DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt (cbs 3/9/03 tv movie) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/276760-return-batcave-misadventures-adam-burt-cbs-3-9-03-tv-movie.html)

Rypro 525 03-07-03 07:09 PM

Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt (cbs 3/9/03 tv movie)

Holy campy movies batman

Return to the Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam and Burt
120 min.
Adam West and Burt Ward, TV's Batman and Robin, play themselves in this 2003 TV-comedy salute to the 1966-68 series.
The actors join forces to help find the original Batmobile after it's stolen, reliving the making of the classic show as they search for clues. Flashbacks (with Jack Brewer as West and Jason Marsden as Ward) recall how the stars won their roles, and show them interacting offscreen with the famous actors who played “special guest villains” and sharing tales of off-screen hanky-panky involving female fans. There's also nostalgic fun in cameos by Batman baddies Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether and Frank Gorshin and a clip of Lyle Waggoner in his screen test for the Caped Crusader role.

I might give this a try since I am somewhat of a fan of the original series.

nightwing82 03-08-03 09:44 PM

They have an actress playing young Yvonne Craig and Batgirl in the flashback movie part, wonder why Yvonne Craig herself isn't in the movie?

mikehunt 03-08-03 10:01 PM

this looks so bad
yet my vcr will be set in case I don't get home from work in time

Charlie Goose 03-09-03 01:11 AM

Originally posted by mikehunt
this looks so bad
yet my vcr will be set in case I don't get home from work in time

It looks beyond bad.

And I can't wait!

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Chew 03-09-03 08:19 AM

Yeah, it looks bad. But will hopefully be so bad it's good.

Kinda like the original show was.

mikehunt 03-09-03 02:29 PM

POW

Rypro 525 03-09-03 02:30 PM

And luckuly, I can watch it tonight since Alias is a repeat (but it is the "rebirth" episode so I might catch some of that as well.

Catch 21 03-09-03 03:16 PM

This is must watch TV. This has comedy all over it.

big whoppa 03-09-03 03:38 PM

Bad TV. Looks interesting. ;)

Burt Ward's face ballooned...like Senator Kennedy.

Orbi-Wan Techno 03-09-03 08:35 PM

So far, pretty cheesy. Done in the style of the old Batman series...

I've laughed a few times.

KevinSmithIsGod 03-09-03 09:36 PM

I think its great so far..I havent stopped laughing...

nightwing82 03-09-03 09:55 PM

When Adam and Burt went into the resteraunt and had breakfast, was Lee Meriweather the waitress? Sure sounded like her.

Scorpio 03-09-03 10:15 PM

Good fun. Was one of my favorite shows growing up.

zuffy 03-09-03 10:24 PM

This was so BAD that I still watched.

Charlie Goose 03-09-03 11:03 PM

Originally posted by nightwing82
When Adam and Burt went into the resteraunt and had breakfast, was Lee Meriweather the waitress? Sure sounded like her.
Yep, that was her.
This movie was a lot of fun. I've always gotten the feeling that Adam West really is that crazy though. I would like to have seen more of the story of the original series.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk

Chew 03-10-03 06:01 AM

Well, I think I ended up being right: so bad it was good.

I have to agree: would of been nice to have more flashbacks. Needed more of the bad guys, especially more Joker.

For Angel fans: was that "Fred" playing Burt Ward's wife? Sometimes I thought for sure, but some straight on shots didn't look quite right.

Adam Tyner 03-10-03 06:40 AM

Chew: Yes, that was Amy Acker.

Patman 03-10-03 08:17 AM

In between commercial breaks for Dragnet, I'd flip over to this wreck (both with broadcast in HDTV) and was pretty unimpressed by this "movie". After the whole "we need to shrink Burt Ward's groinal region" segment, I didn't feel the need to switch back to it during the next Dragnet commercial break.

I did find it funny that Cesar Romero did not shave his moustache when he was getting face all white, with reddish lips. I noticed this as a kid watching the show, but didn't much of it until last night.

das Monkey 03-10-03 08:41 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth nightwing82 •<HR SIZE=1>was Lee Meriweather the waitress? Sure sounded like her. <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

[Off Topic Weirdness] About a year and a half ago I was in Vegas on the Star Trek: The Experience ride and sat bewteen none other than Mark Goddard and Lee Meriweather. Talk about odd, made moreso by the fact that the Shuttlecraft in the ride was also called Goddard. No, this wasn't a drug-induced B-star hallucination; it really happened. [/OT]

das

Wizdar 03-10-03 10:18 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
No, this wasn't a drug-induced B-star hallucination
Uh huh. Was this the same “trip” where the infamous (and still urban legend) Monkey Arm made its debut?

:lol: ;)

I’m ashamed to admit that I missed this one. I’ve always been a fan of the show. But, it’ll give me something to look forward to during rerun season.

Khalid 03-10-03 10:35 AM

I totally dug the old shows so I had a decent time watching this one. I know it was bad but it was nostalgic and I laughed much more than I thought I would.

It was great to Adam West and Burt Ward ham it up and see some of the backstories.

Chew 03-10-03 11:22 AM

Originally posted by Khalid
It was great to Adam West and Burt Ward ham it up and see some of the backstories.
Kinda looked like Burt swallowed a ham in addition to hamming it up.

nightwing82 03-10-03 11:31 AM

Did anyone think that the actor playing West looked and sounded more like Lyle Waggoner than Adam West?

sho kosugi 03-10-03 01:05 PM

I'm a fan of the series so I enjoyed the flashbacks (I've also read West's book of similar or same title which is a fun read , if you're into that). I basically ff'ed through the modern day story. Yeah I also thought the dude playing young West seemed off, maybe it was his build : )

I wished they included more from Adam's book, such as when Bruce Lee scared the s*** out of Burt Ward on the set by acting like he was really pissed and rabbit puching centimeters from Burt's face.

Steve Phillips 03-10-03 05:51 PM

I loved this. A lot of fun! I watched in HD; but since I don't have D-VHS(and never will) I didn't bother recording.