DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs - 3/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/279991-scrubs-3-20-a.html)

B.A. 03-20-03 08:42 PM

Scrubs - 3/20

I liked tonight's episode a lot (as usual). Amy Smart was the guest-star (don't tell my wife, but I love her, too). I think she did an excellent job, particularly during J.D.'s hilarious dream sequences. The ep also focused on Dr. Cox, Turk/Carla and Elliot's relationship problems and how lonely J.D. is at present. His rant towards all four in the cafeteria was great, too. Another excellent mix of comedy and drama, particularly towards the end.

"Can you blow chunks whenever you want to?...Hell, yeah!"

Boot 03-20-03 09:40 PM

How did you get to see Scrubs? My networks were showing constant war coverage.

B.A. 03-20-03 10:05 PM

Originally posted by Boot
How did you get to see Scrubs? My networks were showing constant war coverage.
I didn't think it would be on either, but I was flipping back and forth from the basketball games on CBS to NBC and to my surprise the St. Louis station was airing it. Made me happy. :) Hopefully not too many of you missed it - good ep.

Kal-El 03-20-03 10:39 PM

*****!!!! I didn't set my VCR cuz I thought GMM was the only new ep tonight! I'm watching right now but I missed the first part...Argh!!

atari2600 03-20-03 10:59 PM

this is such a great show. one of the few that actually make me laugh outloud. i think its more the casting than the show and its premise. they are friggin helarious.

the opening scene with the dog was awesome! i love how he said "f'shizzle" so calmly as if he always does.

The Antipodean 03-20-03 11:04 PM

Hilarious episode tonight. I love how they combine physical comedy with such great writing. My favorite sitcom on TV right now.

MrX 03-20-03 11:40 PM

Crap I missed this. I turned on NBC at 7:30 here in Chicago they were covering those morons blocking off lake shore drive.

bigjim25 03-20-03 11:49 PM

:thumbsup: On here too. I was wondering when that kid would be back on it.

atari2600 03-21-03 12:01 AM

need more janitor!

tanman 03-21-03 02:00 AM

hilarious episode!
Janitor:
"what's a five letter word for a vulnerability in armor"
Jd
"Chink"
"What"
"Chink....Chink....CHINK....CHINK!"
(Janitor steps aside)
Asian Tech:
"I always suspected"

funny funny funny stuff :)

I don't have to feel bad about laughing at that one :)

movieking 03-21-03 04:25 AM

I really liked the episode as well. I agree that we need more of the Janitor, as well as Ted (who made a brief appearance). I don't really like the Elliot/Nurse Paul relationship yet...

Static Cling 03-21-03 05:26 AM

I always smiled at sitcoms, but I never guffawed like I do with Scrubs. Such a good show. Poor Franklin... "I always suspected." :lol:

Gasspasser 03-21-03 07:43 AM

Great episode! As ususal.

Boot 03-21-03 08:30 AM

Well, I was able to catch the late feed. Hilarious episode. Best one in quite some time, which is saying a lot for this awesome show.

I about lost it when JD chucked the biscuit at the janitor's face and said, "I thought you were ready." :lol:

Also, Turk: "Kid, you shut up and shut your mouth now!" :lol:

Boot 03-21-03 08:37 AM

Lassie
Toto
Rin tin tinny tin tin
rotfl

GT3NE1 03-21-03 09:20 AM

Great episode.

I should try going left sometime. :)

Brak55 03-21-03 09:30 AM

I loved the thumbs up from the breast-feeding seven (?) year old.

Professor Frink 03-21-03 11:09 AM

All these posts and no mention yet of the Tasty Coma Wife? :drool:

B.A. 03-21-03 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Professor Frink
All these posts and no mention yet of the Tasty Coma Wife? :drool:
Uh, I mentioned Amy Smart when I started the thread.

She was my inspiration.

Roto 03-21-03 11:48 AM

You want some kibble?

This show always has the best one liners :D

atari2600 03-21-03 01:22 PM

1. is that pissed off doctor the same mike from office space?

2. is elliot the girl from roseanne?

JasonF 03-21-03 01:39 PM

Originally posted by atari2600
1. is that pissed off doctor the same mike from office space?

2. is elliot the girl from roseanne?

Yes and yes. Strangely enough, I was just watching the Rock and noticed that John C. McGinnley (Dr. Cox and the guy from Office Space) plays a marine captain in that film.

OK, that's not very strange. The man is, after all, an actor. I was just surprised to see him in a non-comedic role.

tanman 03-21-03 02:10 PM

the rock? do you mean Platoon.

Dansize 03-21-03 02:14 PM

Originally posted by tanman
the rock? do you mean Platoon.
He was in both. He's a regular feature in most (if not all) Oliver Stone movies (liked his Scrubs-plot reunion with Eric Bagosian (from Talk Radio) a few weeks back) and he was one of the more over-the-top commandos in The Rock.

WiccanPagan 03-21-03 02:28 PM

i don't really like the women on the show. elliot and carla just nerve me. i like cox's female (wife/ex-wife/girlfriend i can't tell), she's quite funny. also loved the appearance by amy smart. she's gorgeous, and did quite well. would like to have her in a recurring role. the only bad thing i saw in this episode: where the hell is the todd?