DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Too much stuff to watch tonight 2/19/03! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/272516-too-much-stuff-watch-tonight-2-19-03-a.html)

Patman 02-19-03 06:27 AM

Too much stuff to watch tonight 2/19/03!

I've got on tap:

Ed
Enterprise
American Idol results
American Idol Best/Worst Auditions
Birds of Prey - 2 hours
The Bachelorette - 2 hours

It's insane! That's almost 8 hours just on one night!

for others, also include:

The West Wing
Star Search - new "season"
I'm a Celebrity... (okay, kidding on this one).

Wizdar 02-19-03 08:01 AM

You put West Wing as an also-ran? :hscratch:

Patman 02-19-03 08:10 AM

No, I just don't watch the show.

Bust 02-19-03 08:34 AM

Chapelle's Show
That 70's Show

renaldow 02-19-03 09:16 AM

It's interesting to see how tastes vary. To me there's absolutely nothing to watch on Wednesday nights!

das Monkey 02-19-03 09:18 AM

I watch probably 12 hours of stuff on a typical Tuesday or Sunday night, so this is easy. Thankfully, Thursday is still a relative void, so I can catch up on things.

das

bralph 02-19-03 09:35 AM

Tues is my big night. Besides That 70's Show and West Wing, I don't care about much on Wed. Tues, on the other hand, has 24, NYPD Blue, Kingpin (over now), and The Shield. Thankfully, The Shield is rebroadcast at 11:00, so TIVO catches Kingpin and Blue at 10:00 and Shield at 11:00.

Wizdar 02-19-03 09:38 AM

Originally posted by renaldow
To me there's absolutely nothing to watch on Wednesday nights!

Originally posted by das Monkey
Thankfully, Thursday is still a relative void, so I can catch up on things.
I gotta agree with the Monkey on this one.

Red Dog 02-19-03 09:41 AM

The Maryland-Duke game gets my full attention tonight from 9-11. FEAR THE TURTLE!!! I'll probably check out some of the Memphis-Louisville game as well from 7-9.

Thankfully, I just bought a 2nd Replay-TV 10 days ago so I can cover almost every conflict.

I'll be recording:
Enterprise
That 70s Show
West Wing
The Bachelorette (2nd hour only, I watch the 1st hour live while flipping to the Memphis/Louisville game)
Law & Order
South Park

Thursday is CBS night for me - probably the best 3 hour block on television right now.

das Monkey 02-19-03 09:50 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth Red Dog •<HR SIZE=1>Thursday is CBS night for me - probably the best 3 hour block on television right now. <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take the <I>Ed</I>, <I>The West Wing</I>, <I>Law & Order</I> block for 1000 please, Alex. I love <I>Without a Trace</I> (probably the season's best new drama), but <I>Survivor</I> is simply a guilty pleasure, and my feelings on <I>CSI</I> are well-documented.

Another contender would be <I>American Dreams</I>, <I>Criminal Intent</I>, <I>Boomtown</I> (now that <I>Kingpin</I> is over).

I do agree, though ... CBS' lineup is what keeps Thursdays from being a complete waste. I also have to check in on <I>The Surreal Life</I> and <I>JKX</I> too. ;) And <I>Scrubs</I> whenever NBC isn't wasting our time with "A Very Special Super-Sized <I>Friends</I> Must-See Television Event."

das

Red Dog 02-19-03 09:54 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth Red Dog •<HR SIZE=1>Thursday is CBS night for me - probably the best 3 hour block on television right now. <HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take the <I>Ed</I>, <I>The West Wing</I>, <I>Law & Order</I> block for 1000 please, Alex. I love <I>Without a Trace</I> (probably the season's best new drama), but <I>Survivor</I> is simply a guilty pleasure, and my feelings on <I>CSI</I> are well-documented.

Another contender would be <I>American Dreams</I>, <I>Criminal Intent</I>, <I>Boomtown</I> (now that <I>Kingpin</I> is over).

I do agree, though ... CBS' lineup is what keeps Thursdays from being a complete waste. I also have to check in on <I>The Surreal Life</I> and <I>JKX</I> too. ;)

das

That Sunday NBC block would be the winner if it was the original L&O or SVU instead of Criminal Intent. I cannot stand Criminal Intent and I am a huge Law & Order fan. The main character is utterly unbelieveable - I can't wait for the inevitable cross-over episode and Briscoe's -rolleyes- reaction to this guy.

Zinger 02-19-03 10:02 AM

No one lists 60 Minutes...truly sad.

Wizdar 02-19-03 10:04 AM

Yeah, it’s not a real reality show…

Patman 02-19-03 10:24 AM

My Thursdays are filled with 3 hours each on CBS and NBC. I watch Survivor/CSI/ER in real time in HDTV Baybee! Then I watch the other Thursday night shows later (and was watching a bit of High School Reunion and The Surreal Life). Now added to the mix is Are You Hot?

Tuesday are killing me now that AI showed up, and so did Kingpin (thankfully it's over for now) because I had on tap:

Gilmore Girls
Smallville
Buffy
AI
The Real World
Kingpin

And I'm at Frankies for Team Trivia, so I get home after 10:30 and only watch 3 shows before I hit the sack.

Bust 02-19-03 10:33 AM

Originally posted by Zinger
...truly sad.
60 minutes? I agree.

Tom Banjo 02-19-03 11:20 AM

I've got to add in Twilight Zone in, at least for this week. Tonight is sequel to one of my favorite classic episodes, and then a remake of another classic favorite.

Chew 02-19-03 11:22 AM

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
I've got to add in Twilight Zone in, at least for this week. Tonight is sequel to one of my favorite classic episodes, and then a remake of another classic favorite.
I'm looking forward to this as well. (didn't get a great review from Entertainment Weekly though: C+)

number6 02-19-03 12:14 PM

I watch probably 12 hours of stuff on a typical Tuesday or Sunday night, so this is easy. Thankfully, Thursday is still a relative void, so I can catch up on things.

das

Tuedays and Sundays are my biggest nights as well:

Sunday
Simpsons
Alias
OZ/Six feet Under
Boomtown
Dead Zone

Tuesday
Buffy
Smallville
The Shield
Real World

huzefa 02-19-03 12:59 PM

It's called Tivo, people! Don't let those bigwigs at the networks run your lives!

Patman 02-19-03 02:25 PM

I've got 2 Replay TVs, and 2 active VCRs and it's still tough to keep with it all. I'm contemplating adding one more Replay TV into the mix.

GuessWho 02-19-03 02:30 PM

ONLY ONE for me tonight:

Dawson's Creek

Patman 02-19-03 04:26 PM

Dawson's Creek is not on tonight, Birds of Prey (2 hours) will be in its timeslot (and Angel's).

GuessWho 02-19-03 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Dawson's Creek is not on tonight, Birds of Prey (2 hours) will be in its timeslot (and Angel's).
Woohoo, a free night!! No need to tape anything while at the gym. :)

ChefWinduAZ 02-19-03 04:59 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Same thing happens again next week when they air a made for TV Lone Ranger movie.

the aftermath 02-19-03 05:52 PM

Maryland-Duke
Chappelle's show