TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield 3/11/03

Old 03-11-03, 11:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

The Shield 3/11/03

Good ep. I figured Gilroy was setting them up. The whole going to the bar scene gave it away.

I wonder if that's the end of Lanie now the chief killed her plans to destroy Vic. Anyone else think it was
Spoiler:
Claudette
who gave her notes to the paper.

Does the new strike team member make it through the season? I think their's only 3 episodes left.
Old 03-11-03, 11:51 PM
Cool New Member

great eps. Yea, the bar scene gave it away, but Vic letting Gilroy hire his own hitman was classic. You would assume that Lanie is gone now b/c of her failed shot at taking down Vic, but i wouldnt be too sure. I cant beleive there are STILL 3 shows left. I wont be mad when this season ends b/c they have given me so much great tv i can wait for the next season. I wonder if they end the season with the money train or Acevada winning (losing?) the city council race.
Old 03-12-03, 12:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ericb21
but Vic letting Gilroy hire his own hitman was classic.
That was funny. I loved it when he gave the code to Shane
Old 03-12-03, 02:13 AM

Three episodes left?

Another good episode I wonder if we have seen the last of Gilroy only time will tell. Claudette better watch herself if she pushes Vic too far she will be done for I also like how Lanie's plan backfired and how the Chief dismissed her from the meeting the look on her face was priceless.
Old 03-12-03, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

"But Shane will..."

I wonder how where they're going to take the thing with Danny. I figure either she goes down the Claudette road or they have to somehow get someone else to take the fall for the knife.

I'd prefer the latter, but I can't imagine how they'd possibly set up someone nor who they'd set up.

Last edited by Jeremy517; 03-12-03 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-12-03, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another great episode!!!
Old 03-12-03, 08:07 AM

It's kinda sad to see the ex-assistant chief brought down to a crying drunk, but I guess that was the point.

It'll be interesting to see how far they involve the new guy, and according to the promo
Spoiler:
Ronny's back next week
so who knows how it will go.

Can't believe there's only 3 episodes left. Wonder if they'll do a 2-part finale again?
Old 03-12-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show always has me wanting more I love the action and the storylines it is not always the most beleivable but I think it is one of the most entertaining shows out there.

One prob how could they be so stupid to not think the Gilroy was in on it especially when the couldn't find anything on the news or no APB on him? That is my only bone to pick (this week).
Old 03-12-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by teddydogg
One prob how could they be so stupid to not think the Gilroy was in on it especially when the couldn't find anything on the news or no APB on him? That is my only bone to pick (this week).
Uh...at first they didn't see anything on the news (but that would only get out if someone LET it get out.) Once they found out there was no official info out, they went back to the apartment and put two and two together.

Remember, it was only a few hours total.
Old 03-12-03, 12:50 PM

I wasn't too happy with the last couple of episodes, but I thought this one was right on track.

There's a category at the Emmy's for "Best Guest Appearance" isn't there? If so, I hope they remember John Diehl for this episode. Some great work there.
Old 03-12-03, 01:00 PM

My Dad has been telling me about this show for the last year or so, but I've never really had any interest in it. Last night I decided I'd give it a shot. I'm glad I did!

I'm already considering ordering the first season on DVD.
Old 03-12-03, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was another great episode.

I don't trust the new guy on the strike team. I think he's a plant. When he started beating on that guy in the interrogation room it seemed like he was trying to "prove" how "bad" and "on the edge" he was to get the strike team to trust him.

The problem is they can't just kill him, because that much of a coincidence would definitely point to the Mackey and the rest of the strike team. Of course, he might not be a plant, but I'm VERY suspicious of that guy.

Gilroy's message for Vic about getting too greedy could come into play later on. Vic and Shane are getting too greedy with the money train thing, and they could end up getting stung by it. If I was writing the show I would have Mackey decide that there was too much heat on the team, and legitimately bust the Armenians at their money train and get credit for a huge clean bust to take some of the suspicion off of the team.

We'll see what happens, but I'm very pleased with the show. The Shield and Dragnet have been two shows that I've actually been looking forward to each week.

