DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Interesting story on this seasons new shows (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/277001-interesting-story-seasons-new-shows.html)

MrX 03-09-03 03:12 AM

Interesting story on this seasons new shows

Kristin from E!online put had this. It's a look at the chances of this seasons new shows of another season.
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...3/030307b.html

Already Granted Another Season: The Surreal Life, High School Reunion, Life with Bonnie, Joe Millionaire, 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter, Less Than Perfect.

No Need to Worry: Everwood, Without a Trace, Half and Half and CSI: Miami

Pray for Them: Boomtown, American Dreams, My Big Fat Greek Life, Dragnet, Hack, Star Search, Still Standing.

Flip a Coin: Fastlane, Good Morning, Miami, Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Greetings from Tucson, The Twilight Zone, What I Like About You, John Doe, Kingpin.

Don't Hold Your Breath: Are You Hot?, Mister Sterling, Do Over, Hidden Hills.

Good as Gone: I'm a Celebrity--Get Me Out of Here!, A.U.S.A., Miracles, Veritas, Family Affair, Abby.

This is kind of sad. I don't watch anything from the group that's already coming back.

Without a Trace and CSI:Miami are the only ones from the second group I watch.

I wouldn't be shocked if NBC cancelled Boomtown just very disappointed. I can't believe ABC is going to cancel Dragnet though considering how much they've built it up and it's winning it's timeslot rather easily.

I think the fact that Miracles is in the good as gone category is a shame. ABC never gave this show a chance and killed it when they took it off for their Michael Jackson interview and a repeat of the Bachelorette finale.

turborobb 03-09-03 04:24 AM

How can they re-do Joe Millionaire? Seems like a one time thing to me.

also... I hope ABC brings the Mole back... by far the best and most intelligent reallity show there is.

HistoryProf 03-09-03 01:33 PM

I think the deal with joe millionaire is that they actually taped 2 or 3 of them before the first one aired, just in case it went over well....

das Monkey 03-09-03 01:54 PM

I've already showered ABC with praise for their faith in their new Tuesday line-up. Now it's time for NBC to step up and show some faith in Sunday nights and renew <I>Boomtown</I> and <I>American Dreams</I> as well as <I>Mr. Sterling</I> on Fridays.

For my money, the three biggest surprises this season have been <I>Everwood</I>, <I>American Dreams</I>, and <I>Mr. Sterling</I>. I pretty much expected all three of these shows to suck, and yet they've proved to not only be good new shows but some of the best stuff all season. It's good to see the WB recognizes what they have with <I>Everwood</I>; now it's NBC's turn. Despite their love affair with endlessly extending hasbeen sit-coms, they've stumbled onto some very good dramas. How about you let some stay around a while? And while you're at it, don't go ditching <I>Ed</I> either.

das

Breakfast with Girls 03-09-03 02:00 PM

Boomtown is a great show, but I never seem to be home when it's on.

Deftones 03-09-03 02:09 PM

I hope Boomtown doesn't get screwed. It has most television critics praise. It's a good show, and only gets better as they continue to dive into the characters with more side stories.

csim 03-09-03 02:49 PM

How about the amazing race. Will that show come back. This is the greatest show on TV.

Chad 03-09-03 03:17 PM

Re: Interesting story on this seasons new shows

Originally posted by MrX
Flip a Coin: Fastlane, Good Morning Miami, Cedric the Entertainer Presents, Greetings from Tucson, The Twilight Zone, What I Like About You, John Doe, Kingpin.
Please don't let John Doe get the boot. It's one of the better shows this season, so naturally FOX would give it the Friday night death slot. I swear if Fastlane gets renewed and JD doesn't, I'm gonna go ballistic! Of course, it will probably be replaced by "Who Wants To Marry An American Idol". :mad:

Rypro 525 03-09-03 03:24 PM

I would think that abc will renew Dragnet since Alias is not doing as well ratings wise and that got picked up.

MrX 03-09-03 03:34 PM

Re: Re: Interesting story on this seasons new shows

Originally posted by Chad
I swear if Fastlane gets renewed and JD doesn't, I'm gonna go ballistic!
If they cancel John Doe I don't see how they can not cancel Fastlane since Doe's numbers are better than Fastlane's.

