Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ed 1-15-02 Partners

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-03, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts
Ed 1-15-02 Partners

Welcome to the Ed Thread. Twelve hours till the show. I am going to start the thread.
Spoiler:
Looks like Ed and Frankie start spending time together and they work on a case where a brother tries to keep his sister from gaying him out. He says he is not gay. Looks like confusion in the Stuckeyville courthouse. It also appears that Carol Vessey might be getting jealous of Frankie.
Enjoy the show and please feel free to post anything about the show.
Old 01-15-03, 08:02 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Can't wait!
Old 01-15-03, 12:16 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Hurray!
Old 01-15-03, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D'oh! Last week's episode was in widescreen on the HDTV feed. This week it's back to 4x3. What's the deal?
Old 01-15-03, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was a pretty weak episode, IMO. None of the storylines went anywhere, but I was happy to see Dr Jerome back!
Old 01-15-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by guildda
D'oh! Last week's episode was in widescreen on the HDTV feed. This week it's back to 4x3. What's the deal?
Was in Full HD here in Chicago. Maybe it was just your station.
Old 01-15-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Can anyone give me a run through of the show - I missed and I couldn't tape it, because the wife had to have Dawson's Creek taped. I'd appreciate it thanks - all I was able to watch was the first five minutes.
Old 01-15-03, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 811 Likes on 600 Posts
I thought it was just great tv. Sabrina Lloyd makes the show. Tonight's episode had the fast-paced sports night feel during the scenes with Ed and Frankie. The episode set up a few things that could happen.
Spoiler:
Carol has decided not to date bad guys and maybe she will finally decide Ed is her soulmate and have her start pursuing Ed. Ed and Frankie got to know each other better maybe setting up a possible romance.
The show has really got a boost from Sabrina Lloyd.
Old 01-15-03, 09:34 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
Was in Full HD here in Chicago. Maybe it was just your station.
Actually I figured out it was the stupid winter weather alert that was causing it. Thanks..

Oh yeah, Sabrina Lloyd really is great. Enjoy her here even more than on Sportsnight
Old 01-15-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Sabrina Lloyd would do better on West Wing. And I think West Wing would do better as a show about the behind-the-scenes at a nightly national Sports show.
Old 01-15-03, 10:23 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Great to have Dr. Jerome back!

That guy cracks me up.
Old 01-15-03, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
ed and frankie are SOOOOO gonna do it
Old 01-15-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome back Dr. Jerome! Only thing wrong with this episode was the rather dull court case, everything else added up to the best episode of the season.

We don't need Ed and Frankie doing it This show needs a break from that nonsense. I don't think they have any plans for that anytime soon anyway since Frankie lives with her boyfriend. If Ed turns into a homewrecker the show is back to becoming a soap opera and giving me a headache. I like the relationship they have now, and it gets the show back in the courtroom.

I just don't get why the women all thought the 20's murder mystery party was nerdy. Seemed like something Ed would've hosted and they all would've gone along with that. Best idea Carol came up with was to watch a movie.
Old 01-16-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Roto
Welcome back Dr. Jerome! Only thing wrong with this episode was the rather dull court case, everything else added up to the best episode of the season.

We don't need Ed and Frankie doing it This show needs a break from that nonsense. I don't think they have any plans for that anytime soon anyway since Frankie lives with her boyfriend. If Ed turns into a homewrecker the show is back to becoming a soap opera and giving me a headache. I like the relationship they have now, and it gets the show back in the courtroom.

I just don't get why the women all thought the 20's murder mystery party was nerdy. Seemed like something Ed would've hosted and they all would've gone along with that. Best idea Carol came up with was to watch a movie.
Because they took it WAY too seriously. If Ed hosted it, it would've been a lot more tongue in cheek, esp with Phil & bowling bowl gang involved.
Old 01-16-03, 08:00 AM
Admin Emeritus

I think Sabrina Lloyd would do better on West Wing. And I think West Wing would do better as a show about the behind-the-scenes at a nightly national Sports show.
Would Martin Sheen and his Secretary of State be the anchors? And Allison Janney could play the Felicity Huffman role. An hour of Sports Ni... er... Sports Wing? Sounds good to me!

