TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 12.08.2002

Old 12-08-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alias 12.08.2002

Double-Oh-Yeah...with a kick?
Old 12-08-02, 09:56 PM

awesome episode, it was kick ass, i actually thought the mom had betrayed them!
Old 12-08-02, 10:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Great episode. We actually got some action scenes instead of Sydney crying.
Old 12-08-02, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a great episode. Lena Olin is sooooo cool. "I just spent five hours in a grain bin. It's my turn now." LOL.

It was a much better two parter than last year's. Sure, there was a missing finger and all again, but I loved the whole trek to India with the family. It was really enjoyable to see the family interact.

What was up with Vaughn and the tickets? Since when do you need tickets to go to a miniature golf course? And stalking is not my idea of a first date.

And yeah, that previews annoucer guy needs to stop being so cheesy. It took me awhile to figure out what exactly that "double-oh-yeah" reference was to, but they couldn't have thought of anything better? I am looking forward to seeing Faye Dunaway, though.
Old 12-09-02, 12:11 AM

This episode was really good and exciting, but i dont get the miniature golf tickets?
Old 12-09-02, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alias - Operation: Lame Episode Names

Who thinks up this crap?

BobSoup, when she first contacted Vaughn for a status report, she made an offhand remark about how normal families play miniature golf together.

das
Old 12-09-02, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yea this episode was so much better than last weeks episode.
Many more questions were answered and more action!!

the episode seemed longer because more progress was made plotwise instead of all that relationship stuff and angst.
Its great that the rambaldi stuff has come back to the show. Hope they bring back that prophecy.
Old 12-09-02, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by das Monkey
Alias - Operation: Lame Episode Names

Who thinks up this crap?
I guess this is what we have to put up with since it seems there's no longer a ten minute synopsis of what the show's about at the beginning.

Hmm...I missed the reference to miniature golf too. Coincidence or are you getting a version of the show that we're not das?

Anyways...i'm really hoping they're not going to do something stupid like redeem Lena. That's the feeling I got this ep and that would truly suck. I like the ambiguousness of not knowing what's up with her.
Old 12-09-02, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i am really liking what they are doing with the show this year. while i enjoyed last year's more intricate plots that took awhile to set up and finish, i am slowly learning to get used to the more 'viewer-friendly' plots of this year. a show that started out as solely about sydney, is quickly becoming an ensemble about the entire bristow family. jack and irina are starting to play just as vital a role as sydney. i am probably in the minority, but i for one, think that it might be very interesting to see what happens if irina decides that she does indeed want to try to atone for all of her past mistakes. that looks to be what is happening but it very well could all be a big setup. i hope that doesn't happen but we shall see. while i don't want every week to be a bristow family outing i think that they occasionally have to have irina out of the cell in the action.

on another couple of tidbits...
1). i really hope they don't start naming every weeks episode.

2). we kinda debated this last week but i think that syd actually killed someone this week.
Old 12-09-02, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the best "little" scene was when Jack and Irina remembered the burnt toast (while they were on the train).

All the spy stuff is just a framework to getting at growth within the characters.

Marshall's reaction to losing the tracking on $100 million in Bearer Bonds was classic.

Sloane's got problems on many fronts (the Emily diversion, plus having Sark in his henhouse).

Lena Olin is one of the best at playing the unscrupulous femme fatales. She simply owns those types of parts, and her possible deception of her former KGB superior was yet another good performance. I still don't know if I'd trust Irina, even with all that's gone down between the 3 of them (Jack, Inina, and Sydney).

Poor Jack, everytime he sees Irina, I'm sure he's fighting 2 urges: Kill her or jump her.
Old 12-09-02, 11:21 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Poor Jack, everytime he sees Irina, I'm sure he's fighting 2 urges: Kill her or jump her.
I know what I'd do
Old 12-09-02, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, jump her and then kill her (if I had to). Necessarily in that order.
Old 12-09-02, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jack should definitely go with his instinct first.

