TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 12/17/2002

Old 12-18-02, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it looks like that jack and crew might die in this explosion. i didnt see it comming at the end.
Old 12-18-02, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The CIA may know about the nuke in L.A. and might have even been part of the planning. I should've known that they wouldn't show terrorists exploding a nuke as part of their own agenda. Having a government conspiracy is "safer".

Honk!
Old 12-18-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm telling y'all, keep your eyes on Marie, she's the key, the one who's letting Reza take the fall. The writers have spent an inordinate amount of time/pressure on Reza to deflect the spotlight form Marie.

Anyhow, quite the episode for the end of its first act this season. Only 16 more to go!

I'm thinking Jack and Nina are the only 2 to parachute to safety off the airplace in the next hour (with only 1 parachute - imagine Jack and Nina in tight, rigid embrace because each one needs the other for all the wrong reasons).

Kim, Kim, Kim...not much more to say. Makes you wonder what the cop is going to do with that info.

That hacker dude with Kate was the same actor on the Sopranos who got whacked in season 2 or 3.

Palmer's got problems. Will they introduce the Vice President in the coming episodes?

I predict that Jack and Kate will become intertwined towards the 3rd act of this season. The CIA connection will become a part of the rest of the season.
Old 12-18-02, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
What happened between Reza and Mason? I turned away from the television for 30 seconds, all of a sudden they were in a rumble?
Mason went into the waiting room and grabbed FAHEED by the throat and threw him up against the wall trying to gte info out of him...

I guess having radiation makes you a little "tense"
Old 12-18-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"That hacker dude" is the private detective Kate hired to do the snooping on Reza... he is obviously tied to a federal agency himself becuase:

1 - After he told Kate about the suspicion of Reza (which may be a red herring), CTU shows up asking questions.

2 - He inserted a USB memory fob into the back of Kate's father's PC before he did anything. I don't think the PC started an auto-delete as much as I think he was dumping everything to the fob.

3 - Someone kidnaps both of them RIGHT AFTER the P.I. is able to get the info off the PC.

All very suspicious.

The terrorist perspective may seem odd to some, but it is crucial to the storyline. I think we're going to need to know where the bomb is at all times so that we can see when Nina is telling the truth or lying. It is more interesting story telling if we know when she's creating a ruse than watching Jack being led on wild goose chases.

Great episode - the whole plane thing at the end had me saying "Holy sh!t!" aloud too!
Old 12-18-02, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rfduncan

1 - After he told Kate about the suspicion of Reza (which may be a red herring), CTU shows up asking questions.

Didn't he say that he's required by law to report any terorist stuff to Homeland Security? (Kinda funny they mention Homeland Security which is a real organization instead of CTU which is the fake one.)

Of course, if he is just a PI and uncovered these ties to a known terrorist, you'd have to think that CTU would have already found this out on their own.

I can't recall how CTU first got the lead. Were they tipped by the PI? I seem to recall they were just following up on all known ties to the terrorist guy. I thought the daughter was just being self-absorbed thinking she was the one who caused the interrogation.

Kim Kim Kim -- who didn't yell at the TV set every time she was whining on the phone to her dad? I loved how he just ended up hanging up on her when Nina killed that guy. I also thought it was funny how every time Jack asked Mason to take care of Kim he was like "Will do" and basically rolling his eyes at the whole situation. he had this "whatever!" look on his face.

I perhaps watch too much TV but I was laughing at a few unintentional references to other shows. When Kim told the cop about the nuke, all I could think about was Larry David saying "There's going to a terrorist attack in Los Angeles" on that Curb Your Enthusiam episode.

And when the father revealed himself as a CIA agent, I turned to my husband and laughed "I bet he actually works for SD-6!" My husband doesn't watch Alias but he still got the joke.

I love how it's all "top-secret" he works for them but he carries a friggin' ID card in his wallet.

Did anyone notice that scene with the plane, how low-budget the explosion looked? I ran it back and it looked like a bad model.

Last edited by Jadzia; 12-18-02 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-18-02, 01:09 PM

I want the little kid to die. Why is she so special? Why did Kim risk arrest by taking her out of the hospital??? I know she won't be killed, but it would be an unexpected twist to the show. More importantly, maybe Kim would think, "I should have left L.A. after bringing her to the hospital. I wouldn't be arrested for murder if I left already!"
Old 12-18-02, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want the little kid to die.
I agree. As I said in last week's thread it's not as if she has a mom who will miss her anymore.
Old 12-18-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
You'd think Jack Bauer would be used to having really crappy things happening to him at the top of every hour...
Old 12-18-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
I foresee Kim becoming Megan's legal guardian in between season two and season three. Ugh. Kim needs to go away.
Old 12-18-02, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by mthiel
I want the little kid to die. Why is she so special? Why did Kim risk arrest by taking her out of the hospital??? I know she won't be killed, but it would be an unexpected twist to the show. More importantly, maybe Kim would think, "I should have left L.A. after bringing her to the hospital. I wouldn't be arrested for murder if I left already!"
You cant kill a kid on tv can you??..

Isn't that like a violation of the FCC or something
Old 12-18-02, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The guy who came out to the house was not the original P.I. he was his "partner" does anyone else find this a little fishy? If it was the CIA or someone else he could be in cahoots with them but it is funny that they were kidnapped after he got there.

