DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Oz - 2/9/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/270057-oz-2-9-03-a.html)

jackepstein 02-09-03 09:13 PM

Oz - 2/9/03

Another solid episode of OZ (this season is much better than the last two). Here's some stuff that happened this week...

* Schillinger & Keller allies? This will turn out to be a swerve by Keller, but me thinks the whole Schillinger/Keller/Beecher triangle will end up with all three men dead.

* Dino Ortilani... Two spots left, and one has got to be Adebisi. I think next week we're getting Said.

* The Mayor Lowen case gets more intense, as now Leo Glynn seems to be the next target. I have a feeling this will all lead to Gov. Devlin being kicked out of office.

* Rebadow/Stella storyline sucks. He hasn't been interesting since he went on a rampage in season 4.

* Robson is repenant?

* Omar White and Joel Grey are awesome together.

* Alvarez is going to hook up with Cutler's wife.

* The whole Cyril thing was awesome TV. I hated the fact that they played some BS song during the final minutes (should have been silence). Saw the whole pardon thing coming a mile away. Why won't they just kill Cyril already?!!?!?

2 more weeks left... damn.
-r

rskinfn 02-09-03 09:37 PM

Is lee tergensen or the writers (tom fontana and company) just phoning it in this season or what?

The dynamics between Schillenger and Beecher has become a soap operatic joke.

First his Dad is killed and his response is oh well bad day for me. He gets out. Then Keller sets him up and he doesnt know for sure that Keller did it? ( After 5+ yrs in OZ ? ). Beecher appears mildly upset by his loss of freedom.

Schillenger, Keller, and Beecher are three are my favorite characters on the show and this season for them has been a major dissapointment for me.

Iron Chef 02-09-03 09:55 PM

That was one of the finest hours of television that I have ever watched.

Dave Scarpa 02-09-03 10:44 PM

Yeah I gave up on OZ last season was wretched this season was pretty poor too. After the Death Row Maxim Spread I gave up.

madara 02-09-03 10:48 PM

LOL, cant please everyone.

Buck Turgidson 02-09-03 10:59 PM

This show has always been HBO's red-headed stepchild.

Some of us can see it's greatness.

The whole last ten minutes was just superb.

Blaster1 02-09-03 11:15 PM

Pretty good show tonight. I'm glad Cyril got a stay. That was really sad at the end. I want to know why that guy killed Said though. Are they just going to forget about that and never tell us?

HitManX 02-09-03 11:52 PM

Good thing I wont remember these spoilers when I watch this episode on Tuesday. Sounds like a great episode :D

outcastja 02-10-03 12:53 AM

I really hated that swerve, I thought it was a perfect way to kill off the character.

Da Thrilla 02-10-03 08:59 AM

I agree with outcastja. That would of been a perfect ending for the character to go. But still a great episode.

das Monkey 02-10-03 09:02 AM

Originally posted by outcastja
I really hated that swerve, I thought it was a perfect way to kill off the character.
Me too. I was mentally reserving a spot for this ep on my Top 20 for this season, but they lost it with the ending. Solid episode, and I'm glad Cyril lives to fight another day, but I think they missed a great opportunity for a perfect send-off,

das

das Monkey 02-10-03 09:25 AM

Oh, and notice the Nurse worked at St. Eligius (i.e. St. Elsewhere)?

das

Alien Redrum 02-10-03 02:37 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey

das

Was she fired from there too? Or was she on the show St. Elsewhere?

joltaddict 02-10-03 02:43 PM

When they rattled off her employment history they mentioned she was fired from St. Eligius.

I noticed that too. :):up:

Buck Turgidson 02-10-03 07:37 PM

Caught that, too...

And Erlich was one of the doctors who worked on Al Giardello in Homicide: The Movie, plus Roxanne Turner, the Doctor that Alfrie Woodard played on St. Elsewhere, was hauled into the box by Frank Pembleton a couple of years earlier for suspicion of asssisting in patient's suicides.

HitManX 02-13-03 12:07 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey

das

I missed the part where they do the background check on her. What kind of stuff had she done previously?

Buck Turgidson 02-13-03 12:37 AM

She'd been fired from both places. Several people had mysteriously died under her watch at each place, and several more at Oswald.

Nice follow up work, folks... (Unfortunately, it's all too believable.)

TK-421 02-13-03 07:45 AM

Just a small spoiler for the season finale..

Spoiler:
Martin Querns is back!

Wonder why and how this will happen....