Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-05, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aktick
This was about the funniest Jimmy Kimmel I've seen...Mike Tyson was a guest and dressed as a vampire. He is more insane than ever, wow. I couldn't believe some of the things he would say. Kimmel should win an Emmy for not laughing in his face.

And the house band was funny as well - they were all old wrestlers (Macho Man, Hogan, Iron Sheik, Hot Rod, Sgt. Slaughter).
The actual people or just masks?
Old 11-02-05, 11:07 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mole177
The actual people or just masks?
Haha, just costumes...but damned good ones!
Old 03-08-06, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
OK, I know, bump from hell, but this was the only "general" Jimmy Kimmel thread. All the others were for specific episodes.

I never really saw the guy outside of The Man Show and I was surprised by how funny Kimmel was. He seems to have the "regular guy" sincerity* that Letterman has always had with the self-deprecation of Conan. I'll reiterate something I've heard a lot: I prefer O'Brien and Letterman over Kimmel, but dammit if I wouldn't rather watch Kimmel when it's on. Plus they had Tony Orlando on the other day.

* Whether genuine or not.
Old 03-08-06, 05:16 PM

3 1/2 years later?

Chris
Old 03-08-06, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Do you remember when Jimmy and Michael the Maintenance Man had the boxing match, which if memory serves me correctly, Jimmy won that one.
Which is where Jimmy and Kevin and Bean met Adam Carolla. He called in to train Jimmy for the fight.
Old 03-08-06, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ovid
Which is where Jimmy and Kevin and Bean met Adam Carolla. He called in to train Jimmy for the fight.
Did you know that KROQ finally started streaming their audio about a month ago, after years of promising it!

Chris
Old 03-09-06, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I've attended a few tapings of the show and had a ball. Kimmel is a great guy in person.
Old 03-09-06, 09:01 PM
Suspended

Elisha Cuthbert was on the other night...wow was she hammered .
Old 05-16-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Jimmy Kimmel 5/15 - Snake Bite episode

So I was watching the show last night and they had an animal handler guest (typical for late night talk shows) & they bring out this crate which supposedly had a deadly snake and they had a clamp on it. Suddenly, the snake strikes across the table and bites Jimmy on the hand. The audience gasps, he cusses up a storm and starts sweating, the crew had a genuine look of concern on their faces. They bring in EMTs and he is brought out to the ambulance as the audience applauds. Seems very real.

However, they conveniently had cameras on the hallway and in the waiting ambulance; they even showed him being wheeled into the hospital room. Then Kimmel proceeds to host the show from his hospital bed (with his band playing beside him) and his guests are in hospital attire. Musical guest performs too in a bed beside him in hospital attire. Also, in one of the commercials, there is a rubber snake in a crate saying "Jimmy Kimmel will be right back". So obviously the snake bite bit was a fake.

So anyhow I'm just wondering if anyone other than me thought the snake bite initially was real. Also, does anyone have a link to the video (if there are any online?).
Old 05-16-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jimmy sat in on Howard Stern's show all morning yesterday, and spoilered this stunt. I didn't get to see it, but it sounded funny as hell. He said the Stage Manager broke out into tears, which really freaked the audience out.
Old 05-19-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
So i just watched my first full episode of Jimmy and I must ask how he is still on the air? I mean thanks for giving my fav band a shot on national television but everything else sucked. This is one of the least funny 45 minute of tv i have watched in a long time. Also Terri Hatcher is a horrible late night guest. thanks for allowing this meaningless rant
Old 05-19-06, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Jimmy has a full bar backstage. A good number of guests have done the show 'feeling no pain' as they say.

