DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Buffy - "Once More With Feeling" on F/X Thursday 3/20 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/279465-buffy-once-more-feeling-f-x-thursday-3-20-a.html)

ChemDoc 03-19-03 07:56 AM

Buffy - "Once More With Feeling" on F/X Thursday 3/20

FYI:

Joss Whedon's fun attempt at a musical airs on F/X Thursday at 6:00 PM.

I really enjoyed the ep and I think it is the first time it has been shown on F/X and I am not sure if it had ever been rerun at all.

"They got the mustard out!"

-doc

retihsuhnt 03-19-03 10:43 AM

"Once More with Feeling" was aired on F/X after its original airing on UPN last year. The original broadcast was something like seventy (70) minutes and the one presented as an encore on F/X last year and the one to air this week are cropped into fitting the sixty (60) minute episode.

ChemDoc 03-19-03 12:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the original broadcast was longer. I saw the orig broadcast (I think) from a friend's videotape and I never thought about the length.

Do you know what gets cut out? I bought the soundtrack CD and it is what I remember from the video I saw.

I'll have to check it out.

-doc

retihsuhnt 03-19-03 01:39 PM

I actually am not sure about what is cut out from the original run. Im sure other Buffy fans that visit DVDTalk will know, but if I remember right it was a song by Anya or Spike.

The CD would have had all of what was shown originally. I am hopeful that the DVD (of Season 6) will have it in its entirety. The one (1) good reason to own Season 6 (IMHO).

GoVegan 03-19-03 03:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that the Tara/Willow song is cut, which is too bad, considering Amber Benson is one of the few people on the show with a really good voice. I haven't seen the cut version, though, so I'm just going by what I've been told. I'm not sure what else is gone.

Rypro 525 03-19-03 03:49 PM

Here is the stuff cut
"

The episode "Once More With Feeling" originally aired at an extended length that ran over the hour-long format (approx. 8 mins. over) and was edited down to fit an hour long timeslot for each re-airing. The footage cut included the title and overture, Buffy entering the Magic Box and some corresponding dialogue, part of the song "I've Got a Theory", the entire song "What Can't We Face," dialogue when Dawn enters the Magic Box, after the song "Under Your Spell," and before the song "I'll Never Tell," a verse of the song "Let Me Rest in Peace," some footage in Dawn's bedroom, Dawn's dance number with Sweet's minions, the end of the song "Why Don't We Dance Awhile," a verse of "Walk Through the Fire," dialogue when Buffy first encounters Sweet and after the song "Life's a Show," and the song "Where Do We Go From Here" is shorter along with followed dialogue between Spike and Buffy."

ChemDoc 03-20-03 06:22 AM

Thanks for the info.

-doc

Rypro 525 03-20-03 04:21 PM

bumpy bumpy

clemente 03-20-03 08:07 PM

6PM <b>Eastern</b>....ahh that explains why I missed it.

Rypro 525 03-20-03 08:09 PM

7am et tomorrow morning
Discuss the actual episode or answer my questions if anyone at the original thread that I bumped.

TheBigDave 03-21-03 02:04 AM

In case anyone's interested, the Region 2 PAL DVD "Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Once More With Feeling" is going to be released in the UK on April 14th. MSRP is £15.99. According to Bensonsworld it'll be Widescreen. And the DVD case says "Full-Length". Hopefully it'll also have those behind-the-scenes clips.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Patman 03-21-03 09:25 AM

That's pretty pricey for one single episode. I guess I'll just wait for the Season 6 Buffy boxset next year. I'll get back on my VHS copy I made of the original airing last year.

nny 03-21-03 02:26 PM

I didn't watch it on FX, but when shows are in syndication don't they cut out another minute for half-hour shows and 2 minutes out of hour shows? So was there even more cut out of the FX version?

Rypro 525 03-21-03 02:36 PM

Yeah they did but for me at least, it didn't seem wierdly edited or anything like that.