DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boomtown 1/5 Monster's Brawl (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/262123-boomtown-1-5-monsters-brawl.html)

BDB 01-07-03 09:40 AM

Boomtown 1/5 Monster's Brawl

This was my favourite episode of Boomtown so far, there was some incredible acting from Donnie.

The storyline was intense, and it was so hard on those parents, to discover that there son was dead.

I loved how they dealt with his wife's incident, it was perfect, he was able to talk to fearless about it but he needed time.

Brilliant show for sure

djbrown 01-07-03 10:51 AM

Re: Boomtown 1/5 Monster's Brawl

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
This was my favourite episode of Boomtown so far, there was some incredible acting from Donnie.

The storyline was intense, and it was so hard on those parents, to discover that there son was dead.

I loved how they dealt with his wife's incident, it was perfect, he was able to talk to fearless about it but he needed time.

Brilliant show for sure

Yep. Another solid effort from the Boomtown gang. Who knew that "Sam Gorpley" (Perfect Strangers reference) would re-surface a decade later....

Shemp 01-07-03 11:58 AM

I love this show and I agree, this was probably my favorite episode as well. The final scene where Donnie explains to Fearless about his wife was just devastating.

Great stuff all around!

Odie 01-07-03 01:47 PM

Great ep, I agree.

Did anyone notice how they dealt with a common TV/movie cliche? When David answers the phone at the beginning, it is implied that the caller says "turn on the TV" but in reply he says "what channel?" BRILLIANT! The fact that the TV happened to turn on to that exact channel is beside the point of course :)

lisadoris 01-07-03 04:41 PM

First David said "I don't watch TV" then he said what channel. That I thought was pretty funny. Best episode so far. My only question is about the report showing up at the meeting. Has it been mentioned before that her father was an alcoholic or did the writers just slip that in there to have some closure in the episode.

Groucho 01-07-03 04:46 PM

It has been mentioned that her father was an alcoholic in an earlier episode (the one with "Coyote Man.")

They need to ditch the reporter and the paramedic characters. Most of the time their inclusion in episodes is awkward and forced.

movieking 01-07-03 08:20 PM

They will likely grow their characters larger in the weeks ahead. I too liked the episode. I had given up on this show for the last month or so, but if the episodes continue to be as good as this one, I might have to start watching again.

Deftones 01-07-03 10:05 PM

I thought thish was the best show of the season, next to the pilot. Also, seeing Doogie Howser do bad stuff, makes me chuckle. :lol:

lisadoris 01-08-03 08:00 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
It has been mentioned that her father was an alcoholic in an earlier episode (the one with "Coyote Man.")
Thanks, I missed that episode. That will teach me to set my VCR on Sunday nights!

BT 01-09-03 12:15 PM

Good episode... although there was a little too much flashback for my taste. And everyone's an alcoholic!! :p

-BT