Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ED 1-08-03 "Frankie" [casting spoiler] joins the cast

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
ED 1-08-03 "Frankie" Sabrina Lloyd joins the cast

Welcome to the Ed thread. Sabrina Lloyd joins the cast in this episode and plays Frankie a law grad who becomes partners with Ed. It looks to be a very good episode. FYI This will not be another new episode until 1-22-03 according to Stuckeyville.com. Enjoy the show!
Old 01-07-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Now we're starting threads a full 20 hours before air time? Shave my poodle!

Honk!
Old 01-08-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Charlie Goose •<HR SIZE=1>Now we're starting threads a full 20 hours before air time? Shave my poodle!<HR SIZE=1>

Not that I agree with it, but there's been a trend of starting threads a good 3-5 days in advance for the past few months now. God knows why.

As for Ed, just when I thought I'd finally gotten out, they pull me back in!!! Sabrina Lloyd

das
Old 01-08-03, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think that it is fine to start a thread if there is a legitimate reason to, like to discuss a plot point, or a different air time, but there is absolutely no need just to start a thread just to say "welcome to the thread of this show for this date....share your thoughts here". It is a needless post that adds nothing to the conversation.

Anyway, I just got through watching all of Sports Night last week, and I loved it. I missed it on ABC (mostly because of all of the schedule changing), but I am really glad that I picked it up on DVD (I didn't really like the Jeremy character though, but I digress). I can't wait to see Ed with Sabrina Lloyd in it. Too bad her role seems only to be a brief multi-episode arc.
Old 01-08-03, 08:35 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Edited thread title for the "OMG CASTING SPOILER" crew.

If you guys have a problem with a thread being open, report it. Otherwise, let it die with no posts in it. I don't think there's a problem with starting a thread the day of the show. MarkHoltz started TAR threads a full week before each show, but no one flipped out about that.
Old 01-08-03, 08:43 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
After tonight, no new episode 'till Jan 22nd,
Old 01-08-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Static Cling •<HR SIZE=1>Edited thread title for the "OMG CASTING SPOILER" crew.

If you guys have a problem with a thread being open, report it. Otherwise, let it die with no posts in it. I don't think there's a problem with starting a thread the day of the show. MarkHoltz started TAR threads a full week before each show, but no one flipped out about that.
<HR SIZE=1>

Apples and oranges. His threads were polls on who would be elimiinated the next week. Pretty senseless to start the poll after the current episode aired.

Note: I'm not posting to start an argument on this topic in this thread ... just felt that needed clarification.

das
Old 01-08-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agreed. A poll for a reality show is different than this. If there was a second thread started, it would be locked and called a duplicate thread anyway.

Now, back to talk about "Ed"!
Old 01-08-03, 09:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by das Monkey
Apples and oranges. His threads were polls on who would be elimiinated the next week. Pretty senseless to start the poll after the current episode aired.

Note: I'm not posting to start an argument on this topic in this thread ... just felt that needed clarification.

das
Understood and agreed. I was mainly echoing your observation that there has been a trend of starting threads early.

Back to more important and interesting topics: Sabrina Lloyd. She's got moxie.

Also: Stuckeyville.com may be incorrect. My TiVo states that it'll be recording a new Ed episode (also guest-starring Sabrina Lloyd) for me on 1/15.
Old 01-08-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

All right I just started the thread when I was up last night couldn't sleep and didn't have anything better to do. BigJim posts his Everwood and Gilmore Girls threads around six o'clock the day before the show. I asked static about posting early and he said that he didn't mind if threads were started the day before the show. Now that I got that off my mind I can't wait to see Sabrina Lloyd tonight.
Old 01-08-03, 11:24 AM
Admin Emeritus

Fire bad! Frankie good!
Old 01-08-03, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't remember it was determined in the earlier threads or not, but the actor that plays Mark, who is getting the gastric bypass on the show, is also getting it in real life. The show will pretty much mirror what he goes through.
Old 01-08-03, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's Sabrina Lloyd? And Das, you watch more TV than can possibly be healthy for any rooted plant, much less a human being. They should do a study on TV radiation effects with you.
Old 01-08-03, 07:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

*sputter* Who's Sabrina Lloyd?! *sigh* She is just one of the many reasons Sports Night should have been allowed to remain alive. She was also on Sliders.

