DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Fastlane.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/267982-fastlane.html)

Lil' Penny 02-01-03 05:48 AM

Fastlane....

Does anyone else watch this?

~LP

Patman 02-01-03 09:00 AM

I did. Love the tight clothing.

nny 02-01-03 01:30 PM

I almost started a thread about this. Last night's episode was great. I'm so happy to finally see a story last for more than one episode. The part where Deac was boxing, Van was racing, and Billie was talking with Jay Mohr was really good. The racing part reminded me of Need for Speed.

I see so many people bashing this show and Michael Bay online. I just don't understand it. Sure, if all you ever want to watch is PBS and indie films, I would understand it. But within their genre, I don't know of any TV show ever to have as good action scenes as Fastlane or any action movies that have better action scenes than Bay's films.

Patman 02-01-03 01:45 PM

I think they overdo the slow-mo thing, though.

Red Dog 02-01-03 02:17 PM

If it ain't West Wing or Six Feet Under, critics will bash.

If you take it for what it is...eye candy (babes, fast cars, and lots of action)...it is fun to watch. I like a little diversion from reality. It was the same thing with shows like Baywatch and VIP.

Plus any show that has Jamie Pressley and Krista Allen guest-starring in back-to-back weeks can't be bad. ;)

nny 02-01-03 02:26 PM

I have to admit I really like slo-mo and don't think it's overdone. Oddly enough, the only time I've ever thought slo-mo was way overdone was in the lobby scene in Matrix. And yet, I never hear people complain about that.

Red Dog 02-01-03 03:46 PM

Originally posted by nny
I have to admit I really like slo-mo and don't think it's overdone. Oddly enough, the only time I've ever thought slo-mo was way overdone was in the lobby scene in Matrix. And yet, I never hear people complain about that.

There is first for everything...I hated it. Of course, I'm probably one of the few people in this country who hated the Matrix and one of the few in this forum who doesn't own the DVD.

the_dude8 02-02-03 01:07 AM

the bullet time in the lobby were van and deace drove the hummer to block the bullet for billie was pretty kewl.

flabio 02-02-03 04:25 AM

Fastlane is an excellent "turn your brain off and just watch" diversion from the usual pseudo-cerebral primetime programming we are spoon-fed these days.

rskinfn 02-02-03 08:35 AM

Pro's
Hot women
Great direction / production values(similar to Charlie's Angles)

Con's
The writing is paper thin. I am not expecting Sophies Choice, but there is nothing to maintain my interest other than Tiffany Thiesen making out with other women.

GuessWho 02-02-03 11:21 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
There is first for everything...I hated it. Of course, I'm probably one of the few people in this country who hated the Matrix and one of the few in this forum who doesn't own the DVD.
My utter hatred of The Matrix (and The Simpsons) is legendary on DVDTalk :)

Tarantino 02-04-03 05:37 PM

The writing isn't that bad, sometimes this show will take you on twists that you never expected.

I love this show. It's the only show I watch religiously on TV and I've downloaded every episode you can get online so far.