Carol Vessey: "There is something wrong with me." Finally, you've caught up to the viewing audience.

And I can't/don't believe that Frankie's weak-ass "alcoholic intervention" thing would've stumped Ed. It took me about .5 seconds. Speaking of Frankie, did her quoting Dirty Harry give anyone else the hot? Or just me?

Dr. Jerome would fit right in on Scrubs. "I know inanimate objects don't feel fear." HA!

And I am outraged at the exclusion of relish as a valid hot dog condiment.
Old 01-16-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm a ketchup and onions man, myself.

And I love Frankie. She's so cute. Although Carol did look pretty cute in this episode. I'll be really curious to see how this all plays out although I stilll don't like the idea of Ed breaking up Frankie's existing relationship especially since we haven't really seen Leon (or was it Larry), her boyfriend, all that much except for the back of his head in the last episode.
Old 01-16-03, 12:53 PM
Suspended

Good episode... But what about next weeks episode? Looks like a shocker!
Old 01-16-03, 01:00 PM
Suspended

Oh, does anyone here by Frankies BF story? I seriously doubt she has one. I bet her "BF" is her brother or something. Why would she move out to Stuckyville with her "BF" who builds water slides? Its such a BS story.
Old 01-16-03, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Static Cling
Would Martin Sheen and his Secretary of State be the anchors? And Allison Janney could play the Felicity Huffman role. An hour of Sports Ni... er... Sports Wing? Sounds good to me!

Now you got it! They already have Joshua Malina and Janel Moloney too.

Dr. Jerome would fit right in on Scrubs. "I know inanimate objects don't feel fear." HA!
That'd be interesting; though the guy they have now does a pretty good job too.
Old 01-16-03, 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling

this would be awesome. i'm in.

as for frankie, sabrina lloyd really picks the cast up. i hope she sticks around on some tv show as her fast pace and vernacular would be great to see often. she seems like she would have been a better lorelai on the gilmore girls (but i stopped watching, it got lame). i honestly think she would do good on west wing. i think sorking should get all the sports night people back together on west wing, then every new episode we could gradually see the white house turn into a newsroom and the west wing characters slowly get phased out.
Old 01-16-03, 03:28 PM

Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Oh, does anyone here by Frankies BF story? I seriously doubt she has one. I bet her "BF" is her brother or something. Why would she move out to Stuckyville with her "BF" who builds water slides? Its such a BS story.
Ed met (and we saw) Frankie's BF in a restaurant the night she was first on the show.
Old 01-16-03, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm glad to have Dr. Jerome back as a semi-regular. It was because of his wonderful sarcasm in the first episode that made me a return viewer. Also hilarious was Dr. Mike sending Phil in to sabotage Dr. Jerome's practice.

"Will you be paying cash, or should I bill Dr. Burton directly?"
"I'd go with the latter."

Honk!
Old 01-16-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now you got it! They already have Joshua Malina and Janel Moloney too.
Not to mention Chris, Will and Dave--the technical directors of the show. Elliott's there too.
Old 01-16-03, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Not to mention Chris, Will and Dave--the technical directors of the show. Elliott's there too.
I don't remember exactly who these people are; I remember a fat white guy and a black guy with long dreads in a ponytail. Are these guys called Chris, Will, Dave? Who was Elliott again?
Old 01-16-03, 06:55 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
They're on TWW?! Ha!

I don't completely recall who Chris, Will, and Dave are... but one of them was the black guy with dready hair, one guy was a pretty generic looking white guy, and another guy was a fatter white guy.

If I had to bet money: Will is the guy with dreads. Beyond that, I'm unsure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.