DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Is Andy Richter Controls The Universe (ARCTU) ever coming back? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/273308-andy-richter-controls-universe-arctu-ever-coming-back.html)

huzefa 02-21-03 10:01 PM

Is Andy Richter Controls The Universe (ARCTU) ever coming back?

What's the news on ARCTU? Are we gonna see more ARCTU ever again?

the narrator 02-21-03 10:20 PM

that's a good question...i'd sue like to know as well

Corky 02-21-03 11:36 PM

I would too.. heard it would return but not a whisper since...

MrX 02-22-03 12:28 AM

Last I heard it was supposed to be back in March

WiccanPagan 02-22-03 12:30 AM

maybe after sweeps i hope. the show is great. i wish it would be picked up for a whole season. great comedy and great eye candy (don't know names but the boyfriend of the girl andy likes is deliscious).

Adam Tyner 02-22-03 08:22 AM

Yeah, March is what I read on TVTome. No idea if that's accurate or not.

Professor Frink 02-24-03 11:02 AM

Since it came back a few months ago, I thought it was doing pretty well in the ratings. I guess it wasn't?

This and Scrubs are the two funniest and most original sitcoms on TV right now. Actually, they're the only non-animated comedies that I watch. Everything else is recycled crap to me.

mrpayroll 03-07-03 11:32 AM

Here's the latest!

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?30443

Richter Takes Role in CBS Pilot
Thu, Mar 6, 2003 02:29 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - It's still possible that FOX will bring "Andy Richter Controls the Universe" back next season. In the meantime, though, its star has taken a role on a CBS pilot.

Richter has joined the cast of "The Lunchbox Chronicles," a comedy about a recently widowed woman adjusting to single motherhood with her two kids. Monica Potter ("Along Came a Spider" ) has the lead role, and Richter will play her friend, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

For Richter, the pilot is in "second position," meaning he would return to the FOX series if it's picked up, regardless of the pilot's status. Should both shows make it to the fall schedule, CBS would recast Richter's role.

"Andy Richter Controls the Universe" is a favorite among critics, it's had trouble attracting an audience this season. It's averaged only about 7 million viewers a week, a significant drop-off from its Sunday night lead-in, "Malcolm in the Middle."

FOX, pulled the show from its February sweeps schedule, still has several completed episodes. No airdate has been set, a network spokesman says.

This would suck! Andy Richter, along with Scrubs, are 2 of the most innovative comedies on tv today!

Chris

WiccanPagan 03-08-03 01:12 AM

weak. i'd rather him get to keep arctu than some new show. :(

rfduncan 03-08-03 06:34 AM

Re: Here's the latest!

Originally posted by mrpayroll
[url]"Andy Richter Controls the Universe" is a favorite among critics, it's had trouble attracting an audience this season. It's averaged only about 7 million viewers a week, a significant drop-off from its Sunday night lead-in, "Malcolm in the Middle."
Gee - I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that it was never consistently shown there except maybe when it was up again The Sopranos and now it is to return up against Six Feet Under. FOX does NOT know how to schedule its shows nor how to maintain any consistency with their schedules. :rolleyes:

Richter should just move on. I think FOX has been yanking his chain for almost two seasons now with this project. Fish or cut bait!

MrN 03-08-03 12:23 PM

Re: Here's the latest!

Originally posted by mrpayroll
a comedy about a recently widowed woman adjusting to single motherhood with her two kids

That sounds so damn bland.

But, I guess Richter's got to look out for the possibility that FOX won't come through for him...