I think the people involved in this may also be the people from the first season that Nina was working for and were never caught which would make sense since they were German (I believe) that the father could be involved with them. The "Terrorists " could also be patsys because they would be setting them up due to skin color. Of course this is just one theory I am working on.
Old 12-18-02, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
Kim Kim Kim -- who didn't yell at the TV set every time she was whining on the phone to her dad? I loved how he just ended up hanging up on her when Nina killed that guy. I also thought it was funny how every time Jack asked Mason to take care of Kim he was like "Will do" and basically rolling his eyes at the whole situation. he had this "whatever!" look on his face.
You could almost hear him muttering under his breath "Criminy, at least my worthless kid doesn't call every five minutes..."
Old 12-18-02, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by teddydogg
I think the people involved in this may also be the people from the first season that Nina was working for and were never caught which would make sense since they were German (I believe) that the father could be involved with them. The "Terrorists " could also be patsys because they would be setting them up due to skin color.
Well, especially since Reza's prospective new family looks like it should be in a Leni Reifenstahl film, maybe there is a neo-Nazi connection. I agree that the other daughter likely isn't the clueless Tweety Bird she appears to be.
Old 12-18-02, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah I wonder how many of you have the ice water in your veins to look that cop in the face and not tell him. Even if Kim had been making the correct decisions up to this point, I still think the realistic way to go is her telling him. He is a police officer after all. It's not like he wasnts to cause a panic either.

It's Jack's fault for telling her WHY she had to leave L.A. He didn't have to tell her it was a nuclear bomb. It might have taken a little more yelling at her to convince her, but she does know what he does for a living.

I think this may have been the best episode this season. There wasn't anything that had me shaking my head in disbelief and there were a lot of huge plot twists. I really like that Bob is supposed to be helping the CIA, nobody could've seen that one coming. That subplot finally got interesting, and may end up being worth the wait I evened liked Jack's little speech to Nina about his wife. Lots of emotion in this episode and I think all the actors pulled it off really nicely.
Old 12-19-02, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also...

I know Kim's rather non-threatening looking, but is it really wise to let a murder suspect ride shotgun, even if she is cuffed? That seems a little questionable. (Was anyone else worried, just for a second, that the cop was going to start pulling a Bad Lieutenant on her? )

I loved Jack's monologue. Sutherland's voice is one of the best in the business. He does things like that remarkably well.
Old 12-19-02, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Re: Also...

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
[B]I know Kim's rather non-threatening looking, but is it really wise to let a murder suspect ride shotgun, even if she is cuffed? That seems a little questionable.
I noticed that too. I also noticed that the ultra-dangerous Megan was put in the back seat of another squad car. Whew.
Old 12-19-02, 04:03 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 233 Likes on 177 Posts
Re: Re: Also...

Originally posted by juiio
I noticed that too. I also noticed that the ultra-dangerous Megan was put in the back seat of another squad car. Whew.
I don't think they put a seatbelt on her either. If the car would to stop quickly the metal cage+her head injury is not very healthy
Old 12-19-02, 11:06 AM

I'm with Roto. I loved this episode. A lot is going down, and more questions remain. Season 1 was great through week 8; I just hope season 2 doesn't have a similar fall-off. I'm expecting fantastic things.

- It is hard to believe the fate of the bomb is now in the hands of one guy. I also thought the terrorist change of heart was a bit weak, but man, killing over a million people really should make you think twice.
--I wasn't upset Kim told the cop. I can buy now that Kim wants to protect Megan the way her mom tried to protect her. Also, I like that the cop acted intelligently all the way through. Interesting to see what hell breaks loose next hour.
- The conference call on the plane was a good rib at us Kim-bashers; Kim whining to be taken care of, Jack telling her to hold on while he tries to listen in on where a nuclear bomb might be planted.
- If Sherry Palmer is 'bad' this year too, Palmer should be inducted into the sucker hall of fame.
- I just can't see how Marie could really be involved. That's a heck of a lot for a 20-something to be doing. Unless she's Sark's girlfriend
- Patman-- good catch on the PI-- now I'm thinking about him in a jogging suit and a wig getting shot.

Again, I wonder if the bomb is the big thing or if there is a bigger thing beyond the bomb? The bomb is apparently supposed to go off before midnight ('today'), so what are they going to do from midnight to 8am? Chase down another bomb, or what other plot will arise? As long as Dennis Hopper and his ludicrous accent aren't involved, I'll be fine.
Old 12-19-02, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, also, when the auto-delete sequence started, I also yelled at the TV, "UNPLUG THE COMPUTER!!!" You would think that something so basic would not escape a "hacker" like that PI.
Old 12-19-02, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i dont think that jack will die in the plane crash because
Spoiler:
even though it seems like it in the prieview, he said in an interview that he had just got done shooting 10 episodes at the begining of the show,
but i am very intersted in what happens.
Old 12-19-02, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen

- If Sherry Palmer is 'bad' this year too, Palmer should be inducted into the sucker hall of fame.
Palmer has a way of looking clueless to all those around him and yet when push comes to shove, he's often been in control from the first (i.e. last year's attempt by Sherry to have him seduced, which he was onto the whole time.) He acts like Jimmy Stewart and thinks like Machiavelli.
Old 12-19-02, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm still waiting for Jack to tell Nina how much he lives for Hockey.
Old 12-20-02, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe he'll put her into a big bathtub, all tied up and manacled, then start to pour concrete on her. "Fill up the tub. Fill up the tub."
Old 12-20-02, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
- I just can't see how Marie could really be involved. That's a heck of a lot for a 20-something to be doing. Unless she's Sark's girlfriend
Now there's a scary crossover thought! I find it more difficult to believe that the writers have just stuck her character in as window dressing. Most of the female characters on this show are dumb but they serve a purpose nonetheless.
Palmer has a way of looking clueless to all those around him and yet when push comes to shove, he's often been in control from the first (i.e. last year's attempt by Sherry to have him seduced, which he was onto the whole time.) He acts like Jimmy Stewart and thinks like Machiavelli
I really hope this is true and the writers haven't forgotten how sharp Palmer was last season. I think when the situation gets to the wire his brain cells will turn on again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.