Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Meet "The Family" 03/04/03

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-03, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Meet "The Family" 03/04/03

No Thread on this reality show??? - Tuesdays ABC 10pm.
Well I'll start one.
I really like the concept. Having the servants eliminate somone is a great idea.
Everyone is a blur but ... I wish they did not get rid of Robert. He seemed somewhat interesting.
Dawn Marie reminds me STRONGLY of Katie Mills From Mole 2.
Anyway, I hope they have a better way to select people for the elimination then some random auction ... should make for better alliances.

Has great potential. I'll continue to watch.
Old 03-05-03, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thaught this show was pretty funny!..I really enjoyed the social director he was soooo catty!..

I will definitely be watching future episodes..
Old 03-05-03, 07:50 AM
Banned

Re: Meet "The Family" 03/04/03

Originally posted by chowderhead
Dawn Marie reminds me STRONGLY of Katie Mills From Mole 2.
THAT'S IT!!! I knew she reminded me of someone...and it's Katie!!

This looks like a good show...I'm rooting for the outsider Mike, and the Aunt and Uncle need to go!

FS
Old 03-05-03, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In the previews for next week it seems as if Dawn Marie has figured out who the "secret" board of directors is...all she was doing was kissing up to the help..blah, blah, blah

I agree with shanester, the social director was a trip.."he actually refolded his napkin and put it back in the holder"...apparently this is the mother of all sins for this guy...
Old 03-05-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Cheddarmuff
In the previews for next week it seems as if Dawn Marie has figured out who the "secret" board of directors is...all she was doing was kissing up to the help..blah, blah, blah
Did you catch her speaking in the kitchen on Thai (she pronounced it as 'thigh') food? Too funny. I actually enjoyed it except that if you lose you should not be able to come back in (at least that's my opinion for now) but I love that they can stay in the house.

The bald guy, is that Mike?, is the one I'm rooting for right now. And that mother/father/son team (especially the mother) are annoying as hell.
Old 03-05-03, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

just got done watching this.
GREAT EPISODE. Looks like a really interesting show.
Can't believe they didn't promote it more.

I'm rooting for Mike, just because it's obvious he is the underdog.
I hope the family doesn't get to choose who the two that go before the board are EVERY week like they did tonight.
I hope it's "true competition" for some of the time atleast.

It's kinda like the Mole, in the sense it really is a smarter game than you would ever imagine, the more you look at it.
Like in the auctions, yes it took out of the pot, they thought, but if you were one of the top two (with atleast two paintings left), wouoldn't you team up with the other top guy at the time, and just high bid the last two, to $5k more than what you are at?!
Especially if otherwise it meant it took you at a 50/50 shot of being out of the running.
Old 03-05-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a bunch of unlikeable dolts. Like everyone on the planet, I'll be rooting for Bald Mike.

Dawn Marie is a mess. How anyone could stand to be around her is beyond me. "Thigh food" "What is it they use in Thigh Food? Curry?" The world completely revolves around her, and whenever something doesn't go her way, she'll claim that it's because she's "too nice" (bull****) and cry for an hour. It's a shame they don't get kicked out of the house, because we're stuck with her for the show's run.

das
Old 03-06-03, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's something funny about seeing all those New Yawkers bicker over each other in a beautiful mansion..They really are fish out of water..

I agree with Das I like Mike too he's a good guy despite the bald head and tattoos..

He was very respectful towards the staff especially taking the time to go into the kitchen and complete the chef on dinner was a nice touch..