DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Bullsh_t 3/7 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/276863-bullsh_t-3-7-a.html)

Red Dog 03-08-03 11:33 AM

Bullsh_t 3/7
 
The Feng Shui part was okay. I can't believe people actually buy into this nonsense. $3000 for a visit! WTF. -eek-

The bottled water segment was fantastic. I went through the bottled water phase a few years ago and basically came to the conclusion..."what am I thinking??!!" I use Brita filters for my tap water - I think they do something to improve the water but who knows. Still spending $6 or so for a Brita filter every 2 months is nothing compared to the bottled water buyers.

In fact, I was at The Capital Grille in DC last night and the waiter asked if we wanted bottled water or tap. Without hesitation, I said tap. I was so proud of myself afterwards when I saw this segment.

movielib 03-08-03 02:16 PM

I thought this was a good one. I much enjoyed both segments.

This is without a doubt the funniest show on TV and a person can even learn something if they're willing. Perhaps my wife will stop buying bottled water now.:)

Next week: Creation/Evolution. A biggie. P & T have guts. Kudos to Showtime for airing this program.

McHawkson 03-08-03 08:49 PM

Funny... I could detect the difference between tap water and bottle.

Duckie 03-09-03 12:11 AM

Re: Bullsh_t 3/7
 

Originally posted by Red Dog
In fact, I was at The Capital Grille in DC last night and the waiter asked if we wanted bottled water or tap. Without hesitation, I said tap. I was so proud of myself afterwards when I saw this segment.
DC tap water? You must be joking. If you lived in New York I might understand, but that stuff in DC is brown and filled with visible 'stuff' floating in it. It's only gotten worse over the years. You're a braver man than I!

das Monkey 03-09-03 11:13 AM

I liked the bottled water thing but certainly don't buy into the belief that some tap water doesn't taste like ****. In my office building, the tap water is just nasty. It's amazing what a simple PUR or Brita filter will do.

das

movielib 03-09-03 04:18 PM


Originally posted by das Monkey
I liked the bottled water thing but certainly don't buy into the belief that some tap water doesn't taste like ****. In my office building, the tap water is just nasty. It's amazing what a simple PUR or Brita filter will do.

das

I have to agree. In some municipalities, the water is horrible. In my travels, I remember Jacksonville, FL and Reston, VA making me gag (that was a long time ago). It's also vile coming from the well at my sister-in-law's house..

IIRC, Penn did qualify his statement about tap water with a "most."

big whoppa 03-09-03 07:11 PM

Although I like the show for the most part, it is annoying how one-sided it can be. It's obvious what agenda P&T are pushing which is to say anything they cover is ********. You can always find some "expert" to agree with your agenda.

movielib 03-09-03 10:11 PM


Originally posted by big whoppa
Although I like the show for the most part, it is annoying how one-sided it can be. It's obvious what agenda P&T are pushing which is to say anything they cover is ********. You can always find some "expert" to agree with your agenda.
Do you not notice they give the purveyers of the "BS" more time by far than any of the critics? These people mostly hang themselves.

In any event, I find it more than refreshing as almost all of what we see on TV regarding this kind of stuff is totally one-sided in the other direction. I'm not talking about fiction such as the X-Files or Buffy which I much enjoy myself but crap like John Edward, the Alien Autopsy, shows claiming the moon landing was faked, shows pushing Uri Geller or the latest psychic du jour and numerous other paranormal, occult and pseudoscientific junk.

The obvious objections to shows taking the P&T point of view are that they would be boring and that skepticism (about this stuff) doesn't sell. P&T have found a way to "sell" it. They deserve great thanks and respect, IMHO.

CharlesC 03-10-03 10:02 AM

Okay show.

Can't wait for evolution. They should do that one over 2 or 3 episodes.

Nothing tops "Snails on the Face" yet though.

Numanoid 03-10-03 10:24 AM

Unfortunately, I can predict that the Creation/Evolution show is going to fall into the same old arguments, and they'll showcase a bunch of redneck Bible thumping fundamentalists who just won't accept anything that is "against the Bible". I happen to believe that Science and the Bible go hand-in-hand and support each other and can make a compelling argument for it, but I doubt they'll have anyone like that on the show. Maybe they will, and I'll be pleasently surprised.

adamblast 03-10-03 12:06 PM

I haven't seen the show yet -- no pay-cable -- but I'm drooling over it...

The fact that some folks think it's horribly biased and unfair makes me smile. It's payback-time, baby! Equal Time is for wusses! :D

adamblast 03-10-03 12:09 PM


Originally posted by Numanoid
I happen to believe that Science and the Bible go hand-in-hand and support each other and can make a compelling argument for it, but I doubt they'll have anyone like that on the show. Maybe they will, and I'll be pleasently surprised.
I hope they do too... And then I hope they eat him alive... :D

Evolution-apologist Creationists are much more fun to debate than Evolution-dismissing Creationists... But if the topic is actually Creation VS. Evolution, then the two sides are already fairly well-defined, and I doubt you'll be seeing someone trying to defend both simultaneously...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.