, a soul makes it so that one is able to be good, but doesn't necesarily mean that they will be since people with souls can be just as evil. Spike is skirting the line between good and evil and is doing it of his own free will and i personally enjoy it.

That's one thing i don't really get about the Angelus/Angel thing in recent episodes (i've missed some of them so i could be wrong), how come Angel and Angelus have different memories now?
I dont think Angelus has different memories, I think its just that he sees things differently than Angel. Yes Spike was driven mad by the first, but if you recall his chest was scarred because he tried to tear his heart out due to the guilt he was experiencing (least thats how I see it). After Buffy rescued him he was lacking the edge he had when he was evil. He has his edge again, but I think he does feel guilt, just because he isnt brooding every waking moment doesnt mean he isnt feeling bad.