D
Old 11-11-06, 09:50 PM

Jimmy Kimmel Live 11/10/06

Last nights Kimmel episode was really scewed up on my local ABC affiliate. During the opening monolouge the editing was so off that at one point Kimmel was making a joke about Mexico City lifting it's ban on same sex marriages when suddenly the camera cut to him telling a joke about Britney & K-Fed, then it jumped back to where he was in the Mexico joke. Also when he introduced the segment that pokes fun at the FCC's censoring things that don't need to be censored again they suddenly skip back about 10 seconds and replayed the last punchline and start over again. Then when they came back from the first break, it was like someone was holding down the dump button, and totally beeped out the beginning of his conversation with Don Rickles. Did anybody else see this episode, and was this problem only with my local network, or was it national?
It was the episode with Don Rickles, Nick & Aaron Carter, & Hold Steady.
And I live in the Northeast, for reference
Old 02-05-07, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jimmy Kimmel 2/2 -- Andy Dick

Anyone see this? Hoax?
Putting Andy Dick on Live Tv isn't a good idea.

From IMDb:

Andy Dick Forcibly Removed from Talk Show

Comedian Andy Dick was forcibly removed by security during an appearance on US talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live last Friday night, after repeatedly touching guest Ivanka Trump without her permission. Trump, the daughter of real estate mogul Donald Trump, was attempting to promote her reality show The Apprentice, when Dick kept interrupting her with rude comments. The troubled comedian repeatedly rubbed Trump's legs and touched her hair, while Kimmel begged him to behave himself. When Dick asked Trump to "give him a big, fat, sloppy wet kiss right on the lips" and grabbed her arm, Kimmel called in two security guards. The talk show host carried Dick's feet and helped the guards drag him out of the studio. Trump was a good sport after the incident telling Kimmel, "That was brilliant. See, that was a much more entertaining segment. I could sit here and talk to you about the buildings I'm building in Chicago and Las Vegas, but I'm sure you'd much prefer to see Andy Dick actually forcefully removed from a stage."
Old 02-05-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd pay $50 to watch a pay-per-view of Andy Dick being shoved legs-first into a wood chipper.
Old 02-05-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I just don't understand the fascination with the guy. He's not funny in the least and is probably the most annoying person I've ever seen.
Old 02-05-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber
I just don't understand the fascination with the guy. He's not funny in the least and is probably the most annoying person I've ever seen.
Agreed. I did happen to see this live though. Very weird segment. At first, it looked like a joke, when Dick was being taken out. It seems I missed what Dick was doing to get himself thrown out.

Invanka is also hotter than I thought.
Old 02-05-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Trump, the daughter of real estate mogul Donald Trump, was attempting to promote her reality show The Apprentice...
First, HER reality show? Right.

Second, IMDB? Wouldn't word of this spread a lot quicker than three days after the incident with a post on a website notorious for bad information?

Third, I'm watching season 3 of Newsradio right now and Andy Dick was great on this show. It is a shame to see what a real tool he has become.
Old 02-05-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Trump was a good sport after the incident telling Kimmel, "That was brilliant. See, that was a much more entertaining segment. I could sit here and talk to you about the buildings I'm building in Chicago and Las Vegas, but I'm sure you'd much prefer to see Andy Dick actually forcefully removed from a stage."
She's a ninny. He's a ninny. Who cares if it was real or staged? Both of them have already used up their 15 minutes IMHO.
Old 02-05-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
She's a ninny. He's a ninny. Who cares if it was real or staged? Both of them have already used up their 15 minutes IMHO.
The difference is .... she can buy another 15 minutes.
Old 02-05-07, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Andy Dick was the same on the William Shatner Roast. He honestly needs to be taken out and shot in the woods. Just let the world forget he existed. Like a dog that sucks, he needs to be put down.

And now, anyone that schedules him to appear anywhere needs to be put down as well.
Old 02-05-07, 10:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm not sure what's weirder for Ivanka...being hit on by Andy Dick, or being hit on by her own dad.
Old 02-05-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was planned and pre-agreed upon by everyone involved. He always does stunts like that on talk shows. I think he is trying to emulate Andy Kaufman.
Old 02-05-07, 12:13 PM

its on youtube PRetty funny watching them drag him off by his feet and hands.
Old 02-05-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.