DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   i'm a nobody! get me out of here! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/272747-im-nobody-get-me-out-here.html)

jkester 02-19-03 09:38 PM

i'm a nobody! get me out of here!

"i'm a celebrity get me out of here"? where are the celebrities??

das Monkey 02-19-03 09:55 PM

When all the ads feature Melissa Rivers (and Robin Leach), you have to know they're scraping the bottom of the barrell.

das

Tscott 02-19-03 10:18 PM

Re: i'm a nobody! get me out of here!

Originally posted by jkester
"i'm a celebrity get me out of here"? where are the celebrities??
I thought that was part of the joke of this show.

Kube 02-19-03 10:44 PM

I have no idea who the older blonde lady is....

dolphinboy 02-19-03 11:02 PM

Originally posted by Kube
I have no idea who the older blonde lady is....
i'm pretty sure she's one of rod stewart's 8,000 ex-wives. oh and she used to be a model, so clearly she's one of the bigger celebrities on the show. ;)

Jackskeleton 02-19-03 11:24 PM

Can we leave them on the island?

Seantn 02-20-03 01:14 AM

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are on a soundstage sometimes? It sure feels like it.

By the way, this show is hilariously bad. Melissa Rivers cried because she just now realized that they got them all on the show to humiliate them! Stupid bitch...

Pointyskull 02-20-03 07:38 AM

When I heard the name Downtown Julie Brown, I knew it was slim pickings :yack:

I saw the print ad, and that was ENOUGH for me. Looks vile.

Wubba-wubba my a**...............

hgar78 02-20-03 11:15 AM

who the hell was that girl who was constantly putting on makeup???

i thought it was hysterical how melissa responded! how stupid is she, really?!? "no, honey, these reality shows never try to intentionally exploit or humiliate you." rotfl

cdollaz 02-20-03 11:42 AM

Isn't one of the "celebs" Jennifer Lopez's ex-husband. Is that his only claim to fame?

neale 02-20-03 12:09 PM

"Wubba wubba wubba, my career's in trubba trubba trubba."

-David Spade's "Hollywood Minute"

big whoppa 02-20-03 04:39 PM

Originally posted by dolphinboy
i'm pretty sure she's one of rod stewart's 8,000 ex-wives. oh and she used to be a model, so clearly she's one of the bigger celebrities on the show. ;)
I think you mean Rachel Hunter.

ChefWinduAZ 02-20-03 04:52 PM

Originally posted by big whoppa
I think you mean Rachel Hunter.
No, he is right. Her name is Alana Stewart and shi is Rod Stewart's ex-wife as well as George Hamilton's ex-wife. She had a short lived talk show with Hamilton back in the mid 90's called George and Alana. And she used to be a model.

tofu 02-20-03 04:56 PM

Originally posted by cdollaz
Isn't one of the "celebs" Jennifer Lopez's ex-husband. Is that his only claim to fame?
that and he now makes a living off of his settlement from Jlo

ChefWinduAZ 02-20-03 05:02 PM

Originally posted by hgar78
who the hell was that girl who was constantly putting on makeup???

She is Nikki Schieler Ziering, Ian Ziering's (Beverly Hills 90210) ex-wife. I could not believe that she brought make up as her item. A lot of good that does the whole group.

Cheddarmuff 02-20-03 06:56 PM

Melissa is such a baby..."we didn't come here to get humiliated".. Whaaaa..

Charlie Goose 02-21-03 01:16 AM

I didn't watch the show, but when I saw the names of the pseudo-celebrities I realized what they had in common: Not one of them is even remotely likable in any way.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

cooper2000 02-21-03 06:34 PM

I was watching ABC last night and they kept showing a commercial of Joan Rivers daughter saying, I am reallly Pissssed!
Poor baby. The only reason she has a career is because of her Mommy.
Didnt she have a million dollar wedding and then get divorced a year later?

El Scorcho 02-22-03 12:27 AM

Hhaha, these guys are the biggest bunch of crybabies. Especially Melissa Rivers. And on top of that, she's a horse.

big whoppa 02-22-03 06:58 AM

According to TIVO, any money they win is going to charity. At least, that's worth something.

I'm going to catch this tonight. Seems like this is going to be a daily show.

big whoppa 02-22-03 11:58 PM

I caught tonight's show. Really dull. Good premise but poor execution. Too much complaining from pampered so-called celebrities. I guess I'll tune in again to see if I change my mind.

beencrazier 02-25-03 09:12 PM

well, i don't think it's awful, but i'm only watching it as a last resort. every day is a bit much. i feel force fed

videoking 02-27-03 12:53 AM

I think the show is a guilty pleasure.

They really are getting rained on every day. Even I would have packed my bags after the second day and ran the HELL out of there.

I give these celebs credit for sticking it out.

videoking

big whoppa 02-27-03 11:09 AM

What's the premise? No one gets voted off. If the celebrities stay on till the end, they win money for their charity?

I admit that I haven't watched after the other night.

Patman 02-27-03 11:12 AM

It's got that Fear Factor thing going (putting the celebs through yucky tasks to get food for the group).