Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

OOPS! FOX gives away Joe Millionaire "twist" (SPOILER)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

OOPS! FOX gives away Joe Millionaire "twist" (SPOILER)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
A lot of people you see on reality shows and dating shows are wanna-be actors/actress's......she must have got lucky enough to actually get a paying gig.

As for the rumor about [spoiler]Zora being a millionaire[/spoiler}, I find all too conveniant that one of the two he ended up with (of 25) would be
Spoiler:
the rich one
. That kind of thing would be near impossible to rig if he had any autonomy at all in making picks of women.
Old 02-13-03, 09:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will this TV show be a big mess like "Who Wants to Marry A Millioniare" that Fox aired a few years ago?
Old 02-14-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by namja
From today's drive home:
Spoiler:
Joe picks Sarah. Sarah dumps him when she finds out the truth. Twist: Zora is really a millionaire. He could have ended up with millions if he picked Zora, but he picked Sarah, so he gets nothing.
I just heard this rumor also. It must be true. I will be tuned in!
Old 02-14-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by clemente
A lot of people you see on reality shows and dating shows are wanna-be actors/actress's......she must have got lucky enough to actually get a paying gig.

As for the rumor about [spoiler]Zora being a millionaire[/spoiler}, I find all too conveniant that one of the two he ended up with (of 25) would be
Spoiler:
the rich one
. That kind of thing would be near impossible to rig if he had any autonomy at all in making picks of women.
perhaps joe isn't picking them at all. it is paul the butler than announces their names, perhaps he's doing the choosing.
Old 02-14-03, 07:48 PM

Here's how it goes down:

Spoiler:
Evan picks Sarah, tells her he is a heavy equipment operator, no money, yada yada and gives her the choice of accepting him for who he is or walking. Evan then waits for his decision, more recaps...Fetish girl thinks about the her future career, would want to end the show on a high note - dump him after the show/$ opportunites die. She goes to him to accept, and Paul throws in a monkey wrench - get married on the show and for doing this they will receive Fox's wedding present -one million dollars.

Aftermath show week after is about the honeymoon/what the other girls are doing now.

You know Joe and Sarah agree to break after all this and split the cash. Or the marriage isn't declared legal in France anyway. Win win for all. Fox probably was filiming Jane Millionaire at the same time, hedging on success/inability to duplicate scenario.

Or not...

Last edited by Hannibal; 02-14-03 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-15-03, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If all the girls are actresses then the joke is on Evan? What's the point? That doesn't make the show interesting but I guess Fox doesn't care since we've all been watching anyway.
Old 02-15-03, 02:15 PM

I heard a rumor that they filmed 4 joe millionaires at the same time, because they'll never be able to do it again.
Old 02-15-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Re: OOPS! FOX gives away Joe Millionaire "twist"

Originally posted by MadameTourvel
My fiancee and I...
Wow... have you been gone that long?

You need to stop by the Virtual Bar more often.

Congrats!

-k
###
Old 02-15-03, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If Melissa M was in on it, she's a fantastic actress!
Old 02-15-03, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's how it should end:

Spoiler:
The lie that has been "eating Evan's brain" goes beyond simply making him one of the most moronic men on tv and eats so much that he forgets to breath and then dies. Sarah goes into his wallet, hoping to buy herself one last present with his credit card. She soon discovers that the closest thing to a credit card that he has is the fake cardboard card that came with his wallet. Sarah realizes that he poor and decides not to mourn his loss while Zora skips off into the woods to talk to the deer and squirrels.

But I could be wrong.
Old 02-15-03, 10:26 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious what the twist will be, and I haven't even been watching the show:

Spoiler:
Sarah is really Keyser Soze, and Zora is his childhood sled
Old 02-17-03, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the previews running now, they make it sound like Evan doesn't know what the surprise is. If that is the case, I would believe them
Spoiler:
them all being actresses. Ina couple of articles that I have read about girls that got booted, they were all described as aspiring actresses as well

I guess that we will find out tonight!
Old 02-17-03, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As I stated before, I did see
Spoiler:
Zora on the Lonestar Steakhouse commercial that actually runs during the show, so it's quite possible that they've been playing Evan the entire time, damn, that'd be sweet, even though Evan seems to be a good sport about it because he showed up on American Idol 2 weeks ago.
Old 02-17-03, 09:12 AM

Um, isn't that the reason most people go on reality TV -- to start up some kind of acting career? I'd be more surprised if they didn't do the show for a reason like that.

They're either looking for money (likely), love (eh...), or fame/career (likely).

If they can parlay their 10 seconds of fame into some TV spots or a bit gig, then good work. If they all turn out to be actresses and the joke's on Evan, then that would be collosally stupid and worthless.
Old 02-17-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The surprise is that the entire show was scripted from the start!
Old 02-17-03, 03:51 PM

There is some justice in the idea that the show is scripted. The ones embarassed are the ones who knew that the thing was a con and decided to invest anyway-- Evan and us the viewers. But I agree it'd be a royal up yours by Fox to the viewing public, and would jeopardize any other reality show they would do.
Old 02-17-03, 04:39 PM

She's a MAN, baby!
Old 02-17-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Ends up the chicks tell him they were in it the whole time and the butler set them up to do it. Evan then goes on a rampage and chokeslams the butler

http://www.upw.com/superstars/evanmariott.htm
Old 02-17-03, 09:58 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
at the first post.
Old 02-17-03, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

boo, you all had me for nothing. I even watched this piece of crap to learn that
Spoiler:
Evan picks Zora and the twist at the end is that the producers give them each 1 million dollars and Zora stays
borring and dissopointing.
Old 02-17-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lame
Old 02-17-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They don't get a million each, they split a million between them.
Old 02-18-03, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep, they split the money. Zora finally gives Joe a tongue kiss.

What did Sarah do to Joe in the woods? The whispering was cryptic, but it seemed like it still might have been a BJ.
Old 02-18-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It seemed like she was pissed at him for lying ect. Since I didn't watch the show, I couldn't tell you.
Old 02-18-03, 09:06 AM
Banned

Actually I thought the ending was somewhat predictable. The only doubts I had was if Zora would actually show up for the ring. The part about bringing back Melissa to help Sara pack was pretty good also.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.