DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Miracles - 3/3 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/275691-miracles-3-3-a.html)

dgmayor 03-03-03 09:51 PM

Miracles - 3/3

Another good episode IMO. Definately filling my X-Files void ;).

The end was quite freaky, and all I can say is it must SUCK to be Paul!

Nathan Gervais 03-03-03 10:03 PM

Hi,
another good episode. You saw X-Files and I saw the hand of David Buffy, Angel Greenwalt all over this thing. European guy with access to lots of paranormal files, shades of Rupert Giles. I really like the way they are setting up the central theme for the show. It seems to be happening naturally and not being force feed down the viewer's throat ala John Doe. Anyway, solid episode with a great ending. I hope this show can make it.

MrX 03-03-03 10:35 PM

I liked it. It thought it was solid through out and I loved the ending.

Draven 03-03-03 11:56 PM

The "Where's Daddy" scene is going to keep me from sleeping tonight.

I mean, could they have found a CREEPIER looking kid?

Kal-El 03-04-03 12:51 AM

Loved it. Creepier and creepier yet doesn't get too goofy. I really hope it stays.

chowderhead 03-04-03 01:16 AM

Fantastic episode. Creepy and nicely paced and well acted. That little girl is CREEPY! :thumbsup:
< whispering >I love this show </ whisphering >
It is getting killed in the ratings but I hope they keep the show. This show has SO much potential.

Anybody else think that Paul Callan's father is
Spoiler:
Father Bellamy played by Hector Elizondo.
??
I think it would make sense.

Buck Turgidson 03-04-03 01:51 AM

Part of this story is true. The fire really happened as outlined here, and there was a mysteriously unclaimed girl about that age. It's a semi-famous story.

I do like this show, more than I expected to.

(But can't Marissa Ramirez go undercover in a strip club or something?)

das Monkey 03-04-03 03:46 AM

For being the same tired old ghost story we've seen a billion times, the execution was pretty good, and that girl was damn creepy. The "Wye" thing was pretty lame, and if I were Paul, I'd tell the spirits that I'm going to ignore them until they are a bit more specific. Why the hell does a spirit waste energy coming back from the dead only to ramble in vagueness? "It wants ..."

Overall, a pretty good creepy level and some interesting build-up so far.

das

Geofferson 03-04-03 07:53 AM

Very solid episode. This show is a nice departure from several of the other shows out there now. Creepy, moody and somber at times. Good drama!

cooper2000 03-04-03 09:37 AM

I enjoyed it as well.
I like the mythology that they are running through it and the little boy at the end was creepy just as the little girl was.
All these creepy little kids.
Hey, even the Titanic lady was there. I kept expecting her to mention that stone she through to the bottom of the ocean.

It's really ashame this isnt doing that great but I saw that coming.