DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   OOPS! FOX gives away Joe Millionaire "twist" (SPOILER) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/271027-oops-fox-gives-away-joe-millionaire-twist-spoiler.html)

MadameTourvel 02-13-03 11:50 AM

OOPS! FOX gives away Joe Millionaire "twist"

My fiancee and I watched Monday's much despised "recrap" episode of JOE MILLIONAIRE, and then we noticed something. The much ballyhooed "twist" at the end was inadvertently given away!

Spoiler:
We spotted "Zora" in a Longhorn Steakhouse commercial that ran during JOE MILLIONAIRE. It is unmistakeably she-- there are four shots of her in the ad. The "twist" is ALL THE WOMEN ARE ACTRESSES AND THEY KNEW ALL ALONG! And the Atlanta FOX afilliate gave it away by running a commercial starring the "substitute teacher" from the show.

And as corroboration, we know someone who went to drama school with one of the women eliminated earlier in the show.

The public has been following along, waiting to see how the women would react when they found out they had been duped. The only dupes are Evan and those of us who have been watching.

How 'bout them apples?!??

Patman 02-13-03 11:52 AM

You know I saw that ad, and notice that as well. Veddy interesting...

ClarkKentKY 02-13-03 11:55 AM

Thats pretty lame if you ask me.

razorbackfan 02-13-03 12:08 PM

Since the show was produced a year or so ago, it would be safe to assume some of the people on it went on to persue an acting career.

Dr. DVD 02-13-03 12:13 PM

So does that mean ol' Joe will be left high n dry? (Don't watch the show, but that seems like an interesting spoiler.)

MrX 02-13-03 12:13 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Thats pretty lame if you ask me.
I agree

Aaron Amos 02-13-03 12:14 PM

so does this mean that all of this hype over this "reality" show is over nothing!?

Red Dog 02-13-03 12:15 PM

If true, why couldn't they find some hotter actresses?

Dr. DVD 02-13-03 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
If true, why couldn't they find some hotter actresses?
Maybe they all feared that would give away their "twist."

ClarkKentKY 02-13-03 12:24 PM

How many times have we heard what the plot twist is going to be.
Spoiler:
Paul's a millionare. Joe's really a millionare. They're going to give a million. All the chicks are millionares. Now they're all actresses.

How about there is no twist. Or its a Twist so lame, and so predictable, that you won't want to miss! Be there!

Jackskeleton 02-13-03 01:17 PM

I'm sorry, some of the stupidity those chicks had could no way in hell be due to "good acting". the meranary that wants to bath childern for example.. that looks to real to be an act. :p

slop101 02-13-03 03:35 PM

^ or just bad improvisation?

freedexter 02-13-03 03:37 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
How many times have we heard what the plot twist is going to be.
Spoiler:
Paul's a millionare. Joe's really a millionare. They're going to give a million. All the chicks are millionares. Now they're all actresses.

How about there is no twist. Or its a Twist so lame, and so predictable, that you won't want to miss! Be there!

Spoiler:
Maybe they are all millionaire actors with a desire to flaunt their money and bad acting skills to the general public. Makes total sense.

Roto 02-13-03 04:32 PM

I'm betting this is way off base. You don't want to make your audience look stupid. That would be a very dumb move.

sherm42 02-13-03 05:23 PM

I don't actually watch this or other reality shows, but it does seem like if this were true, it would basically be FOX giving their entire audience a big Finger and a "F**k You".

How could FOX ever expect people to watch any other "reality" programing on their network? Who would trust them?

If it were true, it sounds like a stunt worthy of Andy Kaufman.

Jackskeleton 02-13-03 05:28 PM

Yeah, if that is the real turn out, it would be against what the whole reality tv deal is about.

neale 02-13-03 05:40 PM

Personally, I like the rumor that
Spoiler:
there are actually TWO Joe Millionaires. Evan has a twin brother, Ethan. And as we've been watching, sometimes it's Evan, sometimes Ethan. And one of them picks Sara, the other picks Zora. Then they each get a million bucks for participating.

WiccanPagan 02-13-03 06:25 PM

i think joe is really gay.

Tarantino 02-13-03 06:35 PM

That was actually my legitimate guess when the show started. Then I thought maybe the women were rich...

Oh well, I don't watch the show, so no sour grapes here.

namja 02-13-03 07:03 PM

From today's drive home:
Spoiler:
Joe picks Sarah. Sarah dumps him when she finds out the truth. Twist: Zora is really a millionaire. He could have ended up with millions if he picked Zora, but he picked Sarah, so he gets nothing.

Chad 02-13-03 07:12 PM

Originally posted by namja
From today's drive home:
Spoiler:
Joe picks Sarah. Sarah dumps him when she finds out the truth. Twist: Zora is really a millionaire. He could have ended up with millions if he picked Zora, but he picked Sarah, so he gets nothing.

That's one episode I won't be missing! :lol:

movieking 02-13-03 08:28 PM

This is what I think that will happen:

Spoiler:
I read this in a gossip rag at the supermarket, but it matches other things that I heard elsewhere. Evan picks Zora (I have thought this since the start). The twist is that they get married at the end. However, the marriage is not actually legal, since it was performed by someone who is not licensed to do a legal marriage in France. The wedding is more of a way to end the show on a high note than to actually start a marriage.

movieking 02-13-03 08:30 PM

I do like the thought of the first post on this thread though. It would be very interesting, and I think that it is my favorite out of all of the scenarios.

Venusian 02-13-03 08:55 PM

nice to see you back madame t

MJKTool 02-13-03 09:23 PM

SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!