Reload this Page >

Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - Series Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - Series Discussion Thread

Old 11-02-16, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts
Re: Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) - Series Discussion Thread

Maher is doing his Whiny Little Bitch standup special on Facebook Live at 10 p.m. eastern time this evening.

Anyone know if that will go to YouTube or if it will be archived on Facebook for those who can't see it live?
Old 11-02-16, 05:44 PM

Received 4,680 Likes on 3,168 Posts

Aren't all FB Live videos archived?
Old 11-02-16, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 453 Likes on 317 Posts

I don't know for sure, but even if it's not posted on Real Time's youtube page, I'm sure someone will capture it and posted on YT almost immediately.
Old 11-02-16, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be shocked if there's anything interesting that comes out of this interview.
Old 11-03-16, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
I don't know for sure, but even if it's not posted on Real Time's youtube page, I'm sure someone will capture it and posted on YT almost immediately.
It's still on Facebook and bootlegged on YouTube. It's a 45-minute special. I'm a big fan of Maher, but didn't laugh very much during this at all. A few decent moments, but mostly forgettable.
Old 11-03-16, 04:54 PM

Guests for the final show before election, tomorrow, Nov. 4:

Barack Obama (taped interview)
Gov. Jennifer Granholm
Martin Short
David Frum
Old 11-10-16, 04:29 AM

Season finale airs tomorrow night (Nov. 11), this should be interesting considering Trump somehow got elected.

Guests (as of the last show's airing, which could change):

Eric Holder
David Axelrod
Thomas Friedman
Trae Crowder (Liberal Redneck comedian)
Old 11-10-16, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Place bets on whether Bill will be smoking weed on air? Or is that almost a given at this point considering what has gone down this week?
Old 11-10-16, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
Season finale airs tomorrow night (Nov. 11), this should be interesting considering Trump somehow got elected.
Bill Maher and Michael Moore were the only liberal pundits/comedians that took Trump seriously and warned the Democrat voters he could win the election. I think so many liberals are in a bubble where atleast Maher/Moore understood the angry white working class vote was all trending for Trump and that would tip the election. Maher was right that the millenials would not show up for Hillary because they thought they were both bad candidates and he was trying to tell them that Hillary was still the better of the two.
Old 11-10-16, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by mcnabb
Bill Maher and Michael Moore were the only liberal pundits/comedians that took Trump seriously and warned the Democrat voters he could win the election. I think so many liberals are in a bubble where atleast Maher/Moore understood the angry white working class vote was all trending for Trump and that would tip the election. Maher was right that the millenials would not show up for Hillary because they thought they were both bad candidates and he was trying to tell them that Hillary was still the better of the two.
On last week's show he tried three times to say that he was f-in scared. The audience thought he was joking and laughed each time.

FWIW there's no such thing as the "Democrat party" (this is a attempt by many Republicans to rename their opponents) therefore there cannot be "Democrat voters."
Old 11-11-16, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I've seen every episode of this show and Politically Incorrect going back to the Comedy Central days, but I'm actually apprehensive about tomorrow's episode. I don't really want to watch an hour of how badly Trump's going to do as president. The truth is we don't yet know how he's going to do as president. What I do know is I have zero concern he's going to get into a twitter war with someone and launch a nuke (yes, people have made statements like that). My hope is Bill will remember it's an entertainment show, though I may just record it and check for feedback here so I know what to expect going in.
Old 11-11-16, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I know all of this. It is still shocking that it actually happened. Most other Republicans would have beaten Hillary, but Trump winning was just bullshit. You can't say all the garbage he has and not be held accountable.

And yet, here we are.
Old 11-11-16, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
I don't really want to watch an hour of how badly Trump's going to do as president. The truth is we don't yet know how he's going to do as president. What I do know is I have zero concern he's going to get into a twitter war with someone and launch a nuke (yes, people have made statements like that).
Maher used the code words 'Facism' and 'Dictator' last week, so I think he is definitely going down that road this week, as this will be an hour therapy session of shocked liberal panelists and viewers.

Last edited by mcnabb; 11-11-16 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-11-16, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

I think I've seen every episode of this show and Politically Incorrect going back to the Comedy Central days, but I'm actually apprehensive about tomorrow's episode. I don't really want to watch an hour of how badly Trump's going to do as president. The truth is we don't yet know how he's going to do as president. What I do know is I have zero concern he's going to get into a twitter war with someone and launch a nuke (yes, people have made statements like that). My hope is Bill will remember it's an entertainment show, though I may just record it and check for feedback here so I know what to expect going in.
I'd imagine that he will spend more time talking about Democrats and their failures. Sure, there will be some jokes and discussion about how bad Trump is but I don't think Maher is going to be a whiny little bitch about Trump winning. At least I hope so.
Old 11-11-16, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

What I do know is I have zero concern he's going to get into a twitter war with someone and launch a nuke (yes, people have made statements like that).
Trump already made a fool of himself on Twitter today, so I have 100% concern. The guy needs to grow a pair and toughen the fuck up.
Old 11-11-16, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Tonight's season finale is also being live streamed on youtube:

Old 01-20-17, 07:17 AM

Received 4,680 Likes on 3,168 Posts

REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER RETURNS FOR ITS 15TH SEASON JAN. 20, EXCLUSIVELY ON HBO; OSCAR(R) WINNER JANE FONDA IS THE TOP-OF-SHOW INTERVIEW GUEST; KEITH OLBERMANN IS THE MID-SHOW INTERVIEW GUEST; HEATHER MCGHEE, JON MEACHAM AND THOMAS PEREZ ARE THE ROUNDTABLE GUESTS
Old 01-20-17, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Groan
Old 01-20-17, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by JANK
Groan
I have good news for you. Your viewing device has an on/off switch and options to watch dozens and dozens of other channels. Welcome to the 20th century.
Old 01-20-17, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

No surprise this is coming back inauguration day. He desperately needs the material. What an unfunny piece of shit Maher is.
Old 01-20-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 380 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
No surprise this is coming back inauguration day. He desperately needs the material. What an unfunny piece of shit Maher is.
He takes lots of breaks. That's how he works.

He has all the material he needs now that the circus of unqualified "politicians" occupy the executive branch.

He is one of the pundits who isn't afraid to embrace political division. You could point to him as one of the smug Democrats who fueled the opposition and cost Clinton the election. But really, if that's what's to blame, he's just one of 10,000 people out and about doing it (most residing on Twitter).
Old 01-20-17, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts

Not really "exclusively on HBO" when it'll stream live on YouTube and there will be a podcast version too.
Old 01-20-17, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
He takes lots of breaks. That's how he works.

He has all the material he needs now that the circus of unqualified "politicians" occupy the executive branch.

He is one of the pundits who isn't afraid to embrace political division. You could point to him as one of the smug Democrats who fueled the opposition and cost Clinton the election. But really, if that's what's to blame, he's just one of 10,000 people out and about doing it (most residing on Twitter).
I think people give Maher too much credit for stirring controversy. I think he does it because he's an attention whore.

I will say Maher isn't really responsible because I cannot imagine any staunch Trump support ever watching the guy.
Old 01-20-17, 11:53 AM

I have good news for you; no one is forcing you to watch him.
Old 01-20-17, 11:54 AM

I think people give Maher too much credit for stirring controversy. I think he does it because he's an attention whore.
Though I don't agree with everything he says I do believe he believes what he says.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.