Reload this Page >

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Old 11-03-17, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: Will Jimmy Kimmel retire in 2019?

I hope Kimmel does retire since he jumped on the Partisan Political Bandwagon. (I actually used to like Kimmel as he kind of stayed out of the partisan politican BS). I prefer the Johnny Carson Political Humor where you make fun of all Political Parties (I'm a Republican and he used to kill Dan Quayle every night but it was funny), and don't make political speeches on issues either. If you want to get political opinion, I will watch Cable News or Nightline for that.
Old 11-03-17, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 518 Likes on 446 Posts

I think in Kimmel's case it's a desperate grab for ratings. Kimmel is trying to please his bosses at ABC as this would be the time network executives would start thinking about going in another direction with late night.
Old 11-04-17, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Having a newborn son nearly die from a heart condition will change your outlook on a lot of things. Dave got super political after his son Harry was born. Actually, come to think of it, it started with 9/11. But having his son definitely made Dave more outspoken on political issues.

Of course, I'm sure the ratings boost has something to do with it as well. Let's face it, Trump's an easy target.
Old 11-04-17, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 632 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb View Post
I hope Kimmel does retire since he jumped on the Partisan Political Bandwagon. (I actually used to like Kimmel as he kind of stayed out of the partisan politican BS). I prefer the Johnny Carson Political Humor where you make fun of all Political Parties (I'm a Republican and he used to kill Dan Quayle every night but it was funny), and don't make political speeches on issues either. If you want to get political opinion, I will watch Cable News or Nightline for that.
I don't watch Kimmel but I do see the clips where he talks about health care.

Maybe you don't know what it means to be partisan, but I don't recall Kimmel ever promoting support for the Democratic party.
Old 11-04-17, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca View Post
ABC in my mind does not exist since they don't carry the NFL and have no idea what airs on their network.
Proud'a ya.
Old 08-12-21, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 243 Likes on 175 Posts
re: Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Some of you might be interested to know Sarrah Silverman is guest hosting for two nights this week, last night and tonight. She did a pretty good job last night.
Old 08-12-21, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,513 Likes on 2,346 Posts
re: Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Wow. I wouldn't ask my ex-girlfriend to house-sit for me. Glad that they are still on good terms.

The Killers play live tonight. I want to record that.
Old 08-12-21, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 310 Posts
Re: Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

I hope he never comes back and they replace him with one of the guest hosts
Old 06-03-22, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 310 Posts

Could this be the end?

I kind of liked him more when did that joke of switching shows with Fallon on April Fools Day.

It would be another late night shuffle with him and Corden leaving.

Guess Conan would have no interest in joining ABC.

Jimmy Kimmel is thinking very seriously about his future in late-night television.

Kimmel, 54, revealed he has considered ending his long-running namesake series, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, during an appearance on Variety's Awards Circuit podcast.

At this time, Kimmel's contract with ABC ends in 2023, which has prompted Kimmel to ponder his next steps.

"I wish I knew I was gonna do," he admitted. "I have moments where I go, 'I cannot do this anymore.' And I have moments where I go, 'What am I gonna do with my life if I'm not doing this anymore?' It's a very complicated thing. And there are practical considerations, and there are family and friend considerations and coworker considerations."

Kimmel continued, "Eventually, I am going to have to stop doing this. I'm not going to do this forever. I would not be honest at all if I said that I have decided one way or the other. I'm thinking about it a lot, though."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183441559.html
Old 09-21-22, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 881 Likes on 640 Posts

‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Renewed For Three More Years, Through Season 23, on ABC
Old 09-21-22, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 878 Likes on 638 Posts

Cool, out of the two Jimmys this is the one I actually like.
The following users liked this post:
B.A. (09-22-22)