Then, before she escapes, go with his other instinct:
Old 12-09-02, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The scene where they were remembering the burnt toast...

Is that the first time we've seen Jack smile?
Old 12-09-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe...
Old 12-09-02, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by neale
Is that the first time we've seen Jack smile?
Yep, I think so.

Really enjoyed this episode (probably the most of any this season). They need to use Lena Olin more and get her out of that cage more often. Excellent.

I really like the way they are starting to break out of the mold a bit and feature the rest of the cast. As much as I liked the standard format from last season (set up situation, marshall gives new toy, get CIA counter-mission, go on SD-6/CIA mission, end in cliffhanger), it's also great to mix things up a bit.

The only negative is that they seem to be forgetting Dixon a lot this season. I really like that character.

Did anyone else notice how *late* the credits started? It was over 14 minutes into the program! Guess they had a lot of plot to get out of the way first...

Now if ABC can just stop with the lame-ass ads for the show, we'll be all set. {Shot of Syndey's chest... "double-oh-yeah" ... Alias: Operation xxxxxx ... give me a friggin break.}
Old 12-09-02, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
good episode - are Jack Bristow's disguises going to get worse as the season progresses? They do such a good job w/ Sydney sometimes, it is almost like an inside joke the way they "disquise" Jack for missions.
Old 12-09-02, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I always stop before the preview.. dont much like those.

Pretty good ep.

The minigolf was kinda and India might want to get some better fighterpilots and/or ammunitions..

what 3-4 runs at the building and they just blew a few windows?

And why call off the attack after the bristow's left? Not to mention now they believe him (he might as well just have said 'we have the cores' before he got there ).
Old 12-09-02, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Another thing - SD6 cant be missing sydney much? She's never there and seems to hang out at langley for days at the time..
Old 12-09-02, 02:42 PM
Banned

I didnt get the whole minature golf thing either and why didnt he just go along instead of watching them from a far.
Will and Francie had a lot to do during the episode didnt they?

Either give Francie something to do on a regular basis or get rid of her.

Love Lena. Was her accent cutting in and out?
Old 12-09-02, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth cooper2000 •<HR SIZE=1>why didnt he just go along instead of watching them from a far.<HR SIZE=1>

Because he's a pervert.

Are you new to the show? He's a CIA agent. Being seen in public together wouldn't be too good for Sydney. That's why they meet in secret all the time and can't date.

das
Old 12-09-02, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman

Marshall's reaction to losing the tracking on $100 million in Bearer Bonds was classic.

that had me
Old 12-09-02, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by bboisvert
The only negative is that they seem to be forgetting Dixon a lot this season. I really like that character.

Did anyone else notice how *late* the credits started? It was over 14 minutes into the program! Guess they had a lot of plot to get out of the way first...
A bit of speculation re: Dixon:

Spoiler:
Anybody think he's the guy who has Emily? The voice on the phone is somewhat similar to his, even though it's disguised. Well, he has to do something in his free time, why not freak the hell out of Sloane?

I was rather suprised at how short the segments of the show where. You turn your head, the show goes to commerical break. Usually, I expect 3-4 commerical breaks, but I think there were many more this episode. I bet they wants to spread the story out or something.
Old 12-09-02, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The voice is the same as the one that Jack used to scare the beejeezus out of Will when Will was getting too close to the truth and SD-6.
Old 12-10-02, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by freedexter
A bit of speculation re: Dixon:

Spoiler:
Anybody think he's the guy who has Emily? The voice on the phone is somewhat similar to his, even though it's disguised. Well, he has to do something in his free time, why not freak the hell out of Sloane?
I would almost welcome this storyline in hopes that the writers haven't simply forgotten that Dixon exists. On the other hand:
Spoiler:
it seems really out of character for Dixon. I personally think Sark is hedging his bets and has Emily (probably working with someone else). Unless we're simply dealing with somone new

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.