DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Shield 2/18 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/272442-shield-2-18-a.html)

TK-421 02-18-03 09:52 PM

The Shield 2/18

Damn all you guys for being right about Ronnie...

I was totally expecting Vic to knock that guy over the edge, not the chick.

Also, man, once they got in that guy's apartment I knew he was guilty. Another great episode, I can't wait to see Vic's revenge.

Tuan Jim 02-18-03 10:23 PM

Dang, after this episode and the previews for the next one, I'm really starting to wonder how many seasons this can go on for. I mean, there's only so much you can pile on and still come out on top.

Dutch has definitely got it back together ;p

Tuan Jim

MrX 02-18-03 11:09 PM

I thought it was good with another great ending.

Dutch interrogating the fat guy was hilarious. I loved it when he planted the evidence, drove 20 feet and slammed on the brakes and ran back in.

Vic's going to rip Armadillo apart. Not only for Ronnie, but for messing up his chance to :hump: the lady running the shelter.

SiberianLlama 02-18-03 11:25 PM

Good episode, great ending. I actually thought Ronnie was going to get killed, but what happened was much more vicious, and to me at least, disturbing. It's going to be quite a show-down between Armadillo and Vick.

Rypro 525 02-18-03 11:51 PM

Just watched this for the first time (nothing else on, wanted to see what the fuss was about, ect), and what a great show,this show is alot faster paced than 24 (but I can deal with the slower paced 24). I thought more shocking then the ending is that Vic and that other woman decided to have sex just because he said that he and his wife were seperated. Great find.

Dacoops3 02-19-03 12:59 AM

Great episode! I cannot wait to see wait Vic and his crew decide to do to Armadillo now. Also, my money is on them robbing the money train for the season finale in (2 or 3?) weeks.

MrX 02-19-03 01:00 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
I thought more shocking then the ending is that Vic and that other woman decided to have sex just because he said that he and his wife were seperated. Great find.
That wan't a that big of a shock. He bailed her out this week and last week he put her up in an apartment and brought food for her and the 2 battered woman she was taking care of since she couldn't go back to her shelter. And you'll find Vic has no problem cheating on his wife.

Rypro 525 02-19-03 01:06 AM

Sorry I'm new, hopefully again fx will do another sheild marathon.

MrX 02-19-03 01:10 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Sorry I'm new, hopefully again fx will do another sheild marathon.
They'll probably run this season 2 or 3 more times through before next season starts. I think that's what they did with the last season, I know they ran it again at least 2 times.

writteninstars 02-19-03 02:06 AM

I *love* this show.

Tonight alone was rife with story and character development. Of course, my favorite guy is still Dutch and like Claudette, I had been worried about him. Poor guy. I know he feels justifiably awful about Marcie, but he was on a serious downward spiral. Aceveda and Claudette kicked him in the ass because he needed it. I loved seeing him almost take Vic's advice and then knowing it's not how he does things. He gets it done, but in an ethically right kind of way. I loved his self-aggrandizing spiel to Aceveda at the end and Aceveda saying, "Well, looks like he's back". And how! ::jumps for joy::

Y'know, I even liked Shane tonight. Yes, he did eventually give in and have sex w/ that woman, but he really did try hard not to. I still like that Dutch wanted to "knock his enormous teeth out", but really, Shane wasn't too annoying this time.

Poor Ronnie. I knew he was the most expendable one out of the Strike Team, so it was almost disappointing to see him die. I thought because I expected it, they wouldn't kill him off. Guess I'm too used to ME, huh?

Oh, and is it my imagination or does FX run this show w/ limited commercials?

~wis

Jehan 02-19-03 02:09 AM

Great show again, I'm enjoying this more than anything else on at the moment.

I usually don't watch previews but next week's episode looks like an absolute cracker! Really looking forward to it.

Buck Turgidson 02-19-03 04:34 AM

Dutch: "How long has it been since you've seen your dick without a mirror?" :lol:

Dolemite used that joke once or twice. Wonder if Dutch is a fan?

djones6746 02-19-03 05:12 AM

I was going to watch the encore presentation at 11:00 est but forgot....will have to watch this episode Sunday night. :)

Geofferson 02-19-03 08:14 AM

Another stellar episode. Dutch is back to form and Vic is wanting revenge.

number6 02-19-03 11:37 AM

Originally posted by writteninstars

Poor Ronnie. I knew he was the most expendable one out of the Strike Team, so it was almost disappointing to see him die. I thought because I expected it, they wouldn't kill him off. Guess I'm too used to ME, huh?
~wis

Great episode , but are we sure that Ronnie's dead?? It looks like he was still breathing to me.

writteninstars 02-19-03 11:44 AM

Originally posted by number6
Great episode , but are we sure that Ronnie's dead?? It looks like he was still breathing to me.
Excellent point. In my rabid joy, I guess I jumped the gun on Ronnie's death. Oops. Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated. ;)

~wis

grunter 02-19-03 02:11 PM

So explain to me how the blonde-haired strike-force team member went from passionately objecting to the money train heist to singing Hall and Oates songs while doing a dry-run of said heist?

Did I miss something crucial?

Rypro 525 02-19-03 02:21 PM

If Ronnie is the character found at the end of the episode then... (the teaser prieveiw)
Spoiler:
we see Vic interviewing/questioning him

MrX 02-19-03 03:04 PM

I think Ronnie said Vics name at the end when Vic rolled him over.

mikehunt 02-19-03 08:00 PM

he did, I definitely heard it

bralph 02-20-03 07:32 AM

Originally posted by grunter
So explain to me how the blonde-haired strike-force team member went from passionately objecting to the money train heist to singing Hall and Oates songs while doing a dry-run of said heist?

Did I miss something crucial?

I wondered the same thing. I knew he would come on board, but not with such enthusiasm...

Groucho 02-20-03 08:00 AM

I'm guessing that Lemonhead came around in a scene that was later deleted. Perhaps the producers thought that was a storyline not worth pursuing? I guess we'll know more when the DVD streets, but I agree that it's a bit of a loose end...especially since that looked to be Lem's running storyline this season.

Icculus 02-20-03 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
I'm guessing that Lemonhead came around in a scene that was later deleted. Perhaps the producers thought that was a storyline not worth pursuing? I guess we'll know more when the DVD streets, but I agree that it's a bit of a loose end...especially since that looked to be Lem's running storyline this season.
I can't remember exactly what happened but I thought the switch took place right before they thought they were going to get Armadillo (when they were greenlit). The blonde guy was originally going to watch the door or something like that but he ended up talking to Vic about how they needed to take Armadillo out (and since he was in on that his attitude toward the money train changed as well).

BT 02-20-03 02:03 PM

Lem changed his tune when he realized that Armadillo could and would rat out the Strike Team if given the chance. Doing so would obviously ruin everyone on the team. Once he got that notion through his thick head he jumped on board the "we've got to get rid of Armadillo" train.

Another great episode. Loved Dutch gettin' his groove back without having to go to the dark side (although I thought it would've been cool if he had gone over completely). Think I also got 2 of my friends hooked on this show from just this one episode. :D

-BT

Groucho 02-20-03 02:30 PM

They showed Lem's change in terms of taking out Armadillo, but not his change in attitude regarding the money train. However, now that I think about it...the two are tied together since they are planning to use the Armenians as fall guys for Armadillo's murder.

Still, it does seem like a scene or two is missing.