I'm not done watching the show yet... but I can't believe they cast the whitest girl in Stuckeyville High to utter the line "playa just got played."
Old 01-08-03, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Lloyd,+Sabrina

probably most well known for her roll on Sports Night (which was bugging the living hell out of me!!!!!! Thanks imdb.com )
Old 01-08-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I can't believe they cast the whitest girl in Stuckeyville High to utter the line "playa just got played."
It was that, or incur the wrath of the N.A.A.A.C.P.
Old 01-08-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
does she slide out at the end?
Old 01-08-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there an opposite term for jump the shark? 'Cause I thought that tonight's show should cement Ed as one of the best tv shows on network television. I think it was one of the best shows since the first season.

There are more good and interesting characters on this show than on anything else I can think of. Adding Sabrina Lloyd just made it better. I hope more people tune in now and this storyline leads to her being a permant member of the cast. She was excellent. She had the perfect sense of humor, look, timing and mannerisms to be the female Ed.

Warren is actually getting better when he could have become annoying. I loved when he was out with that REALLY cute girl and the pig and his cousin said "I'm your cousin, we used to take baths together."

Molly had some quality time to set up as the new principal, although she should have kept the Foo Fighters picture up. Mike is always funny too. He's the perfect best friend.

And Julie Bowen is actually getting more beautiful every week. How is that possible?

I thougt this episode really did a great job perfectly balancing the comedy and drama. Ed the lawyer was terrrific and the storyline about the stomach reduction is actually very interesting without being preachy at all. 400 calories a day? Wow. That's gotta be tough. I certainly couldn't imagine life without my libido.

Can't wait 'til next week. I might even be a dad by then. Life is good.
Old 01-08-03, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode tonight. Who do you all think Ed should hook up with Frankie or Carol? Well he could probably do both if it was written right. The whole thing with Frankie having a boyfriend could slighten the chances of a hook-up especially since Sabrina Lloyd will only be on for six episodes or so.
Old 01-08-03, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ed will have a good situation to be in. having to choose between carol and frankie that is. even though she didn't look quite as good as she did on sports night, sabrina lloyd still looks pretty damn good. as for the show, i thought that it was pretty good, although i didn't think much of the case that ed had.

oh yeah, are we positive that there is no new ed next week? usually when they wait a week they either say something or don't have a promo (which they did).
Old 01-08-03, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by kevin75
ed will have a good situation to be in. having to choose between carol and frankie that is. even though she didn't look quite as good as she did on sports night, sabrina lloyd still looks pretty damn good. as for the show, i thought that it was pretty good, although i didn't think much of the case that ed had.

oh yeah, are we positive that there is no new ed next week? usually when they wait a week they either say something or don't have a promo (which they did).
I would kill to be in Ed's situation and I think there will be a new ep. next week. It appears Stuckeyville.com the top Ed site was wrong.
Old 01-08-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Now this was a fun episode, moved very swiftly with 3 storylines, and for the most part, all very watchable.

Am I the only one that thinks Sabrina Lloyd looks like one of Carol's sister if she had brown hair (not her younger sister that we saw previously). Lloyd brought her rapid fire reparte from her stint on Sports Night, and Ed just rolled with anything she dished out.

Mark's stomach's last big meal was also fun, Eli cracks me up. Cheswick...is Cheswick.

Molly's storyline was a little predictable, but you have to wonder how Carol and Molly's relationship is going to be affected when Molly is now her boss.
Old 01-08-03, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent episode. The post-it in the final scene was sly. Ed is smooth.

My only problem with the episode is that in order for Ed to get the girl, he's going to have to break up an already existing relationship. Why is he only attracted to women already seeing other men? Granted, there did seem to be some sparkage but still . . that just seems morally wrong to me. Anyway, my 2 cents.

And the last meal was a nice touch. Eli must be a wordly talented in order to be able to make all that stuff and be able to run a bowling alley. The guy is awesome.
Old 01-09-03, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by tofu
My only problem with the episode is that in order for Ed to get the girl, he's going to have to break up an already existing relationship. Why is he only attracted to women already seeing other men? Granted, there did seem to be some sparkage but still . . that just seems morally wrong to me. Anyway, my 2 cents.
maybe she will break up with her boyfriend.

anybody want to lay odds on how long it will be before the inevitable molly/carol storyline of work/friendship conflict?
Old 01-09-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
This was definitely one of the better episodes of the season. I liked seeing Sabrina Lloyd ('Frankie') do her thing on the show, it is a good addition, if only temporary.

My favorite part of the show this season has been the addition of Daryl Mitchell as 'Eli', he has been great in everything so far. It is good to see him working after his awful motorcycle accident.

I really didn't like the Carol/Molly storyline last night, it was just kind of dumb, like Principal Molly's picture said. I give it two weeks before the teacher and principal go head to head w/ Nancy the guidance counselor stuck in the middle of the whole mess.

I wonder how long it will be before Ed gives Frankie her performance bonus? two or three episodes?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.