DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   24: Season 2 - Hour 14 - 2/25/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/274087-24-season-2-hour-14-2-25-03-a.html)

Patman 02-25-03 10:20 AM

24: Season 2 - Hour 14 - 2/25/03

Hour 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.

It's Tuesday, and Kim's done run into a bomb celler with a total stranger in a tighty-whity.

CTU will be looking for the speeding van for the bomb.

Palmer is hopefully going to give Lady MacPalmer the "electric paddles to the head" treatment.

Well, that's about it until tonight. Can it sustain its "The most compelling hour of television" moniker tonight? I'm thinking this will be a slower paced hour.

huzefa 02-25-03 11:08 AM

I hope it's cold in the bunker.

bretski 02-25-03 11:37 AM

Originally posted by huzefa
I hope it's cold in the bunker.
rotfl

Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this.

Blaster1 02-25-03 11:43 AM

It was an alright episode.
Spoiler:
Kate finds Marie at the airforce base and Marie is about to shoot Kate when Jack shoots Marie in the arm. They interrogate her, but she won't tell them anything. Finally she tells them a fake location, but Jack doesn't believe it and thinks the nuke is still on the air field. Jack is driving around the base and he sees a shootout happening with some guys in a white van. They open up the back and find the real nuke and it ends with one of the bomb squad guys saying it could go off any second. The President confronts Sherry and she says she was trying to protect him from Stanton. The President talks to someone that Sherry talked to about it and he confirms her story. The President then gets Sherry kicked out. Kim finds a tv in the bunker and turns it on and finds out that the nuke really didn't go off. The guy didn't find out she did this, because he had headphones on trying to listen for radio stations. She hits him over the head with something and orders the guy to let her out. He says he is just a nice guy and wanted some company, because he was lonely. He gives her a gun and lets her out. Mason quits as the head of CTU and hands it over to Tony.

noir 02-25-03 02:38 PM

Blaster, how are you able to see shows before they air? Curious.

Rypro 525 02-25-03 03:54 PM

Originally posted by Blaster1
Spoiler:
Jack is driving around the base and he sees a shootout happening with some guys in a white van. They open up the back and find the real nuke and it ends with one of the bomb squad guys saying it could go off any second.

Spoiler:
I knew it was in that van, I just knew it

Mantecore 02-25-03 04:47 PM

Cant wait, only a few more hours! YAY!

Static Cling 02-25-03 04:49 PM

Spoiler:
Okay, so they've found the bomb, apparently. There's still ten hours left. Is there ANOTHER bomb somewhere? I would think that the writers would have to up the ante, or at least keep the ante the same for the Next Big Threat.

Rypro 525 02-25-03 04:57 PM

Static
Spoiler:
Maybe they will play the Stanton thing out more longer

and (confirmed for a later episode, so if you don't want to, don't read
Spoiler:
Lynne and Sherry get involved in some kind of cat fight

Simpson Purist 02-25-03 08:59 PM

A real bummer of an episode.

Spoiler:
The only intriguing parts were Mason's departure and the Marie/Kare confrontation. The bunker scene with Kim was a waste of time, I wish that guy was a terrorist.

Deftones 02-25-03 09:15 PM

Ok, I'm not watching this yet until later, but I'm trying to figure out who McRae is. The guy w/ the bomb shelter who helped Kim. Where do I know him from?

Nathan Gervais 02-25-03 09:23 PM

Originally posted by DuffTones
Ok, I'm not watching this yet until later, but I'm trying to figure out who McRae is. The guy w/ the bomb shelter who helped Kim. Where do I know him from?
isn't it Matt Dillon's younger brother, Kevin? Wasn't he is Platoon?

Deftones 02-25-03 09:27 PM

Originally posted by Nathan Gervais
isn't it Matt Dillon's younger brother, Kevin? Wasn't he is Platoon?
yes, it is! after you posted this, i tracked it down on IMDB and sure enough, it is him! Thanks! :)

bdshort 02-25-03 09:29 PM

This episode was a bit of a snoozer...
Spoiler:
the whole bomb shelter thing went nowhere, although Kim now has a gun. I'd imagine that will be important later. The one CTU lady doesnt like the other CTU lady, something is going on there, and I bet it will also be important later. I gotta wonder what they're going to use to fill the rest of the season. The bomb plot must end next week in one way or another. They certainly arent going to show them defusing the bomb for the next 10 hours, or flying it out to sea to detonate. They must have something big planned with the whole Stanton/Sherrie/President Palmer storyline.

