DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Futurama 3/2/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/275379-futurama-3-2-03-a.html)

Tuan Jim 03-02-03 06:21 PM

Futurama 3/2/03

Some good bits but not generally as funny IMO.

"Other side effects -- communication with sea life"
"Hey Zoidberg, get in here."
"Screw you!"

that was just great. Aquaman gets the shaft again ;p

Tuan Jim

silentbob007 03-02-03 07:34 PM

I didn't really think this episode was too funy, either. It seemed really scatter-brained.

UAIOE 03-02-03 09:27 PM

This one wasnt terribly funny.

I like the "Batman" bit though. Fry hits the Yak and then it says "YAK" then Bender gets hit and its got the 0's and 1's.

Other than that it was pretty tame. At least i can watch another episode on at 10pm

tonyc3742 03-02-03 09:57 PM

I haven't been watching it on Fox--then again, when they change the schedule every week, who can...But I recently got satellite with a PVR, and have been recording the eps on Cartoon Sun-Thurs...Anyway, to the point--when/how did Leela find out she had parents? I apparently missed that episode.

I kinda liked bits of tonight's, just because I like scifi and superheroes, but it seemed like sort of a toss-off episode. The Professor seems to be getting crankier in his old age, and when did Hermes become that violent [pick me up a license to kill?]

MrX 03-02-03 10:20 PM

ok episode. A couple of funny lines.

Darren Garrison 03-02-03 10:49 PM

You're pulling me!

Myself, I felt like I was mauled by Jesus just to get a new episode.

FrankGrimes 03-02-03 11:05 PM

I thought it was great.

The mauled by Jesus line was great...

UAIOE 03-03-03 01:43 AM

Originally posted by dtcarson
when/how did Leela find out she had parents?
There was an episode last season or the one before that (hard to tell the way FOX shows things) anyway her and the crew are down in the sewers for some reason and she runs into her parents.

wildcatlh 03-03-03 10:12 AM

I thought it was an okay episode, nothing great. But not bad.

The Cartoon Network episode on last night is probably my favorite Futurama episode ever.

Morf 03-03-03 10:47 AM

I thought this episode was bland. It stank of stale Simpson's jokes.

Gasspasser 03-03-03 12:40 PM

It was nice to see a new epsiode tho, even if it wasnt great.

UAIOE 03-04-03 02:55 AM

Originally posted by Morf
I thought this episode was bland. It stank of stale Simpson's jokes.

It was a Simpsons episode dressed up as a Futurama episode.

Jackskeleton 03-04-03 03:45 AM

It had some moments. like the Ikea spoof where the tools you need is a ranch, a hammer and a bender unit. :p good ol' Ikea. :p

rfduncan 03-04-03 10:27 AM

I have to admit I was howling when the "cabinet" robot that delivered the Pi-kea box turned to leave and his coaster wheel fell off and then his internal shelf fell down. Classic... :thumbsup:

Lampei 03-04-03 12:02 PM

I was wondering if Ikea actually endorsed this episode. I can't imagine that they'd actually want something showing their products breaking and falling apart (even though it was rather funny :D)

Jackskeleton 03-04-03 01:48 PM

Ikea's been a comic gag in matt's history. Remember the Ikea store in the Simpsons Episode were apu has eight childern. :)

SunMonkey 03-04-03 05:54 PM

Originally posted by Gasspasser
It was nice to see a new epsiode tho, even if it wasnt great.
Amen to that. I was starting to worry that the ride was over.