Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Profiles from the Front Lines - 03/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Profiles from the Front Lines - 03/06

Tonight was the second of six episodes of the documentary, Profiles from the Front Lines. I know a lot of bad crap gets said about Jerry Bruckheimer and some of the stuff his production company distributes, but I have to say that I am really impressed w/ this series they put together. It's excellent.

In tonight's ep they followed around our three favorite special forces sargeants' - Mark, Mike and Drew. These guys are great - they are very well presented on camera and very well spoken, particularly Mark - he's a damn genius hiding behind a bushy beard and a gun. He's like Kojak/Columbo, etc. all roled into a special forces soldier. Drew is the Australian native who married an American, became a citizen and joins the military as a medic. Now he's a spec. forces soldier w/ a nose that can find guns anywhere. Mike is just the big guy who talks up Mark and Drew.

They also followed around a female Army sargeant who is charge of Bagram Air Base's kitchen. She described herself as "the bitch of the kitchen"...Funny lady, who took her job seriously and didn't seem to put up w/ anyone's crap.

The third part of the show followed around a Forward Surgical Team and a flight medic on a hospital transport. They lose a special forces soldier as he is being delivered and they don't even have a chance to save him from his injuries. Very sad and sobering part of the show. They eventually interview the widow and the mother.

This is one of the best shows on right now. It's essentially a six-part documentary and is much better than a lot of crap on tv right now. Recommend for anyone interested in seeing what life is like in Afghanistan. Good show for military buffs, too.
Old 03-07-03, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A thread was started earlier on this episode:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=276459
Old 03-07-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
A thread was started earlier on this episode:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=276459
My bad, I didn't see it (obviously) - would a mod please move it to the first thread? Thanks