Geofferson 03-09-03 03:48 PM

Too bad Miracles is doing so poorly - though not a surprise.

calhoun07 03-09-03 03:59 PM

Sabrina the thirtysomething Witch isn't on the copping block? I hope it isn't renewed.

And What I Like About You is on "flip a coin??" What is wrong with people! This show is brilliant! Amanda Bynes is the funniest female actress capable of doing variety since Carol Burnett. She should have the highest rated show on Friday night if there was justice in the world!

rocketsauce 03-09-03 04:29 PM

Originally posted by brizz
I think the deal with joe millionaire is that they actually taped 2 or 3 of them before the first one aired, just in case it went over well....

UHHH.....No. They are doing it again, but they said its not going to be the same way as the first one for obvious reasons.

Jobronie 03-09-03 05:22 PM

Anyone know of a good up-dated source for finding out just where all the other prime-time shows stand in regards to cancellation/renewal....?

ten41 03-09-03 05:53 PM

Originally posted by Jobronie
Anyone know of a good up-dated source for finding out just where all the other prime-time shows stand in regards to cancellation/renewal....?

http://www.tvguidelive.com/update/renewals.html

kevin75 03-09-03 05:55 PM

if they cancel ed, i will be majorly pissed off ! :mad:

Red Dog 03-09-03 07:19 PM

If NBC cancels American Dreams and Boomtown while continually sinking millions into a tired and crappy Friends, I'll be really pissed.

I hope Fastlane gets renewed. I think Do Over is probably gone - the WB never gave it a chance which sucks since I think it was the best new comedy.

chowderhead 03-10-03 03:31 AM

I am hoping more people start watching MIRACLES!!! but renewal doesn't look good. Miracles and The Mole are about the only thing I watch on the Alphabet channel. Don't take both of them away!!
ABC looks so late into the reality series though The Mole is a great show. It seems to be coming on with a vengence i.e. The Family, All american girl, etc.

I would be TERRIBLY surprised if CBS does not renew My big fat greek life though I yet to see the show, it is doing VERY well.

BenCJedi 03-10-03 02:36 PM

I swear I read John Doe got the green light for a season 2?!? Where did that info go?

Jobronie 03-10-03 02:43 PM

Originally posted by kevin75
if they cancel ed, i will be majorly pissed off ! :mad:
Isn't Ed being moved to Friday (sorry, I don't watch the show)? That's like the kiss of death.

If it's cancelled, tho, it would make it easier for me to get around town; it's impossible geting to the Post Office when they're filming in town.....

Jobronie 03-10-03 02:50 PM

Thanks!!

One thing there blew me away: Judge Judy will make $25M PER YEAR for the next four years! (and HBO is balking at bumping Gandolfini from 400K per ep to 750K per ep for only 13 eps????????)

Morf 03-10-03 03:02 PM

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked Hidden Hills and Veritas. I'll be (the only one that is) sad if they're gone.

Charlie Goose 03-10-03 04:00 PM

The only show in that entire group I watch is Dragnet. I hope it survives.

I thought My Big Fat Greek Life was such a big hit. Have the ratings disappeared that quickly?

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Iron Chef 03-10-03 04:21 PM

I'm pulling for Dragnet.

apeyard 03-10-03 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
If NBC cancels American Dreams and Boomtown while continually sinking millions into a tired and crappy Friends, I'll be really pissed.

I hope Fastlane gets renewed. I think Do Over is probably gone - the WB never gave it a chance which sucks since I think it was the best new comedy.

Just read this about Boomtown and American Dreams

On NBC, Sunday's standout remains Law & Order: Criminal with a first place 11.8/17 at 9 p.m. -- double its disappointing American Dreams lead-in (5.9/ 8) and 42 percent above lead-out Boomtown (#1: 8.3/13). Without ABC's The Practice in the 10 p.m. mix, Boomtown is now winning the hour -- an obvious notch in the renewal belt for next season.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/c...og_insider.jsp