DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   What happened to Deep Space 9? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/262548-what-happened-deep-space-9-a.html)

Captain Harlock 01-08-03 11:12 PM

What happened to Deep Space 9?

I haven't seen a Star Trek DS9 re-run in a while. Are they in a moratorium while the DVD box sets are being released?

bboisvert 01-08-03 11:59 PM

I don't know why DS9 doesn't show up on TV now... but I suspect it has more to do with lack of interest from stations rather than any sort of DVD-related moratorium. The TNG DVD sets certainly haven't prevented TNN from showing a constant stream of episodes.

elektra 01-09-03 05:50 AM

I haven't seen it in our local line up in a while, but it could just be on later after I've gone to bed. Personally, I can't wait for the boxed sets. I can watch when I want without those annoying bugs at the bottom of the screen.

Josh-da-man 01-09-03 06:10 AM

Does anyone show Voyager, either?

I remember one of my local affiliates showing DS9 re-runs at really odd times, like Sunday afternoons or really late at night. Haven't seen any in a couple of years, though.

DS9 is easily the strongest of the Trek sequel series.

Orbi-Wan Techno 01-09-03 06:16 AM

We have a local affiliate who shows DS9 every Saturday at 9 p.m. WSKY, channel 4. Hampton Roads VA

TK-421 01-09-03 09:19 AM

I thought I read this online somewhere, so classify it as a rumor rather than truth, but Paramont is just letting all the DS9 TV licenses expire, so as they run out less and less stations are showing the show. 2004 is when DS9 starts its run on TNN (with the godawful streaming banner at the bottom)

Wizdar 01-09-03 10:13 AM

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Does anyone show Voyager, either?
L.A. UPN affiliate shows them at 3AM weekdays. Same timeslot they used to show DS9 until a few months after the news that TNN had acquired the series.

Jadzia 01-09-03 12:38 PM

It hasn't been on in the Detroit market for a few years now.

I am really jonesing for the DVDs!

daledude 01-09-03 01:08 PM

They were showing DS9 here in houston, but they quit since the new year started. It really sucks because they were about 5 or 6 episodes from the series finale.

We still get Voyager.

kcdny 01-09-03 01:42 PM

UPN 9 here in New York shows Voyager at 6pm then the Enterprise re-run from the Wednesday previous at 7pm both on Sundays. In fact just last week they aired The Caretaker Part I, Part II will be shown this Sunday. For all the Voyager haters that was the pilot. Have not seen DS9 in ages.

The Antipodean 01-09-03 04:46 PM

It actually shows here at 8 p.m. every night in Oregon on some rinky dink local syndicated station. It started with the first season so it's still in the not-so-great episodes right now.

clemente 01-09-03 06:37 PM

Enterprise and Voyager run as a block on Saturday nights in Chicago.

As for DS9 repeats....I wish.

mikehunt 01-09-03 08:37 PM

they stopped ds9 reruns a while ago in buffalo :(

Wizdar 01-10-03 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
I am really jonesing for the DVDs!
Me too. :drool: I'll likely have a complete DS9 collection before I get all of TNG.

CCPrescott 01-10-03 10:54 PM

The Philly UPN station was showing DS9 reruns one day a week at 3 or 4 in the morning. From what an insomniac co-worker told me they were mostly last season episodes and out of order. I don't know of any stations in Philly that show Voyager. Not that I wanna see it. ;)

Chris