DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   what will JASON BATEMAN be remembered for? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/273035-what-will-jason-bateman-remembered.html)

Buttmunker 02-20-03 08:39 PM

what will JASON BATEMAN be remembered for?

When you think of his sister, Justine Bateman, you automatically think: "Family Ties." The run of "Family Ties" was a good, long run, and the show was a huge success.

But brother Jason Bateman is a different story. His childhood is spread out a bit, and when someone mentions him, I think: "Valerie." This series ran about five years - a nice run, by any TV standard, despite the demise of the show's central character, Valerie Harper, after the first season.

But I also think:

-"Silver Spoons" (his sidekick role to Schroeder was prematurely cut short due to Bateman becoming more popular than the show's star)

-"It's Your Move" (a short-lived series where he had the starring role opposite David Garrison, aka Steve Rhodes from "Married With Children")

-"Teen Wolf Too" (I try not to think of this if I can help it, although I don't think it is the worst piece of crap out there, sequel-wise)

What do you think he will be best remembered for?

calhoun07 02-20-03 08:59 PM

"It's Your Move" was my favorite Jason Bateman series, tho I don't recall ever watching "Valerie."

Morf 02-20-03 09:00 PM

Valarie (later called 'The Hogan Family,' wasn't it?) is all I remember him from.

Goldberg74 02-20-03 09:01 PM

"... most likely to be cast in The Surreal Life 2."

Ginwen 02-20-03 09:43 PM

Who?

whotony 02-20-03 10:05 PM

it's your move was a very good show.

him and the oother guy were always trying to outwit each other, or outsmart each other.

very funny.

mtucker 02-20-03 10:18 PM

I'll remember him as that pretty cool 80's TV actor who was pretty good movie recently.

Edit: Apparently the movie was The Sweetest Thing.

goLUCKY 02-20-03 10:20 PM

I think teen wolf 2.....kinda funny huh.

MrX 02-20-03 10:22 PM

The Hogan Family

Tscott 02-20-03 10:42 PM

I loved 'It's Your Move' and had completely forgotten about it until now. Now I have the urge to see it again.

Anyway, I think that Jason Bateman will be most remembered [incorrectly] for Growing Pains.:)

jfoobar 02-20-03 10:43 PM

I don't think he will be especially remembered for anything.

Now Scott Valentine, on the other hand, will have schools and bridges named after him 20 years from now.

bigjim25 02-20-03 10:55 PM

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1408...416058_400.jpg
:up: "Silver Spoons"
:up: :up: "It's Your Move"
:up: "Teen Wolf Too" (<small>I liked this and was glad they put it on DVD the way they did</small>)
:up: "Love Stinks"

First thing I remember him on: "Little House on the Prairie" (James Ingalls)

AXP 103 02-20-03 11:18 PM

Is he dead?

bigjim25 02-20-03 11:48 PM

Originally posted by AXP 103 Is he dead?
He isn't, just his career. :D

RobCA 02-20-03 11:52 PM

Wow, I'd forgotten he was on "Valerie".

The first thing I think of is "Some of My Best Friends" which, unfortunately, was cancelled after only five episodes... Personally, I really enjoyed it. BTW, I also loved "It's Your Move". I thought he and David Garrison played well off each other.

Rob

ChefWinduAZ 02-21-03 12:00 AM

Originally posted by bigjim25
He isn't, just his career. :D
rotfl rotfl rotfl

Reminds me of one of the Treehouse of Horror episodes of The Simpsons where they spoofed King Kong.

I have to agree with others and say that I will remember him mostly for "It's Your Move".

Derrich 02-21-03 12:21 AM

It's Your Move was really good. A smart kid who wasn't quite as smart as his teacher.

D

Arcade 02-21-03 12:52 AM

It's Your Move was a great show.
My brother and I still bring up "The Dreggs of Humanity" episode quite often.
I also liked Tricia Cast his sister in the series back then as well.
Have not seen much from her lately either.

Charlie Goose 02-21-03 01:01 AM

He had a show 4 or 5 years ago, forgot the name - maybe Brothers something, where he lived with his two brothers in Chicago. I thought it was okay, but it was gone after one season.

He'll be best remembered for "The Hogan Family".

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Aaron Amos 02-21-03 01:46 AM

The Hogan Family
Teen Wolf Too

Keyser Soze 02-21-03 01:52 AM

Originally posted by calhoun07
"It's Your Move" was my favorite Jason Bateman series.
:thumbsup:

Do you remember the <B>"Dregs of Humanity"</b>

rotfl

I still have a few of those shows on an old VCR tape somewhere.

-k
###

Buck Turgidson 02-21-03 02:03 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
He had a show 4 or 5 years ago, forgot the name - maybe Brothers something, where he lived with his two brothers in Chicago. I thought it was okay, but it was gone after one season.
Chicago Sons. One of the many shows that have gone down in flames w/ the luscious and talented Paula Marshall aboard.

Like nearly everyone here, I fondly remember It's Your Move. I'm glad all two dozen people who watched it are all members here..

UAIOE 02-21-03 02:17 AM

That "The Hogan Family" show was on till 1991? Wow...i never knew...i quit watching this in 1989 (and ALF as well)

jkingfish 02-21-03 07:35 AM

Remember, the neighbor on It's Your Move was Steve from Married With Children. Hey, the guy plays a great neighbor... you gotta be know for something...

FlashStash 02-21-03 08:00 AM

Being the brother of that girl on Family Ties?

FS