When is season 3 scheduled to begin?
Old 03-12-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Draven
Uh...at first they didn't see anything on the news (but that would only get out if someone LET it get out.) Once they found out there was no official info out, they went back to the apartment and put two and two together.

Remember, it was only a few hours total.
They said at the same time that there were no APB's while Shane was watching the news. I know it was only a few hours but all I am saying is if I could figure it out either the writers did a bad job or Shane And Vic are slow.
Old 03-12-03, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I must admit that I was not too impressed with this episode, Ive kind of gotten fed up with the whole every episode might be Vic's last.
Old 03-12-03, 04:01 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by B5Erik
This was another great episode.

I don't trust the new guy on the strike team. I think he's a plant. When he started beating on that guy in the interrogation room it seemed like he was trying to "prove" how "bad" and "on the edge" he was to get the strike team to trust him.

The problem is they can't just kill him, because that much of a coincidence would definitely point to the Mackey and the rest of the strike team. Of course, he might not be a plant, but I'm VERY suspicious of that guy.

Gilroy's message for Vic about getting too greedy could come into play later on. Vic and Shane are getting too greedy with the money train thing, and they could end up getting stung by it. If I was writing the show I would have Mackey decide that there was too much heat on the team, and legitimately bust the Armenians at their money train and get credit for a huge clean bust to take some of the suspicion off of the team.

We'll see what happens, but I'm very pleased with the show. The Shield and Dragnet have been two shows that I've actually been looking forward to each week.

When is season 3 scheduled to begin?
I had an idea along the same lines, but the new guy is just too obvious, i was thinking Lanie convinces Ronnie to turn on Vic b/c of Armadillo and he taps Vic, it wouldn't be expected and it would give Ronnie an edge he has never had. this isnt a spoiler, just a thought i had, thats all.
Old 03-12-03, 04:03 PM

Originally posted by ericb21
great eps. Yea, the bar scene gave it away, but Vic letting Gilroy hire his own hitman was classic. You would assume that Lanie is gone now b/c of her failed shot at taking down Vic, but i wouldnt be too sure. I cant beleive there are STILL 3 shows left. I wont be mad when this season ends b/c they have given me so much great tv i can wait for the next season. I wonder if they end the season with the money train or Acevada winning (losing?) the city council race.
I will bet that they will end this season with the money train and will hold off on Acevada's election. They just haven't been talking about the election enough to end a season like that. He will have another season and they will probably wrap that season up with the election IMO.
Old 03-12-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Funniest part of the episode was Vic explaining the Gilroy situation to Aceveda and Lainie. He was really playing up the wide-eyed innocence, even though both knew he was totally full of crap. If he'd been wearing a hat, he probably would've been wringing it in his hands as he spoke.

Honk!
Old 03-12-03, 06:19 PM

Will FX replay this episode sometime this week? I missed it.
Old 03-12-03, 06:47 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by sho kosugi
Will FX replay this episode sometime this week? I missed it.
Sunday at 10pm is when they do the replays i beleive.
Old 03-12-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Originally posted by Dacoops3
I will bet that they will end this season with the money train and will hold off on Acevada's election. They just haven't been talking about the election enough to end a season like that. He will have another season and they will probably wrap that season up with the election IMO.
Yep, too far away as well. The money train comes by in like 3 months tops I think, while it's at least 6 months till the election.
Old 03-13-03, 11:25 AM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

What if Tavon isn't a plant? Well he probably is, all signs are pointing to "yes". I thought it was a great episode, seeing the Asst. Chief reduced to a crying blob was intense. Shane has really turned into a cold-blooded killer now.

Question about next week's preview:
Spoiler:
Is it me or did Ronnie's facial bandage look really small compared to the wounds he received from Armadillo?

Time to pick up Season 1 on DVD and eagerly await season 2 so I can re-watch it all!

-BT

edited to put spoiler tags on a question about the preview for next week's episode.

Last edited by BT; 03-13-03 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-13-03, 11:31 AM

Please avoid talking about the previews without using spoiler tags!