DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   If you think the Flintstones on Sci-fi is bad, Meet Joe Black on Sci-fi channel (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/271860-if-you-think-flintstones-sci-fi-bad-meet-joe-black-sci-fi-channel.html)

Rypro 525 02-16-03 06:02 PM

If you think the Flintstones on Sci-fi is bad, Meet Joe Black on Sci-fi channel

Have they lost their little minds?? Its on right now if you don't believe me.

Amadeus 02-16-03 07:22 PM

Next Week on Sci-fi

John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson star in a movie that is not the least bit sci-fi in anyway but were still going to show it anyway...In Pulp Fiction.Followed by some other stuff that's not sci-fi related.

shaun3000 02-16-03 07:28 PM

Well, if they are showing the later Flintstones episodes with the little martian, then they're ok.

Aaron Amos 02-16-03 07:36 PM

:jawdrop: has that network lost their minds?

Aaron Amos 02-16-03 07:37 PM

Originally posted by Amadeus
Next Week on Sci-fi

John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson star in a movie that is not the least bit sci-fi in anyway but were still going to show it anyway...In Pulp Fiction.Followed by some other stuff that's not sci-fi related.

:lol:

tha_dvd_man 02-16-03 07:55 PM

From a money standpoint, I suppose I can't blame them. They have to air what people will watch. But they might as well change the name of their station. It is no longer a 'Sci-fi' channel.

UAIOE 02-17-03 12:13 AM

Not many people i know who arent into Sci-fi movies would tune in to a channel called "The Sci-fi Channel".

The name just doesnt scream "Please pre-teen girls with a crush on Brad Pitt...please watch our station!"

Rogue588 02-17-03 01:33 AM

Originally posted by Amadeus
Next Week on Sci-fi

Umm...Helloooooooooo???

The inside of Wallace's briefcase was glowing.

Glowing light = Sci-Fi.

Duh.

Jeez...some people wouldn't recognize Sci-Fi if it wasn't Hammer.

All hail the HAMMER!

Jason 02-17-03 08:34 AM

Someone need to tell them that all the sci-fi fans who went to see this movie only went for the Episode One trailer.

Amadeus 02-17-03 09:01 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Umm...Helloooooooooo???

The inside of Wallace's briefcase was glowing.

Glowing light = Sci-Fi.

Duh.

Damn! How could i be so stupid.:o

And of course the fireworks in Meet Joe Black are sci-fi, so you know.

Geofferson 02-17-03 04:56 PM

I noticed this last night. Almost makes as much sense as airing the Indiana Jones trilogy...

tasha99 02-17-03 09:58 PM

I don't have a problem with it since it's speculative (unlike Braveheart). I know, it's not the "speculative fiction channel", but I'm okay with lumping all sf together and calling it "sci-fi" on tv.

tasha

Josh H 02-17-03 11:46 PM

That's probably the best two things ever shown on sci fi. ;)

UAIOE 02-18-03 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Geofferson
Almost makes as much sense as airing the Indiana Jones trilogy...
At least those are movies that you'd wanna watch.

However i believe i have figured out the inane way that the movies would qualify for a run on the "Sci-fi channel"

Indy is an archaeologist and archaeology is a science.

Science +

Movie is work of fiction

Fiction +

So there is your Science Fiction!!

-ohbfrank-

mllefoo 02-18-03 01:00 AM

Originally posted by Aaron Amos
has that network lost their minds?
You have to have a mind to lose.

I still maintain that SciFi is run by a bunch of Microcephalic Evil Cymbal Monkeys who wouldn't have a clue if they went to Toys R Us and bought the game.

Frankly, I'd be astounded if they actually DID show something remotely science fiction. I think last time I surfed by that channel, they were playing "The Incredible Story of Two Girls In Love" or some other boring sensitive lesbian picture. Maybe it counts as Sci Fi because it's every guy's fantasy to get two girls in bed.