DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 4 delayed (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/266982-amazing-race-4-delayed.html)

djbrown 01-28-03 10:57 AM

The Amazing Race 4 delayed

Good news, bad news I guess. Bad in that it's being delayed, good in that it should find a bigger audience when it airs in the summer.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...eut/index.html

The decision to keep "Star Search" going means that Wednesday-night reality entry "Amazing Race," which is currently filming its fourth installment, may not return until late spring or summer.

Patman 01-28-03 11:00 AM

Is anyone really watching Starsearch? Ewww...

djbrown 01-28-03 11:09 AM

Originally posted by Patman
Apparently. Who knew that folks couldn't get enough of Arsenio's "Hit me with the digits".

Static Cling 01-28-03 11:13 AM

I haven't watched Star Search since I was in my early teens. I don't even think it airs in my area (metropolitan DC).

Timber 01-28-03 11:18 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
I haven't watched Star Search since I was in my early teens. I don't even think it airs in my area (metropolitan DC).
It's on channel 9 Wednesday and Thursday night....Unles you were toalking about the original.

lwhy? 01-28-03 11:33 AM

It will seem like a long time between now and then.:(

movieking 01-28-03 01:02 PM

It is too bad about AR, but I am also upset that Queens Supreme has been cancelled. I really liked that show. It had the potential to be a decent Friday night show. Damn networks cancel new shows quick now...

DrRingDing 01-28-03 05:17 PM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
-di doctor-

conscience 01-28-03 06:49 PM

Since Star Search is such a <b>hit</b>, I don't think Amazing Race 4 should come on at all. Since, you know, Star Search is such a <b>hit</b>.

:rolleyes:

I want AR ASAP. Best reality show ever.

CCPrescott 01-28-03 07:36 PM

Agreed....Bring back The Amazing Race!!

I've already had enough of these talent search shows like Star Search and American Idol and I don't even watch them. Just from hearing all the hype and promos for them is enough for me. Especially when all they show on the promos is all the no talent ass clowns that are just trying to get on TV to be insulted by a stuck up british guy.

Chris

DrRingDing 01-28-03 10:32 PM

okay, who's going to start the petition and accompanying website?! gawd, this pisses me off SO MUCH! i'm not going to be around US TV during the summer... kl;ajsdfl;kjasd;lrth;alkhdglkdah;lkg;lksdag;lk

grrr... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
this is my favorite show. grrrrrrrrrrrrr...
-di doctor-

dolphinboy 01-28-03 11:18 PM

Originally posted by CCPrescott
Agreed....Bring back The Amazing Race!!

I've already had enough of these talent search shows like Star Search and American Idol and I don't even watch them. Just from hearing all the hype and promos for them is enough for me. Especially when all they show on the promos is all the no talent ass clowns that are just trying to get on TV to be insulted by a stuck up british guy.

Chris

But what about the terrible Star shortage that our country is currently in the midst of?

nny 01-29-03 12:37 AM

I'm be happy to wait for summer. There's not enough to watch on tv during the summer. Also, with less competition, they'll get better ratings. CBS can pair it with Big Brother and I'll be happy.

big whoppa 01-29-03 04:48 AM

The new Star Search is OK. Some pretty good singers. But TAR is fabulouso!! I can wait.

Now who needs another Survivor so soon? Please!

Struz 01-29-03 08:05 AM

I hope this is not definite.
AR is my favorite show.

I want it now not in the summer.

:(

Skorp 02-01-03 05:00 AM

The decision to keep "Star Search" going means that Wednesday-night reality entry "Amazing Race," which is currently filming its fourth installment, may not return until late spring or summer.
The "Star Search" extension is only for 9 episodes. If it begins on Februrary 19 and airs twice a week, it should be done before the end of March.

Since TAR4 was supposed to begin on February 26, I bet we get it starting on March 26 instead. So the delay should only be a month, and hardly what I'd call "late spring or summer". Someone at CNN mustn't own a calendar. ;)

Damfino 02-02-03 04:09 AM

Originally posted by Patman
It's like the Gong Show without the gong :yack:

SunMonkey 02-11-03 08:37 PM

Has anyone heard anything new about The Amazing Race 4? CBS doesn't even have it listed on their website.

DrRingDing 02-19-03 03:12 PM

*twitch* *twitch* *partial single-eye shudder* *twitch* *cough* *twitch* buh... buh... *twitch* *twitch*

sorry... i'm apparently going through withdrawl..
-di doctor-

big whoppa 02-20-03 04:47 PM

It takes alot of work setting up the locations and plots so I can understand why it would be back on so quickly.

jkester 02-20-03 10:22 PM

channel 9 wed/thurs but its terrible-you're missing nothing

csim 03-09-03 02:55 PM

Does anyone have any new information about the amazing race 4. And when will it start.