DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Anyone looking foward to Oliver Beene? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/275264-anyone-looking-foward-oliver-beene.html)

JoeyOhhhh 03-02-03 12:56 AM

Anyone looking foward to Oliver Beene?

I caught the commercial for it just a few minutes ago. It looks really funny (the kid walking in on his parents doing the deed gets me rolling).

I searched and hadn't seen anything threads, so I'm wondering if anyone on here has any interest.

MrX 03-02-03 01:20 AM

yeah, it looks funny. It's on between the Simpson's and Alias so I'll be watching it.

the narrator 03-02-03 01:20 AM

looks like it could be good..i'll at least check out the first episode

Pointyskull 03-02-03 08:32 AM

I'll check out the first ep, but I'm sure in the grand Fox tradition all of the good visual gags have already been ruined...........

conscience 03-02-03 08:36 AM

IF the show is as funny as the commercials, I am there.

The son walks in on his parents having sex:

"Oh my god, you're killing each other!"

conscience 03-02-03 08:38 AM

also

the doctor smoking while doing a check up and blowing the smoke in Oliver(?)'s face:

"I don't like that cough."

djones6746 03-02-03 11:10 AM

Definitely worth a look..... :)

Deftones 03-02-03 11:49 AM

The promos for it are hilarious. It also has Grant Shaud from Murphy Brown fame. If he plays that type of whiney character on that show, it'll be funny.

Groucho 03-02-03 11:55 AM

Looks like a bad combination between "The Wonder Years" and "Malcolm in the Middle." I'll pass.

Chad 03-03-03 08:38 PM

(Malcom In The Middle + The Wonder Years) x Andy Richter Controls The Universe = Oliver Beene

Looks like it has potential, I'll check it out. :up:

wb3032 03-03-03 10:16 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
Looks like a bad combination between "The Wonder Years" and "Malcolm in the Middle." I'll pass.
Thats what I am getting from it too.

tigerdave99 03-04-03 05:59 PM

Originally posted by wb3032
Thats what I am getting from it too.
Ditto here. That's what we said at our house as well. We already tagged the first episode for our TiVo to record.

majorjoe23 03-05-03 04:13 PM

I've seen the pilot, and of all the Fox pilots I watched about six months ago, it was one of the few that was passable. The commercials dissapoint me though.

It was better than the Fastlane pilot, I can tell you that.

shanester 03-05-03 07:42 PM

Where have we seen that little kid b4 he looks very familiar..:)

tigerdave99 03-06-03 07:04 PM

From http://www.fox.com/oliver/

GRANT ROSENMEYER
(Oliver on OLIVER BEENE)

A relative newcomer to the entertainment industry, 11-year-old Grant Rosenmeyer recently made his film debut in the critically acclaimed feature "The Royal Tenenbaums." _His portrayal as Ari Tenenbaum earned him a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Performance in a Feature Film (Young Actor Age 10 or Under.) _He recently wrapped production on the feature film "The Hebrew Hammer," an action comedy in which he portrays the young version of Adam Goldberg's character, Mordechai.

Rosenmeyer made his Broadway debut as Macduff's Son in "Macbeth" and went on to portray Gavroche in "Les Miserables." _His regional theater experience includes roles in "Once Upon A Mattress" and "The Great American Musical." _Additionally, he is the young spokesperson for the American Council for the Arts.

CPA-ESQ. 03-07-03 10:54 AM

I'll be there. :)

I hope it's good and they give it a good time slot!

A good Sunday lineup would be :

8pm Simpsons
8:30 Oliver Been
9 Malcom

something's gotta fill that 8:30 - 9 gap

Brain Stew 03-07-03 11:17 AM

Originally posted by tigerdave99
...Grant Rosenmeyer recently made his film debut in the critically acclaimed feature "The Royal Tenenbaums." His portrayal as Ari Tenenbaum earned him a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Performance in a Feature Film (Young Actor Age 10 or Under.)...
:confused:

What exactly did his character do better (or for that matter differently) than Uzi, in order to deserve an award? I mean correct me if I am wrong but weren't they twins?

tigerdave99 03-07-03 12:17 PM

I agree, Brain. Go figure!

Mister Beefhead 03-09-03 07:59 PM

Boy, was that ever awful. CANCELLED.

MrX 03-09-03 08:04 PM

Originally posted by Mister Beefhead
Boy, was that ever awful. CANCELLED.
I agree

Boot 03-09-03 08:08 PM

Pretty bad.

Fielding Mellish 03-09-03 09:24 PM

Man, that kid is a black hole of anti-charisma. Andy Richter got shelved for this?

Bad show. Bad, bad show.

It'll probably pull a 30 share.

The Antipodean 03-09-03 10:35 PM

The incessant promos alone made me want to hurl.

freedexter 03-09-03 10:38 PM

Boring. I'm not feeling the whole "Hey look, it's the twisted version of the 60s!".

The actor playing the older brother looked rather familiar. I checked IMDB, and he's one of those Lawrence brothers...as in "Joey Lawrence", of the awful, awful TV series, "Brotherly Love". That kid sure grew up, and now he resembles a young Simon Rex. Disturbing.

Deftones 03-09-03 10:38 PM

it wasn't that bad. it wasn't great, either.