24: Season 2 - Hour 10 - 01/14/03

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24: Season 2 - Hour 10 - 01/14/03

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-03, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guessed right on the Marie part but the Sherry stuff came out of nowhere (although I probably should have seen that coming considering how much of a backstabbing b***h she was last season). I still can't figure out what her angle is.

I wonder if Pres. Palmer has someone behind the scenes keeping an eye on her and her "connections." I have a feeling that he'll get the last laugh when all is said and done.

I wonder if Syed Ali is simply using Marie the same way that she was using Reza.

Chances are I'm WAAAAAAY of base with this one, but for some reason, I'm guessing there might eventually be some sort of cliffhanger with Jack and Syed facing off. Syed grabs Marie and holds her hostage as Kate looks on. Syed, having no concern for Marie (although she thinks otherwise, being in love with him) either kills her or uses her as a shield to escape. Kate blames Jack for her death, which brings back the pain he felt when he lost his wife in Season 1, thereby giving them a common connection of losing someone close to them as a result of Jack's involvement with CTU.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Kim died somehow before the day is over, making Jack very, very p'd off, setting up Season 3 in which he breaks from CTU, does one more job on his own for Pres. Palmer as a favor, and goes completely nuts on anyone who gets in his way!

It's too bad Syed's buddy took the cyanide pill. He and Jack could have sat down over coffee to discuss their favorite methods of torture.
Old 01-15-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the show really wants to be cool, Kim should die sending Jack over the deep end, and in Season 3 ... he's the bad guy. Palmer subsequently resigns from office, and goes into commando mode to hunt Jack through the streets of LA.

das
Old 01-15-03, 10:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
If the show really wants to be cool, Kim should die sending Jack over the deep end, and in Season 3 ... he's the bad guy. Palmer subsequently resigns from office, and goes into commando mode to hunt Jack through the streets of LA.

das

That would be great.

"Pardon this Mr. President"
Old 01-15-03, 11:01 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by MrX
"Pardon this Mr. President"

Damn, I was drinking a coke when I read that! Now I have coke all over my papers because I spit it out laughling!
Old 01-15-03, 11:17 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Great episode!

Can you imagine how mad Pres Palmer is going to be at Sherri when he finds out she was against him from the beginning. Remember last year when he looked like he was going to hit her a few times. His reaction is going to be over the top. I suspect she will be killed off this year before we see this reaction or maybe he will have someone else do it. But she is a great evil character. The other assistant has got to be checking her out behind the scenes.

Let Reza die. He is not longer useful in the storyline.

What the heck is Kim going to do now! Get kidnapped by that crazy dad! She is going to get in the way I am sure of it. I thought it was humorous that she didn't think twice about leaving her boyfriend.

Tony and Michelle. Man is he a sucker. I see 0-2 coming. That was a great line from Tony. "So your saying if we don't die from a nuclear bomb maybe we could do dinner and a movie?" Classic

They need to put Nina in a straigth-jacket. She is going to be back.

What's up with all the torture themes this season. We get a Reservoir Dog's Scene every episode.

Last edited by el_jer; 01-15-03 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-15-03, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by el_jer

Spoiler:
What's up with all the torture themes this season. Next week we see the head of the CSA getting juiced. We get a Reservoir Dog's Scene every episode.
Thanks. I made it this far without seeing spoilers like this for the next episode. And now I've seen some. Thanks again.
Old 01-15-03, 11:35 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
Thanks. I made it this far without seeing spoilers like this for the next episode. And now I've seen some. Thanks again.
Truly Sorry. post edited.
Old 01-15-03, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wish Nina had atleast injured Jack. What the hell is she thinking? Shoot him in the leg or something. Go Nina!!
Old 01-15-03, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey

Please let Kim die. Please let Kim die. Please let Kim die.

Oh c'mon... I least the whiny kid's gone... kirate kick!BF is down for the count and she's jiggl....er... running again...
Old 01-15-03, 03:20 PM

I, for one, really liked the Tony and Michelle scene.

Also, I wonder if maybe Jack whispered something like, "I'm going to kill you," to Tina. I mean, Tina's already done nothing but say "Jack's gonna kill me" to everyone she can, so no harm done to Jack if he actually says to her, "Yup, I'm gonna kill ya..."
Old 01-15-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I saw it right from an F/X teaser during the 24 hour labor day marathon
Spoiler:
Kate and Jack have a love scene, and the two fall in love.
it was a quick flash so I don't know if its true but I sure hope it isn't true.
Old 01-15-03, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It is.

BTW, it's Nina.
Old 01-15-03, 05:03 PM

Originally posted by rfduncan
Speaking of injuries... did Jack just pull that piece of plane out of his leg last week and just keep on truckin' like nothing happened? Yeesh!
Good call!! I forgot all about that!! LOL

I absolutely LOVE this show! For me, the 3 week hiatus is perfect; my wife and I are going to vacation, and were complaining that we'd have to tape 24, then Fox announced it wouldn't be on again until Feb 4rth... we come home the 2nd!

...not that anyone really cares, but I thought I'd share!
Old 01-15-03, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When Bruce Lee Jr. was lying in the police SUV all banged up, with blood on his chin...
Did anyone else think he looks a lot like Nina? Is it possible there's a connection? I guess he's too old to be Nina's son. Maybe her brother?
Yeah! Nina enlisted her brother to befriend and kill Kim!

I'm reaching now
Old 01-15-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

capt: I really dont think that Marie would have a silenced pistol if she wasn't tied to the terrorists.

I'm trying to figure out how exactly the terrorist/bomb thread of the story is tied to the faction that is going after Palmer/tried to blow up Jack's plane. Are the faction after Palmer the ones that are controlling the bomb, or is the bomb just a fake out? Or do they just know about the bomb, and are trying to prevent Palmer, Jack, and company from finding it? Or something else...
Personally, at this point I dont think the terrorists are aware of the government faction that is up to no good. I'm sure I'll be wrong though
Old 01-15-03, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe the government faction knew about the bomb from before, but is just trying to make the bomb a reality so they can throw out the current president and put themselves in power...... mmm... crack good...
Old 01-16-03, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Originally posted by rfduncan
Come on, das... you KNOW it ain't gonna happen! I mean this episode is a classic example... everyone in that police SUV was busted to sh!t EXCEPT Kim who managed to escape with little more injury than a fat lip.
It helps when you come standard with a pair of airbags in your front! Did you see her running away from the crash scene? She looked like the next contestant on Celebrity Mole.

I liked the episode a lot and maybe I'm a little slow here but totally didn't see the Marie thing coming until she showed up at the office. But anyone who thought Lady McPalmer was on the level, shame on you!
I think David still knows something is up with his ex and may be setting a trap for her. Just my hunch.