DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Buffy/Angel Sequence Order (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/272891-buffy-angel-sequence-order.html)

BravesMG 02-20-03 11:37 AM

Buffy/Angel Sequence Order (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

I know there's a lot of Buffy and Angel DVD threads going around, and I apologize for the excess, but I can't bring myself to read them for the unintentional spoiler possibility. In the one thread I did read someone said that they were waiting for Buffy Season 4 before watching Angel S1. I was under the impression that after Buffy S3 the Angel spinoff was completely separate. I've seen Buffy through S3 and was just about to begin Angel S1, is there a reason to wait for Buffy S4?

Please NO SPOILERS, I'll get rid of this thread soon just because I'm sure it's being talked about inside another thread.

(If a mod could add 'no spoilers' to the title it would be appreciated.)

Chew 02-20-03 11:44 AM

The fourth season of Buffy and the first season of Angel crossover quite a bit (since they were on the same network at the time!). Characters and plotlines showing up on the other show, for example. So, if you want both sides of the story, you should wait a while.

das Monkey 02-20-03 12:01 PM

You should watch them alternately. 4.1 of <I>Buffy</I>, then 1.1 of <I>Angel</I>. That's how they originally aired and are intended to be watched. There are enough cross-overs to make it worth the effort. You should do the same thing for <I>Buffy</I> 5 and <I>Angel</I> 2. After that, it doesn't matter so much. There was only one week when a new episode of <I>Angel</I> didn't directly follow a new episode of <I>Buffy</I>, but the <I>Buffy</I> ep came first, so by alternating <I>Buffy</I> and then <I>Angel</I>, you'll still get it in the right order.

das

Doughboy 02-20-03 01:37 PM

You should watch them alternately. 4.1 of Buffy, then 1.1 of Angel. That's how they originally aired and are intended to be watched. There are enough cross-overs to make it worth the effort. You should do the same thing for Buffy 5 and Angel 2. After that, it doesn't matter so much.
I agree with everything but the last part. Yes, Buffy Season 6 and Angel Season 3 had no crossovers(although they did mention characters from the other show), but it looks like this year, the crossovers are starting up again towards the end of the season.

joltaddict 02-20-03 01:40 PM

Re: Buffy/Angel Sequence Order

Originally posted by bravesmg
I'll get rid of this thread soon just because I'm sure it's being talked about inside another thread.
I think the thread serves a purpose. I would like to suggest having NO SPOILERS put in the title though.

BravesMG 02-20-03 03:10 PM

Thanks guys, I've gotten through 2 episodes of Angel before I read that other post but I don't think I've missed too much crossover (if any, I don't want to know. :) ) I guess I'll be waiting until June then, but I enjoy the series too much to screw up the timeline.

joltaddict 02-20-03 09:25 PM

OK, somebody told me you can go up to the third episode of Angel before any crossovers/spoilers kick in. Can I?

Jlbkwrm 02-20-03 09:45 PM

Originally posted by joltaddict
OK, somebody told me you can go up to the third episode of Angel before any crossovers/spoilers kick in. Can I?
You can watch the first two episodes without any spoilers or anything. The third episode ("In the Dark") is the first crossover.