Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-03, 06:58 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing the show to taped instead of live wouldn't really affect awkward skits or flubs. The other late night shows are "live-to-tape", which means that while they aren't broadcast live, the show is taped in real-time without any stops or retakes. It takes an extremely bad bit or screwup to cause a retake or (more often) a cut. I've seen plenty of bits bomb on Conan and Kilborn, but they still made it to air.

Besides that, the live aspect allows the desk bits to be more up-to-date. Witness all the times Kimmel shows clips and comments on TV shows broadcast that same night, while all the other late night shows have to wait until the next day. (Or they make a generic joke that doesn't require actually having seen the show.)
Old 07-22-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love the show & it isn't going anywhere the ratings are decent. I like the cohost aspect, some are really funny & the others site there & don't add anything but none detract from the show. The five year old rapper was really funny last night, better than some of the other co hosts that have been on.
Old 07-22-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Tradnor
Changing the show to taped instead of live wouldn't really affect awkward skits or flubs. The other late night shows are "live-to-tape", which means that while they aren't broadcast live, the show is taped in real-time without any stops or retakes. It takes an extremely bad bit or screwup to cause a retake or (more often) a cut. I've seen plenty of bits bomb on Conan and Kilborn, but they still made it to air.

Besides that, the live aspect allows the desk bits to be more up-to-date. Witness all the times Kimmel shows clips and comments on TV shows broadcast that same night, while all the other late night shows have to wait until the next day. (Or they make a generic joke that doesn't require actually having seen the show.)

Yeah, but the live version is always the best. The live MTV awards is always better than the later edited one. The live conan obrien where boxer Prince Naseem Hamed takes 20 minutes to dance his way over to his chair is better than the one where they just cut it out.
Old 07-23-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
"I thought the Jimmy Kimmel show was an infomercial for boring"
Old 10-28-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question about Jimmy Kimmel Live

Where is it "Live" at? I know they film in Los Angeles, but it isn't on in LA until midnight. So, I figured that on the east coast it is shown at about the same time. Right?

Does that mean they actually film at about 9pm local time and broadcast it live in the East and Central time zones, but the Pacific & Mountain time zones are not live?

One of the reason I'm asking is because I plan on going to see the show on Friday -- musical guests Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. I was told to arrive before 7:30pm. I certainly don't want to wait around for 5 hours (if they film at midnight), but I assume they film at about 9pm Pacific time... hopefully.
Old 10-28-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oddly enough, each episode is filmed 4 days in advance out of a warehouse in Peoria, IL.
Old 10-28-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Y2K Falcon •<HR SIZE=1>Oddly enough, each episode is filmed 4 days in advance out of a whorehouse in Peoria, IL. <HR SIZE=1>

Old 10-28-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok.. Just kidding:
http://www.1iota.com/1iotaproductions/event.asp?eid=10

Be a member of our live audience! Audience ticket requests made through this website will be answered within a week of the show you wish to attend. If we are able to accommodate your ticket request, you will receive an email invitation. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL INVITATION, WE WERE UNABLE TO HONOR YOUR TICKET REQUEST.

If you have any problems registering for tickets online or you would like to request tickets for an advanced date that isn't listed above, please call (866) JIMMY TIX (weekdays 12noon-5pm)

Please read the following information carefully:

TAPING SCHEDULE: Jimmy Kimmel Live tapes weeknights @ 9:05 PM in Los Angeles, CA.

LOCATION: El Capitan Entertainment Center, 6840 Hollywood Blvd.

AGE REQUIREMENTS: You must be at least 16 years old to attend a taping.

ARRIVAL TIME: Doors open at 6:45 PM and close at 7:30 PM. Early arrival is recommended. If you should arrive before the doors are scheduled to open, please be aware that you will wait outside until check-in.

PARKING: The audience may use the Hollywood & Highland Complex paid parking lot across the street from the El Capitan. We will validate your parking ticket for $2(4 hours) parking at the end of the show.

DRESS CODE: We ask that everyone dress like you are going out to a club. Do not wear any white, beige or light blue clothing, elaborate patterns or logos, as they are not camera-friendly.

HOW OFTEN CAN I ATTEND A TAPING? We ask that you attend Jimmy Kimmel Live no more than once every six weeks unless asked back to a specific show by a member of our production staff.

CAMERAS/RECORDERS/PHONES: No cameras, recorders, cell phones, pagers, books, food… etc. will be allowed in the studio. If you bring these or any similar items, we will check them and return them to you upon leaving the studio.

SECURITY CHECK: Everyone attending the show must go through a security check before gaining access to the studio. Please downsize any purses or bags you are bringing with you.

