Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Meet my Folks 3/11

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Meet my Folks 3/11

Old 03-12-03, 06:09 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,264
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Meet my Folks 3/11

I am surprised that she even had to pick someone with all of the "cheating that was going on". Especially the guy who made out with the sky diving instructor.
Old 03-12-03, 07:05 AM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,689
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Meet my Folks 3/11

Originally posted by Rypro 525
I am surprised that she even had to pick someone with all of the "cheating that was going on". Especially the guy who made out with the sky diving instructor.
I am surprised that anyone would even consider giving into temptation w/ the sky-diving instructor when the girl looking for the date was smoking hot! The one guy was just a complete tool - I loved it when the other two guys basically said they thought it was a setup and how could he not notice? What a dumbass
Old 03-12-03, 02:18 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,264
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am also surprised that the girl was in tears after she found out through the roommate that he would give "handme downs" to him, when all of the other stuff was much worse. Since I was too caught up in Natural born killers (action max I think), who won?
Old 03-12-03, 02:31 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Hero
 
B.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: East County
Posts: 33,689
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Tommy, the one who slept w/ his best friends girlfriend while the friend was banging on the bedroom door. The father through out the lie-detector tests for Tommy and Adam after they both did so bad on them. He then asked them "man to man, eye to eye" if they had his daughter's best interests at heart and if they honestly cared for his daughter. He believed Tommy more. I thought it was pretty funny actually.
Old 03-12-03, 02:50 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
I am also surprised that the girl was in tears after she found out through the roommate that he would give "handme downs" to him, when all of the other stuff was much worse. Since I was too caught up in Natural born killers (action max I think), who won?
yeah, I found this part a bit strange as well.
This is after she fell for him hook/line/sinker and he denied this as well.
Even though he denied it, I think a better explanation would have been, his roomate, just happened to date one of his ex-girlfriends WAY AFTER they broke up.
no big deal, I could see it happening in the world every once in a while. Then he could come out looking fine.

The other guys "bad issues", didn't even have answers.

Yet this girl gets all broken up over the one that was least offensive of the three.
Old 03-13-03, 11:46 AM
  #6  
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Leandro , CA
Posts: 1,636
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had never seen this show and was flipping through the channels and this was on.
geez. Were these people for real?

What type of parents would let these boys into their house and to date and suck face with their daughter and on TV for that matter and are there guys really this stupid? The way they play girls and cheat and are dishonest?

These people were all pathetic.
Old 03-13-03, 02:24 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,264
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
I had never seen this show and was flipping through the channels and this was on.
geez. Were these people for real?

What type of parents would let these boys into their house and to date and suck face with their daughter and on TV for that matter and are there guys really this stupid? The way they play girls and cheat and are dishonest?

These people were all pathetic.
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Meet_My_Folks/apply.shtml
You gotta sign up.
Also I think nbc picks the guys/gals so they have never met before I am guessing. Thats why you see that shocked look on the parents and the dates faces, they don't know their past.

Last edited by Rypro 525; 03-13-03 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-13-03, 02:27 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 8,467
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They just need to start showing Meet My Kids.

Much better confrontations.

That dude that she picked was the best one, so I am fine with that.

Being with me would be better.
Old 03-13-03, 02:55 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hero
Thread Starter
 
Rypro 525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: a frikin hellhole
Posts: 28,264
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by conscience
They just need to start showing Meet My Kids.

Much better confrontations.

That dude that she picked was the best one, so I am fine with that.

Being with me would be better.
I think an episode similar actually aired, where three sons picked the man that there mom would go out on.
Old 03-14-03, 02:15 PM
  #10  
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched ths the other night too and I thought it was just moronic.
I cant wait till this reality trend ends.
Old 03-14-03, 09:22 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Posts: 8,467
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
I think an episode similar actually aired, where three sons picked the man that there mom would go out on.


Um. That is why I said that.

I wouldn't just make it up.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.