Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

America's Most Talented Kid premier - 3/21 8pm est

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-03, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
America's Most Talented Kid premier - 3/21 8pm est

Anyone else driven insane over those America's Most Talented Kid promos?

I can't stand that little girl shrieking "You're gonna love me."

I'm actually rooting that this show bombs on Friday with a terrible rating, just so that there are no successors. It's strange, I will take American Idol in small doses, but the whole Star Search / Kids Show stuff doesn't do anything for me... I just don't see a lot of depth and drama to an 8 year old's life, and the cute factor just about dropped to zero after the hundredth time hearing that girl round out the 30 second spot.

"To compete as an American Idol you have to be atleast 16 years old... we ask, 'Why wait??'" ----Hmmm... Guess I'm biased since I'm a guy in my 20s, but some of those AI contestants were hot and everyone else was somewhat relatable. It was fun (and PC) watching a teenager get ripped on by judges, but how in the world could you ever have Sisqo laugh and demolish a 3yo's dream. It's practically rigged to guarantee those "awwww" feelings.

At first I thought it was just a one time primetime spot, but this is just the beginning of a series premier. Just seems too little too late to enter the talent show mix.

Btw, Mario Lopez is hosting.. Other celebrities join in as judges.

Maybe Frenchie has a lil sis who'll compete.. hah... Anyway, I might set this to record then watch it if there're any genuine positive reviews. Maybe it will surprise us...

http://www.nbc.com/America's_Most_Talented_Kid
Old 03-18-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If I hear one rendition of "Tomorrow" from Annie, I'm going to smash something.

Honk!