CANCELLATION POLICY: Please be aware, reservations are not guaranteed. Shows can cancel or change at any time. If your show should cancel or require a specialized audience, we will notify you as soon as possible, and do our best to reschedule you for another taping without too much inconvenience
Good luck!

Last edited by Y2K Falcon; 10-28-03 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-28-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Ok.. Just kidding:
http://www.1iota.com/1iotaproductions/event.asp?eid=10

Good luck!
Thanks. I couldn't find that on their page.
Old 10-29-03, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to the taping tonight (Brooke Burke and Ed McMahon). It wasn't our intent to go down there and see the show (we were just down there being tourists), but they had a guy out front handing out tickets and asking people if they wanted to see the show, so we did.
Old 10-29-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Daryl
I went to the taping tonight (Brooke Burke and Ed McMahon). It wasn't our intent to go down there and see the show (we were just down there being tourists), but they had a guy out front handing out tickets and asking people if they wanted to see the show, so we did.
That's good to know. I was wondering if I'd have a tough time getting in. Because my "ticket" doesn't guarantee admission.

It's Halloween night, so who knows... I mostly just wanted to see Me First...
Old 10-29-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did they pick the 2 most opposite people on the attractive scale intentionally?

Originally posted by Daryl
Old 10-29-03, 06:42 PM
Banned

Yeah it Tapes at 9:00pm and goes live to the East Coast. That's kind of stupid if you ask me. I wish we could have an honest to goodness "LIVE" show to watch on the West Coast.

Anyway, some nights I'm down there to see a flick at the Egyptian and I see Jimmy do his "walk in"
Old 10-29-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DodgingCars
That's good to know. I was wondering if I'd have a tough time getting in. Because my "ticket" doesn't guarantee admission.

It's Halloween night, so who knows... I mostly just wanted to see Me First...
Be careful. Ability to get it varies wildly depending on who the guests are that night.
Old 10-30-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So do they still tape it at the same time EVERY NIGHT, so on Monday nights after Monday Night Football it isnt live anywhere? I guess that would make sense since no one wants to wait to do the show 1 hour after MNF ends.
Old 04-12-04, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Jimmy Kimmel fans in the DC area, a reminder....

Jimmy Kimmel Live finally comes to ABC 7 tonight at 12:05 am.
Old 04-12-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Jimmy Kimmel fans in the DC area, a reminder....

Originally posted by Red Dog
Jimmy Kimmel Live finally comes to ABC 7 tonight at 12:05 am.
Don't worry, you weren't missing anything.
Old 04-12-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's nice to finally have Jimmy Kimmel live in DC, even if i'm never going to watch it unless Conan is a rerun.
Old 04-12-04, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jimmy Kimmel live is hilarious, in my opinion. I love this show. Of course, I love Conan more, so I always switch over at 12:35, but Kimmel is a surprisingly funny guy. I hated him on the Man Show and Ben Stein's Money.
Old 04-12-04, 03:17 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jimmy Kimmel was definitely the best talk show imo, but about a month ago it looks like they dropped the rotating cohost. I really miss the cohost. Did he announce that he wasn't going to have cohosts anymore?
Old 04-12-04, 09:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nny
Jimmy Kimmel was definitely the best talk show imo, but about a month ago it looks like they dropped the rotating cohost. I really miss the cohost. Did he announce that he wasn't going to have cohosts anymore?
it was great when mike tyson was the co-host

glad its finnaly on in DC, no more opera re-runs.
I think they didnt but it on because black people do
not watch jimmy kimel but alot of white people cannot
get the baltimore station.

hopefully wjla doesnt pre-empt more shows
Old 05-06-04, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Underage Hottie(Lindey Lohan) on Jimmy Kimmel Live : 5-5-04

Jesus F-ing Christ. It's like Lindsey Lohan came outta nowhere to become the hottest thing in a low cut top. And the red hair ain't hurting at all.

D
(subject edited to better represent the content of the post)

Last edited by Derrich; 05-06-04 at 10:18 AM.
Old 05-13-04, 04:34 PM

Jimmy Kimmel Live - Allergic reaction on air?

Anyone see Jimmy Kimmel last night?

Saw this on the drudgereport:

LATE NIGHT COMEDY HOST RUSHED TO HOSPITAL IN ON-AIR MEDICAL SCARE: During a live interview on ABC TV Wednesday night, the face of Jimmy Kimmel began to swell, his voice went raspy, and his eyes subsequently closed shut. Immediately after the show he was taken to a Hollywood area hospital where he was administered treatment and is said to be recovering from an undisclosed allergic reaction...
Old 05-13-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Who was he interviewing?
Old 05-13-04, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Stuff like that usually happens to me if I try to watch that awful show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.