Robert 02-25-03 09:44 PM

Originally posted by noir
Blaster, how are you able to see shows before they air? Curious.
One word: Let's not talk about unofficial ways to get these episodes - thanks. - Static

kevin75 02-25-03 09:48 PM

who says that is the bomb or if there is just one? after all, we have been fooled before. i don't think they can ditch the bomb plot yet. maybe with a couple of hours left so they can catch the bad guys, yes, but now i think is too early. kinda a boring episode like everyone said, although i am waiting for the showdown (i hope) between lyne and sherry, and the moment when palmer finds some way to arrest her sorry a@@.

Excelesor 02-25-03 10:47 PM

Deleted.

Deftones 02-25-03 11:13 PM

Kind of sad to see Mason go. Also kind of sad to see Kim not get raped and/or killed by looney Lonnie.

There has to be another bomb. They can't possibly draw out the show for another 10 hours unless they pull a last season and bring out some higher ups like the Drazens.

MrX 02-25-03 11:30 PM

Originally posted by Excelesor
Deleted
:thumbsup:

I liked it. Then again I watched it coming straight from a 3 hour chem lecture so I could have watched Are You Hot? and thought that was great.

:johnwoo: Kim

I thought the Jack stuff was good and I'm sure Mason will pop back in around 3AM or 4 AM.

neiname 02-25-03 11:52 PM

I can't stand the damn previews giving away major plot points from next episode.

Roto 02-26-03 12:11 AM

then why do you watch them? Everyone knows by now not to if you don't want spoilers. I can understand accidentally running across the tv or radio commercial for the show, but not at the end of the episode.

That being said, I don't know why Fox still does this. They are actually starting to get bad publicity over this. I saw something mentioned either one one of those Entertainment Tonight type shows or the local news about 24 viewers complaining about the previews.

I thought this episode was pretty annoying because of all the dumb blondes. Kate chasing after Marie by herself when she knows that Marie killed Reza. She told the guard to tell Jack practically as an afterthought. Then when Marie gets shot in the arm she becomes a huge irritating helpless little wuss. The Kim story we've seen a million times now. I was hoping when she saw the tv that MAYBE she'd get out of the situation by doing something clever instead of just pure dumb luck again. It's not like Lonnie had too much going on upstairs. I think even Kim could outsmart him had she tried.

Excelesor 02-26-03 01:37 AM

After the show ends then change the channel don't stay there waiting so you can see next weeks trailer giving away the whole plot. Plus if your are watching fox then anything related to 24 comes on commercial then change the channel asap. Ive been doing this for months. I kept getting pissed that they were revealing way too much in preveiws and crap. Its really good to, I go into each episode not knowing anything except from waht ive seen from the last weeks and past episode. Everything is a surprise to me. SAY NO TO SPOILERS!! of any kind.

cracksky 02-26-03 02:51 AM

Anyone else think the new chick at CTU has/had some sort of a lesbian atttraction to Tony's new love interest from their previous job together?

Rypro 525 02-26-03 06:08 AM

Next week looks very interesting
Spoiler:
Jack tells kim that he is the one difusing the bomb over the dessert and that he won't be coming back
Anybody else like/notice that they didn't have the beeping clock after Masons departure. Also, anyone think they will show him die or will we just hear about it.

lisadoris 02-26-03 06:22 AM

It wasn't a bang up episode like some of the previous ones but I think it's trying to set the groundwork for the rest of the season (I hope). I also noticed there was no ticking clock after Mason's departure but he's bound to play a larger role toward the end of the season. The intro of the new CTU lady brings up some questions like what's up with her and the other CTU lady (I'm blanking on names right now). You also know we haven't seen the last of Sherry but it was nice to see the pres grow a pair and kick her to the curb. Now if lonnie had actually killed Kim, that would have made it a much better episode!